World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call of the haunted and MST

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guoxing
Lava Lagoon
Lava Lagoon
Guoxing

Waifu : Guoxing

Call of the haunted and MST Empty
PostSubject: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:56 am

MST activated on facedown CotH, the player target on his tengu, will the effect of COTH revive tengu and then MST destroy coth, resulted tengu effect to activate ?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:01 am

Assuming what you are saying is:
Mystical space typhoon is activated targetting a face down Call of the Haunted, said CotH is chained and targets Reborn Tengu in the graveyard:

Chains always resolve backwards
Call will summon Tengu on the field,
MST will kill Call
then the effect of call applies and kills tengu
tengu is destroyed and sent from the field to the graveyard
so long as all copies are not in areas of public knowledge there is no reason for tengu not to activate

Logic solves 97% of your problems
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:59 am

What is this logic you speak of?
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:14 am

Quote :
so long as all copies are not in areas of public knowledge there is no reason for tengu not to activate.

aside from TCG crap, about targeting and mandatory effect, mandatory effect will always activate anyway.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:39 am

☆_Nemlim_☆ wrote:
Quote :
so long as all copies are not in areas of public knowledge there is no reason for tengu not to activate.

aside from TCG crap, about targeting and mandatory effect, mandatory effect will always activate anyway.
Besides targetting and TCG, there is this dandylion OCG ruling
Quote :
If you do not have two empty Monster Card Zones when this card is sent to the Graveyard, then the effect which Special Summons the "Fluff Tokens" does not activate.[1]
It could be a mistranslation and I am not confident on whether I can look that one up so if anyone can it would help. To be honest though I cannot tell even with that, considering I am getting such an OCG ruling and there is the regular targetting thing in the TCG, whether Tengu would activate or not if all copies are accounted for and have been wondering about that for a while.

EDIT: Never mind, found it, Tengu will activate.
Back to top Go down
Guoxing
Lava Lagoon
Lava Lagoon
Guoxing

Waifu : Guoxing

PostSubject: Re: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

sorry for asking such stupid question, but my friend is too stupid enough to tell me that it won't activate because of this and that. admin can close topic now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of the haunted and MST   Call of the haunted and MST Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of the haunted and MST
Page 1 of 1