World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite Game OSTs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Favourite Game OSTs Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Game OSTs   Favourite Game OSTs EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm sure we all have at least a few. Let's see, my favorites are mostly from Guilty Gear/Blazblue, Touhou, or Persona.

Baiken's theme from Guilty Gear. Although she probably isn't my favorite character, her theme is indeed one of my favorites, and is the reason why I main her.

Behold one of the best boss battle themes of all time. It's almost as good as Battle for Everyone's Souls!(A Persona 3 OST)

Another one of the best boss battle themes of all time, and possibly my favorite out of the entire Persona series soundtrack. The opera singing that shows up in the middle only makes it even better.

Anyone else feels like spamming posting here?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Game OSTs   Favourite Game OSTs EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:54 am

This is actually a very difficult question. I have always changed my favorite video-game OSTs from time to time. One moment, I'm into this, then I'm into that, and so on. To honestly say which one is my favorite would most likely be due to my current ideas.

However, I believe that the game OST that I have listened to for the longest duration of time would be that for Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3. My guess is because I remained locked with DBZ games only during that period, and I dared not switch to something else. As far I can tell, I enjoyed the J-pop combination of both rock and jazz so very much, or simply the pure rock style of some of the songs. Here are a few examples:

For my current favorite OST for a game, my pick would be Devil May Cry 4. Here's a list of other game OSTs that I became fond of at times:

Bayonetta
Devil May Cry 3
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Kingdom Hearts II
Persona 3
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Burnout 3: Takedown
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Game OSTs   Favourite Game OSTs EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 am

Since people are giving three examples I will as well.

Midna's Lament:

I've heard people say this was the worst Zelda game and I have no idea how this could be the worst game. It had a huge area to explore, great characters you actually cared for, a cool design to the game and music like this to draw you into the land of Hyrule.

Kotake and Koume:

As you can see Zelda is pretty much my favorite game series and their music is very good as well. Kotake and Koume are interesting characters in the Zelda universe and I think they have one of the catchiest themes in any Zelda game.

To Zanarkand:

A little back story here. What got me into playing video games was my brother. I remember watching him play for hours when I was a little kid and the very first time I saw him playing (And the very first time I saw a video game) this was the song playing. This song has stuck with me my whole life and holds some sort of sentimental value to me. It reminds me of the wonderful times a had with my brother and this song always brings me back to a time where I had no worries at all. Just me, my brother and video games. For this reason the song To Zanarkand is and always will be my favorite song from any game.

It was a tough call but I think I can say these would be my favorites. There were many others I could have added from series like Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and much more but these songs have beaten out all the others for me.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : --

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Game OSTs   Favourite Game OSTs EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_XLNE77Sqw
Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata - Scrap and Build Ourselves ~From Revolution~

How fitting for the final boss of a game based on Chopin to feature pieces of the Revolution Etude. If you are atleast slightly into music and/or RPGs and have never played this game, why not? Please, do play it. It fits with the final boss, which I won't spoil, but all I have to say is that it fits, it sounds awesome and the game was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmlXXPVxQ3Q
Touhou 9: Phantamogoria of Flower View - Wind God Girl

My favorite.
VGM.
ever.
No lie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Game OSTs   Favourite Game OSTs Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Game OSTs