World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tournament Area

Go down 
+9
The Cynical Duelist
Lupe
Nour Force
Dragonclaw
akaFila
Bakura Normal
Neku Sakuraba
Unknown
Fish
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 am

The entire Tournament Area was packed into one large square area, dominated by a gigantic dome-shaped building with what looked like a glass roof. Inside, a thin outer layer of the arena was built from multiple stalls and bars for food and souvenirs, with a huge inner layer consisting of 4 dueling fields lying in a rectangular shape, surrounded by huge seating stands. This created an effective all-in-one field, where entire tournaments could be carried out without spectators having to even leave their seats.
The glass dome magnified the sunlight which shone down, warming the fields and the spectator stands to a comfortable level, even in winter, whilst creating a beautiful sight when the fields were empty; a waterfall of light cascading onto the well-kept grass which made up the dueling fields.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:30 pm

"The first Tournament de Paiges is under way!!", an announcer cried to a teeming mass of spectators who had flocked to catch sight of the duelists brought for the Duelist Empire king tournament.
"Sign ups are here! Prep. Stations are over there! Any questions? See the staff! Be fast; let's get this tourny STARTEEEEDD!"

The announcer's enthusiastic and barely understandable rantings seemed only to excite the crowd further as duelist after duelist signed up for the games.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 am

Jason walked into the tournament district and looked around for the registration table. Once he spotted it, he walked into the long line and started waiting.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:21 pm

-Damn it,there is a waiting line -_- -
Zero then pulled out from his jacket his earphones
-this is gonna take some time for sure-
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Sentan walked into the tournament area looking at the tons of duelists who had come to sign up, He noticed the line and the register table and joined it, he pulled out his deck and started to have a final check over it before he signed up, he was hear to win, not to fail miserably ebcause his deck sucked, his deck was fine anyway but still. He checked and checked well the lin slowly whent down
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Loki made his way into the Tournament District, walking up to the end of the line at the sign-up tables. Finally the time had come to prove himself here among the other elite duelists that had been gathered. Though the line seemed to be at a stand still, he couldn't wait for the games to begin.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:21 pm

After leaving the mayor's mansion, Core head straight for the tournament area, feet burning like hell. While in the middle of his running, he stopped , full of fatigue. Leaning over, he started panting. "Huh...huuuhh. I've really outdone myself this time. Running... from place to place is impossible..." After a very long moment of rest and recovery, he had made it to the tournament area with a package of a tired teen.
Core pushed open the doors. 'Yay. I made it... Time to prove my worth! After I vanquish the horrible moments of despair and boringness that torment me while waiting through the tournament sign-up line.' He waited in line and took out his deck, shuffling his deck and peering at some cards. 'Meeh. X-Sabers ftw. They shall be the tournament winning deck. Kind of like most USA Yu-Gi-Oh championships.'

Notes:
---------
1. Core came from the mansion. I was gonna start him at the relaxation district, but it's a weekday and i'm extremely lazy during these times. (I wonder how I even finish my homework?)

2. I may be a little inactive during the weekdays, so there may be a delay in the rp tournament for my matches, considering if I do get to duel. I'm pretty sure I'll probally be able to duel though. P.S: I think I just made up the word boringness. Woot, give me a nobel prize now.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm

The tournament director walked up to the podium. Clearing his throat, he spoke clearly, despite being betrayed by his strong German accent.

"Good eveniiing, mein friends. I welcome you all to ze first tournament of ze Duelist Empire competition. Ve are currently taking names down and ze tournament brackets vill be constructed very soon. I encourage all duelists to take part. Ve have many different brackets in this tournament due to a large number of people, but our newest, unannounced bracket, Bracket D, currently consists of:

Jason Zen
Rei Hitenshi
Sentan Senna
Loki Trib.... Tribbi.... Steve.
Core Sabersworn
Alexandre Belenus
Luso Aben

Zere is room for van moar person in zis bracket; zen ve shall start a new bracket using our next duelists. Sank you for your time."
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 pm

A Late Reply e.e I posted this in Mayor's Mansion aswell.
--

Sign up zone, got it! Angela whispered herself, then went to sign up. She then went to her new room.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Lupe suddenly appears out of no where after rushing from his room, and goes to sign up his name, ''Glad thats done, I was late. I'm gonna stay here for the while.'' Lupe then walks around viewing the area staring at the announcers listening, wanders around more. Lupe realizes he signed up TOO late. He facepalmed and continued wandering more.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:24 am

Sentan grabbed a hot dog and coke for some sort of breakfast and headed looked around a bit to familiarise himself with this district, when he had a general picture of it he ate the last of his hot dog , sipped his coke and left back to the relaxation district to sit down untill the tournament actually began, luckily you could here that announcer from wherever you are
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 am

"More waiting, eh? Well, should probably get some food," Jason said to himself. He located a grill cheese stand and ordered a ham and cheese, a cup of tomato soup, and a bottle of cold water. "Omnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom," Jason munched hungrily to himself.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 am

Loki sighed softly as his name was called out among the others in Bracket D, the fact that his name alone had be screwed up was sure to make him look stupid amongst the crowd gathered. The teen, having signed up and all already, moved over to a clear spot where the dueling fields were clearly visible, leaning against the stone wallway as he crossed his arms and blinked off to stare into the filled arena seats.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Theo eventually reaches the sign up table out of breath... "Full yet?" he asks the girls at the registration table.
"I think we have one more position left" says one of the girls thinking.
"Could you check for me please?" Pants Theo. The girl walks away to ask about the tournament positions available.
Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
Narrator
WDA Member
WDA Member
Narrator

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:09 am

For the first time in a few days the tournament area is filled with people. However at this time signs are forcing the public out of the tournament area. Instead the people surrounding and filling the gigantic glass dome are parts of 2 groups. One group of people are seemingly workers, busily going in and out of the tournament area, setting up unknown equipment and cables. The other group of people are executives of the tournament commitee of the duelist empire, mainly making sure that no one else comes close to the area and discussing details with an exceptionally well dressed young man with an exceptionally pompous attitude. After the failure of the previous tournament this man was hired by the tournament commitee to make sure it is done right, that man's name was Richard Andrews.

"Mr. Andrews, if I may, I still don't understand what the crew you hired is working on and why we are evacuating the area so diligently..."
"Look Bob-"
"Mr. Andrews, my name is not-"
"Don't interrupt me."
"Sorry..."
"As I was saying Bob, here's how it is. What we do here is yugioh, but not yugioh in general, we play yugioh and we do it in tournaments, and as we are professionals selling nothing at all, it is unacceptable to sell that nothing with anything less than absolute magnificence. In life, Bob, there is win and there is fail, and this area is now a massive symbol of fail. But, you'll say, all that happened was a 2 day delay in the tournament, of course I know you'll want to say that, how long do you think I've known you-"
"Mr. Andrews, we met 2 minutes ago-"
"Don't interrupt me. Don't talk. I'll talk for you.
As I was saying, you'll ask me,'how is it a fail if it was just a minor delay?'
You are a fool for asking that Bob. Any flaw in organizing the tour which appears BEFORE the tournament has began is a catastrophe. People will know you fail, people will not take you seriously, they won't care about your tournament and it will fail again. And even if it doesn't fail, it is no thanks to you, but thanks to them, and if it is thanks to them, they might as well make the tournament themselves! And you know what happens when they make tournaments themselves?! The game will lose a huge part of its marketability, much less money will be invested into it, the players will start gambling, the kids will start gambling, people will lose their jobs, WE will lose our jobs, the world, ends. And all that because you chose to accept a fail Bob, you are simply despicable.
But I see you are now ready to repent and ask me, 'So what do we do now my Lord, Richard Andrews?'
Excellent question Bob, couldn't have said it better myself.
What we do is we visibly turn a new leaf, show them that is done with, show them its a relic of the past that has nothing to do with us, show them that what we have is completely new. And how do we accomplish that, you ask?
Same way we deal with all of our problems Bob, erase them and make sure there is nothing left of them."

At that moment, Richard Andrews gives a hand signal to the unknown worker group. After a final check they hand Mr. Andrews a button. He wordlessly takes it, lifts it up to the air and presses it.
Many small explosions sound shortly after Mr. Andrews pressed the button from the direction of the main dome of the tournament area. WIth those explosions, the dome collapses flat to the ground, while some debris dangerously fly towards the astounded tournament commitee excecutives. The man Mr. Andrews refered to as Bob is no different at the sight of the magnificent structure collapsing. After narrowly avoiding a stroke he manages to get out words to question Richard Andrews, as bouldozers are arriving to clear the debris.
"Wh-wh-what are you doing?! That was one of the most acclaimed dueling arenas in the entire world! Why would you do that and how would we ever host a tournament now?!"
"Precisely Bob, this was one of the most acclaimed dueling arenas in the world, and that makes its demolition all the more spectacular. Why you ask? For the reason you hired me, to help you. Truthfully speaking Bob, domes are not for yugioh, not anymore. Long gone is the time where you would impress people by overcompensating. In actuallity yugioh is not a sport and it's not an art. Most of what we show is hollograms so as long as they can see the game through a screen the effect is close to watching it live. What spectators want today is a nice atmosphere, comfortable seating, good acoustics and drinking bars. Players too want stages with imagination and style to magnify the thrills. But you will ask, 'how will we do that without a dueling arena? Are we going to put a drinking bar and tv sets outside and hope they find the grass comfortable?'
Haha, it's good to see you are not losing your humour even now Bob, but no, they won't find the grass comfortable, their butts will hurt, their pants will get green and they will hate it. But you should have believed in me Bob, I am disappointed in you, for the answer is very simple.
Pre-made! We simply bring in the parts, put them together and in a couple of days this will be done. Efficiency Bob, so long as you are efficient you can do anything. ANYTHING."

True to Mr. Andrews' words, the formely demolition crew was now bringing in with trucks and cranes large, peculiarly shaped, pieces of metal, as well as equippment such as giant tv sets, furniture and a drinking bar with a classy barman on it trying to steady himself.

"Will it be good you say? Excellent! Seperate dueling arenas, lounges, spectator areas and bathrooms are all in random numbers I wouldn't bother memorizing! Each duel arena different from the other, comfortable sofas and large plasma tv screens for the lounges and what's best the drinking bar comes with its own bartender." Mr. Andrews says as he points to the woobling bartender on top of the still moving one-piece drinking bar. "Is it safe you ask? Who cares?! Yugioh comes first, everything else, including human life, comes second. Besides, I'm telling you, duelists will love the sense of danger emanating from the joints of the structure being disturbed whenever the duel disk effects go over the top. It's perfect in every way possible, a duel arena for now and the future."

Exasperated 'Bob', was watching the trucks and workers passing behind Andrews, which with his arms wide open and lifted up was presenting. Eventually one of the trucks brought a kyosk at the surrounding area. After the moving now crew took it from the truck and steadied in to the ground, a woman came out from inside and started setting up signs reading "Registrations Open" and "Grand Welcome Tournament" among others. Meanwhile one of the jack-of-all-trades crew brought Mr. Andrews a microphone. Upon turning it on the noise resounded loudly throughout the island of Duelist Empire, before Richard Andrews announced.

ATTENTION DUELISTS OF THE DUELIST EMPIRE. I AM RICHARD ANDREWS. REGISTRATIONS FOR THE GRAND WELCOME TOURNAMENT ARE NOW OPEN. YOU MAY ALL ENTER.

After that Mr. Andrews turns off the the microphone and hands it back to the crewman, who leaves.
Regaining his composure once again, 'Bob' protests
"Wait, that's it?! After all that, that's all the advertising you'll do?!"
"Silly Bob, public relations and advertising is not my job, my job is to take all credit for the things other people do for me, and I so happen to have a person to do the advertising for me. She will do the advertising later."

With that Richard Andrews gets in the back seat of the black BMW that just stopped next to him before the car drives away.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:11 am

RP mod messege: You don't have to read the Narrator post (previous post), all you need to know is that once again we are accepting registrations for the RP tournament, previous registrations for the tournament don't count. So if you are still interested in this rp come to the tournament area and post that you are registering at the kyosk.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Jason entered the area and to his amazement, he was the first one here. The place was a desolate as his mini fridge after a good session of pigging out. Jason ran over to the kiosk with a huge childish grin and tapped away on the system with his information.
"Me first! Nananabooboo!" Jason giggled at no one.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Core pushed open the door to the tournament area. He stared around in awe and amazement. 'Son of a gun, this place is so luxurious.' He walked around the main lobby, taking the sight of what would be modern future buildings. 'I wonder how they built this in such a short time. After all, we've only been here for at least 2 weeks.' Apparently, the place was very barren though, it could make anyone feel lonely.
Core found a info sign leading towards the sign-up kiosks. There he found Jason, who could possibly be the only person here, other than himself. Without hesitating, he started filling in his information.
'Name, Core Sabersworn. Birthday, let's see... December 2, 1995. Decktype, X-Sabers. Invitation Verification Code, uh... 3X75B764. Fingerprint check, wait what?'
The screen showed a area to place his thumb, prompting him to place his right thumb, onto the virtual screen.
"Now I'm finished!"
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:05 pm

The doors leading into the Tournament Area parted yet again as another duelist made his own way in, his name being Loki Tribbiani. Letting his eyes dance off to take in the large structure, the teen took a brief moment of studying before making his short journey to the sign-up kiosk. Once there, his information was all put in and entered in mere moments.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:17 am

Niki walked by casually to the tournament signups (Haters gonna hate). She just stared at how wide the place is in amazement. Just thinking about how long it took to build that much. Until someone yelled at her from afar to move it. She quickly ran, to the signup center. Name, deck, and a few other details were written.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:00 am

John ran inside the doors.
When he finally spotted the sign-up spot,he ran,smashing to people and saying "Sorry!"
He filled out the sheet and took a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:03 am

Hunter walks into the Arena, amazed by the sight of it. Hunter with no interest in competing in this tournament took his seat in the stand somewhere laying back and enjoying himself.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Honestly I can be a lazy person. It's not like I don't work when I need to nor do I feel like dropping what I am doing and going to sleep, but rather the opposite. I have been constantly busy, time is always an issue, therefore whenever I find empty time in my life with nothing available to do at all, I simply enjoy it. Catching up on sleep, sitting in the same place thinking aimlessly for an hour, taking too much time to finish a meal, etc. So even though the tournament got delayed, I can't say I am complaining about everything. True, I've lost time, but in the spirit of "it can't be helped" my lazy part took full advantage of it.

And still I am glad we are getting the tournament restarted (or as they say starting another tournament, but who cares), because that's what I came here for and I like Yu-Gi-Oh. So I am trying to break past the "slow habbits" I picked these 2 days and am here to register first thing in the morning.

While I am not a person to remember his surroundings, I can't help but remember the magnificent dome that once stood here and be slightly amazed by this miracle-like transformation of this space, to the point where I am still seriously doubting whether I am at the right place. In the end though, I successfully manage to ignore that, get to the registration table and write down the neccessary information, again... Now will it start today or am I going back to sleep? If I am worried about one thing, it is that the longer this takes, the more my lazy part takes over...
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:01 am

Sentan ran into the tournament area, spotting the sign up stand and rushung towards it, he squeezed through a few people, some of which complained, but he just winked and carried on moving towards it. Sentan grabbed a form and filled out all the deatails, handing it back in well he gave them a piece of paper with his deck list. He then sat on a bench nearby , trying to regain his breath, he took out a bottel of coke he had braught with him and took a big gulp. The fiz hurt his throat but it was refreshing. He leaned back on the bench , his hair falling down his neck. He was so bored, he couldn't wait for this to get started so he could kick some ass with his inzektors.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:39 am

99nour wrote:
Niki walked by casually to the tournament signups (Haters gonna hate). She just stared at how wide the place is in amazement. Just thinking about how long it took to build that much. Until someone yelled at her from afar to move it. She quickly ran, to the signup center. Name, deck, and a few other details were written.

(Forgot to add..)
~
After signing up for the tournament, Niki was about to go back to her room, but she thought maybe she could sit down and have a small rest first. She sat at a nearby bench, not noticing some guy was there, and just relaxed. Although, she really thinking about what she can do to improve her deck. She thought What if I combo'd with.. No, no, that wouldn't work.. I just know there's something I can do to make my deck better. My deck isn't even that good, and the chances of me losing are.. She sighed, leaned back, and relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament Area
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next