World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 am

If you saw my latest update on the academy, then I don't have to repeat what happened. I worked on it enough for it to function properly. Although I know that it can be a whole lot better with its presentation and gimmicks, I am comfortable with hanging the towel for now and taking a break. I will not talk about how to use the navbar to its full functionality and elaborate on what it means to be a WDA member (as in how to make the most out of this place.)

1)
Navbar
No Longer Valid

Spoiler:

2)
The Experience

What many non-regulars misunderstand about WDA is that they either expect a traditional duel academy with fundamental standards. As we have noticed, we are by no means a traditional duel academy nor do we have fundamental standards. If anything about our structures, we duel when it is most convenient for us. Most of us, whether you like it or not, are casual duelists. The minority of us are truly experienced and are competitive duelists who can contend in larger scaled events. As we learned, it is okay for us to be like this and it is okay for us to not duel as much as other places.

Why is that?

It is better to look at WDA as a community of people who gather together to be comfortable within our niche setting. By that, I mean be happy being nerds together. We're starting to introduce non-YGO stuff because YGO just simply isn't our only, single interest. Why not express our interests with each other? Why not play and discuss our favorite games and shows together? Disabling and suppressing these would only contradict who we are as a community. Therefore, we stick around to make the most out of what we have.

If you dislike being apart of a community, then perhaps WDA (or pretty much any other place) is not right for you. We will do our thing, you can do yours. Sticking around together in this flexible setting has allowed us to stay alive and prosper (whether you agree to disagree on this, it is true.)

Furthermore, what I suggest that you, guests, non-regulars, regulars, and mods, is to give WDA a chance. We do host innovative and exciting events, present many challenges for you as a duelist, have many discussions on many different topics and respond to your issues very quickly. If you like to duel, don't be afraid to use our Hang-Out to multi-task DN and WDA. That's why we have it.

If anyone has inputs on how to make the most out of WDA, you are free to post here.

Last edited by Ariel on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Digi, you bes drunking. We da WORLD duelz academees.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Ah, Unknown, but are we talking about the world of Earth, or the world to mean a person, persons, or even humanity itself, and the entirety of their perception? Does the 'World' in our name limit our horizons, or does it refer to the humanity's experience of life and all it holds within?

Unknown, you bes needing to bes thinkings.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Yes, just one click on the magician's boobs and you're 'home'.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 am

can you make the navbar or w.e that black bar is called under the banner
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:18 am

AliBaba wrote:
can you make the navbar or w.e that black bar is called under the banner

The problem I had with that is that the drop down lists went completely under the advertisements, making them unusable. Now there are two alternatives to this. The first is to find technical help with the coding of the navbar to have a higher priority (which I haven't a clue how to do.) The second alternative is to have the navbar hover at the top of the screen (which I haven't a clue how to do yet.) This was the best I could do yesterday without pulling out my hair from stress from my lack of knowledge in web programming. I'm kinda learning as I go. So lets call this navbar Version 2.0 and have version 2.1 have one of the two alternatives. The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy 6Rscr

Last edited by DigiDigi on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 am

So whats yourz sayinging is datg dis academee is actually not a world, buts the ideras of whatebers you wants hits to bees?
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:48 pm

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t5735-how-to-make-friends-on-wda#50143

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t5734-toolbar-tab-bar-tutorial#50142

Here are two neat tutorials/guides that I made for member experience. Feel free to read them and do comment on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy   The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy Empty

Back to top Go down

The WDA Member's Guide to the Galaxy
Page 1 of 1