World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : mido9

Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. Empty
PostSubject: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 am

Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. 300px-WingtortoiseGENF-JP-C

Eff:When a face-up Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster you control is banished: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard.

If i were to banish sky oni-eating ray from my side of the field while i have 2 wing turtles in my graveyard,can i summon both or would the second one miss it's timing? what if i were to chain shark sucker to the summon of the turtles?
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 am

if its a "you can" then if you summon one the next one in the chain would miss timing
Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am

Quote :
When a Beast-Type monster is destroyed, you cannot Special Summon multiple "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest", even if you have multiple copies of "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest" in your Hand/Graveyard.[4]
(they both have a trigger effect which special summons them from the hand/graveyard)

It's not a matter of timing, activations don't mess with timing, resolutions do, normally 2 trigger effects with the same trigger would chain to each other, but in these cases there is a general rule I guess, on monster effects that special summon themselves. The rulings that say you can't summon both gorz and tragoedia from the same attack or both fader and scarlet ogre thingy from the same attack declaration or 2 doppels may seem arbitary but there is a general rule: you can't use 2 monster effects that special summon themselves which trigger of the same event on a SEGOC chain, you must pick one. I thought it was only for the hand initially but after looking into malefic truth dragon and finding the green baboon ruling it seems it applies to hand/graveyard effects as well, at least.

If you want a short answer, no, you can't, pick one and summon it.

As for the Shark Sucker, you can respond to the summon of the tortoise with its effect and summon it.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am

Roro makes a valid point even I did not no of. All those duels where I used double Doppels on Junk Synchron...
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:54 am

yeah so if doppel works... why doesnt naturia cliff?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 am

That's not what I meant. What I'm trying to say is that I've lived a lie which nobody has ever revealed the truth for until now.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 pm

The Cynical Duelist wrote:
yeah so if doppel works... why doesnt naturia cliff?

Well in order for naturia cliff to work, it's destruction must be the direct last thing to happen, meaning u cannot get it's effect if it's tributed, use for a synchro summon, destroyed as cost etc.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

ah makes sense now smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.   Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects. Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding multiple wing tortoise effects.
Page 1 of 1