World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lupe's GFX Showcase

Go down 
+2
Unknown
Lupe
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

Lupe's GFX Showcase Empty
PostSubject: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 am

Hey there members of WDA! This is my GFX showcase, here I will be featuring my latest work, and will be updating very often. I am a recently new Martyr/GFX-er so i might be nubish and might be bad with the problems of shadows, lightings and flows. I currently use PS CS5 Extended. So here comes the GFX, probably thats what's suppose to be in here, GFX because this is a showcase, duh!.

There are going to be labeled oldest (higher) to newest (lower).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lupe on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:49 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:38 am

Nobody is posting for meh... well I might as well say I am going to start on a new sig, prob its gonna end up messy
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 am

Try starting off with something besides c4d signatures. They can be hard for beginners to PS.
Back to top Go down
IronicTrout
WDA Member
WDA Member
IronicTrout

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IronicTrout

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 am

Unknown wrote:
Try starting off with something besides c4d signatures. They can be hard for beginners to PS.

This^. I started out with smudge sig tuts and the best thing you can do is tutorials online. I still use them to get new techniques to get my sigs looking top-notch. And remember the only way to get better is to have confidence in your work and keep practicing!
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:02 am

IronicTrout wrote:
Unknown wrote:

This^. I started out with smudge sig tuts and the best thing you can do is tutorials online. I still use them to get new techniques to get my sigs looking top-notch. And remember the only way to get better is to have confidence in your work and keep practicing!

Took your advice IT, made a new smudge sig with nothing else but simple editing. I added borders too! I hope you guys like it :3

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:28 am

Looking good bro, but take off that other light source in the corner.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:35 am

Unknown wrote:
Looking good bro, but take off that other light source in the corner.

I must have mistakely added that, I will be sure to check for things I did wrong next time smile Thanks anyways. I had a feeling this one would be way better
Back to top Go down
IronicTrout
WDA Member
WDA Member
IronicTrout

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:06 am

Looks really good. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Drats! It's awesome :(
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:23 am

Thank you all :D I knew this one would look better, I will be sure to make signatures like these and better! What kind of signature do you think I should make next? Or should I make another smudge sig? Since these are easy and probably I will be mainly doing smudge sigs with a lil' bit of C4D
Back to top Go down
IronicTrout
WDA Member
WDA Member
IronicTrout

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Pyro wrote:
Thank you all :D I knew this one would look better, I will be sure to make signatures like these and better! What kind of signature do you think I should make next? Or should I make another smudge sig? Since these are easy and probably I will be mainly doing smudge sigs with a lil' bit of C4D

I think you should do whatever you want. The only ways to get better with c4d sigs is to do them. The thing that is most important is to not limit yourself to just using one technique, but to rather mix all the techniques you know into your own style.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:13 pm

You can try using Smudges like 0-2 more then kick it up a notch. o.o
Though I'm a slow learner at photoshop so i made like 5 <.<
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am

I'm starting on a smudge + little C4D render, I fear this will end bad but if I am lucky I can make it awesome
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:34 am

Sorry for double post, but my new signature is done :D I didn't use any tutorial for this, I used what I could do from my brain, It didn't turn out as how I thought it should but I tried, my resources are low ._. ( I tried and needed a snow storm C4D/Background render but couldn't find so sig had to fail) Well here it is :D

Lupe's GFX Showcase 97sis0

(Also if anyone wants the PSD I have it saved, for fixing the fails I did in it)
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:34 am

With a white background it would be hard to add a light source. Stuff it up with some more c4ds to cover up the humongous amount of white you got there.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:05 am

Unknown wrote:
With a white background it would be hard to add a light source. Stuff it up with some more c4ds to cover up the humongous amount of white you got there.

I will try, thanks for the advice :D
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Quit it, your making me look bad.. Lupe's GFX Showcase 2423967209
But other than that, I think the left side looks really plain.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:01 am

99nour wrote:
Quit it, your making me look bad.. Lupe's GFX Showcase 2423967209
But other than that, I think the left side looks really plain.

Working on that.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:34 am

Sorry guys I can't do anything about the blank white space, no fitting C4D and I know nothing to fit in it, its suppose to be the snow bursting into the soldier and then it goes with flow with C4D after the soldier and a break-glass kind of way which makes the sig good, it would turn out a mess if I tried to fill something in the blank white space.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:32 am

Maybe you should try some splatter brushes.
Back to top Go down
Scar
WDA Member
WDA Member
Scar

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 am

cool :D
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:15 am

Infernal_Darkness wrote:
cool :D

Thnx :D

Unknown wrote:
Maybe you should try some splatter brushes.

Download for dem plzkthnx
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:39 pm

http://www.deviantart.com/download/60718934/Splatter_Brushes_by_corelila.abr
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Unknown wrote:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/60718934/Splatter_Brushes_by_corelila.abr

I got them but where are they placed? Or where can I find them?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:41 am

You've come quite a long way in such little time it seems. You need to adjust your text. First off, don't complicate it too much; make it simple, easy to read by anyone, and stick to a single gradient with a 1px border, with no other effects. Second, your alignment is rather off. It has to go with the render, and it should be placed within the intersections of the lines as I explained in my tutorial.

About everything else, don't position the light source at the edge of the signature. It should be on top in harmony with the flow, and if you place it under the gradient map, it should give off better color flow.

The borders need some work too. A default that works every time for me is to create a border of 15px and erase it on the sides, and then another border of 3-4px. Always stick to black borders, but only under very rare circumstances may you use white.

This is what I can come up with from the top of my head. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lupe's GFX Showcase   Lupe's GFX Showcase Empty

Back to top Go down

Lupe's GFX Showcase
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next