World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 am

"I think we beat Flora and River here," said Blaze as he and Charmeleon walked into Pewter City. The sky had turned dark pink as the sun set, its glow retreating from Pewter City. "It's probably too late to challenge the Gym today, so we should probably do it in the morning," said Blaze with a yawn.

"Charmeleon," said his Charmeleon as it stopped and plopped on the ground, exhausted from all the walking.

"Tired already?" asked Blaze as he reached into his pocket and took out Charmeleon's Poké Ball. "Alright, I will see you in the morning. You deserve a rest."

Blaze returned Charmeleon to its Poké Ball and placed it back inside his pocket. With nothing else to do at this hour, Blaze decided to go to the Pokémon Center to rest.

"With Charmeleon's Dragon Rage, we should be able to defeat the Pewter City Gym Leader, no matter what he has." said Blaze to himself as he approached the Pokémon Center. The sliding doors opened as Blaze walked towards the opening. As Blaze walked inside, he stopped suddenly as his eyes drifted to the Lounge area. To his surprise, Voltage, Flora, and River sat on the couches, deep in conversation.

"Oh, Blaze! You're finally here!" said Flora as she waved her arm.

"What are you guys doing here?" asked Blaze as he approached the lounge area.

"Waiting for you, obviously," said Voltage as he petted his sleeping Pichu. "We've already defeated the Pewter City Gym Leader. I defeated him yesterday. River and Flora just beat him about two hours ago."

"WHAT? I'M THE LAST ONE TO CHALLENGE THE GYM LEADER?!" shouted Blaze.

"Hey, you! Quiet!" said the Nurse before going back to her work.

Voltage chuckled. "You're the last one here, Blaze," said Voltage as he twirled his empty Poké Ball on his finger.

"There are some things you should probably know about the Gym Challenge," said Flora as she stood up and walked towards Blaze. "First thing you should know is that each Gym Challenge is a three on three contest. We each beat him with our one, and only, Pokémon. We all had advantages. Another thing you must know about the Gym Leader, Rocky, is that he uses-"

"Hey now, don't spoil the surprise," said River with a sly grin. "Let him figure it out. He'll lose to them anyway."

"Well, let's just say that he uses really rare Rock type Pokémon. The good thing is, they are fairly young Pokémon and aren't that experienced." said Flora as she played with her ponytail, wrapping it with her finger.

"Now that you've prepped him on the Gym Leader, let's tell him about the bet." said Voltage as he leaned into the backrest.

"Bet? What bet?" asked Blaze.

"After River defeated Rocky, we made a little bet," said as he grinned. "The bet is that we can only catch three Pokémon for League, and train them."

"Only three? Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" asked Voltage as he crossed his arms. "It's because the less Pokémon a trainer uses, the stronger they are. Trainers who train six Pokémon solid are stronger than those who catch multiple Pokémon, say twenty or more. If we use only three Pokémon, then they'd even be stronger than normal."

"Makes sense...Sure, I'm in on this bet." said Blaze with a smirk. "I'll catch the best Fire type Pokémon and beat you all!"

"Pssh, good luck trying to beat me and my Water Pokémon." said River with a grin.

"So, looks like we're all mono training, huh?" said Voltage. "The Kanto League Championships will take place in one year. With us only training three Pokémon, there's a good chance that four of us will make it to the semi-finals," Voltage looked over at Flora and Blaze. "My bet is that one of you two won't make it."

"You think you're better than us?" said Blaze as he raised his fist. "Why don't you fight me right now and prove it?"

Voltage chuckled. "There's no need. You won't get past Rocky anyway," shot Voltage.

Blaze growled as he clenched his fists as Flora placed her hands on his.

"There's no need to fight," said Flora with a small smile. "Don't fight with your fists. Fight with courage. Prove him wrong with the bond with your Pokémon."

Blaze's cheeks filled red as her hands held his. "...I...Yeah..."

"Blaze and Flora, sitting in a tree~" sang River in a mocking tone. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G~"

"Shut your mouth!" said Flora, her face red.

"Quiet! If you keep yelling, I'll kick you out." threatened the Nurse.

"Oops....s-s-sorry...." said Flora as she hung her head in shame.

River and Voltage snickered together before Voltage stood up. "Well, I'm going to bed. I'm off to Cerulean City tomorrow for the Cascade Badge."

"You're not going to watch Blaze fight Rocky?" asked River in surprise.

Voltage shook his head. "No, I don't want to waste my time watching Blaze lose," said Voltage as he placed his hands in his vest pocket. "I only stayed in Pewter City to rest. Now that's done, I can continue." Voltage walked to the guest bedrooms, closing the door behind him.

"Don't worry Blaze," said Flora, "River and I will watch your match."

"Yeah, because Flora insists on it," muttered River.

"Hehehe..." Flora played with her ponytail before turning and walking to the couch. She grabbed River's hand and pulled her off the couch. "Time for bed, River!"

"But I'm not tired!" said River as she was dragged off the couch and to the female guest rooms.

Blaze sighed as he walked over to the couches and plopped down. Blaze leaned into the soft cushions. "A three on three challenge...how am I going to defeat Rocky with only one Pokémon? Maybe I should have caught that Mankey..." Blaze stared at the ceiling. "No, maybe I don't need a Mankey...Flora said Rocky's Pokémon are young, so maybe I can beat them with experience."

Blaze reached into his pocket and withdrew Charmeleon's Poké Ball. He clenched the Poké Ball, staring at it with determination. "I'll defeat Rocky. I swear on it."

Blaze stood in front of the Pewter City Gym with Charmeleon by his side. Clenching his fists, Blaze turned his head toward Charmeleon. "Well buddy, this is it. This is our first challenge. If we can't defeat Rocky, then we can't proceed. We won't surpass the others. We won't get a chance to participate in the Kanto League," Blaze looked back at the Gym door with determination. "We need this win, Charmeleon. We need to beat Rocky!"

"Charmeleon!" said Charmeleon as it shot several Ember fire balls into the air.

Nodding in agreement, Blaze pointed at the Gym. "Alright! Get ready Rocky, you're about to lose!"

"Just get in there, already." said River as rubbed her forehead.

Sweat rolled down Blaze's cheeks. "Yeah, yeah, I'm getting there," sighed Blaze as he walked to the door and pushed it open. The heavy door creaked loudly as Blaze pushed the stone door. As Blaze walked inside, he noticed the inside of the gym resembled a dark cave. In the center of the Gym was a flat field with several pools of water.

"Wow, this place feels like a cave." said Blaze as he walked to the end of the battlefield.

"You're observant," said the voice on the other end of the gym. With the snap of his fingers, the lights turned on, revealing the Gym in greater detail.

A young trainer stood at the opposite end of the Gym. He was tall with long dark brown hair. He wore a black t-shirt and dark green pants. With his arms crossed, Gym Leader Rocky walked closer to the battlefield. "My name is Rocky. I'm the Gym Leader of Pewter City. Is this your first Gym battle?"

"Yes," said Blaze as he stood at the opposite end.

"Then I will explain the rules," said Rocky as he held up five fingers. "Rule number one: This is a three on three single battle challenge. You choose the three Pokémon you wish to use before the battle starts. If you don't have three Pokémon, it is recommended that you go and catch more, but it's an option. Rule number two: You are not allowed to switch Pokémon during the battle. Rule number three: You are not allowed to use healing items during the battle. Rule number four: If all of your Pokémon are unable to battle, then you lose. Rule number five: Have fun and battle hard!"

"Agreed!" said Blaze as Charmeleon stepped forward and walked onto the battlefield.

Rocky snickered. "You're starting with a Fire type? What are your other two Pokémon you choose?"

"This is my only Pokémon, and the only one I'll be using." said Blaze confidently.

"Wait a second," said Rocky as he pulled out a Poké Ball. "You're that other trainer that got a Pokémon from Blue in Viridian City?"

"That's correct. I'm Blaze, from Cinnabar Island. My Grandpa is Blaine, the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader."

Rocky nodded. "I fought your friends the past two days. They all defeated me only using one Pokémon. I will not lose for a fourth time!" yelled Rocky as he tossed a Poké Ball into the air, it snapping open and a Pokémon materializing. A small Omanyte materialized in front of Rocky, its testicles wiggling in the air.

Blaze stared at the Omanyte. "An...Omanyte?" Blaze paused for a moment before realizing the problem. "Oh crap! Omanyte is quad resistant to Fire type attacks!"

"Yup. Now, Omanyte, use Water Gun!" shouted Rocky.

Omanyte leaned back and shot a jet of water at Charmeleon. Charmeleon dodged the attack, rolling out of the way.

"Charmeleon, use Smokescreen!"

Charmeleon inhaled deeply before exhaling a dark smoke, filling the Gym with blinding smoke.

"What the hell!" shouted Rocky. "Omanyte, use Water Gun!"

The Omanyte shot several jets of water in the air, however all attempts of contact missed horribly. Omanyte frantically looked for the Charmeleon, but little did it know, Charmeleon was standing right behind it.

"Charmeleon, use Dragon Rage!"

As Omanyte turned around, it got a face full of Dragon Rage. The Omanyte rolled across the battlefield and hitting Rocky in the shins, passed out from the vicious attack.

"Omanyte...Oma...nyte...."

"Yes!" celebrated Blaze. "Great job, Charmeleon!"

"Meleon, Char!" said the Charmeleon as the smoke cleared.

Rocky growled as he returned Omanyte to its Poké Ball. "You got lucky, Blaze!" shouted Rocky as he pulled out his second Poké Ball. "You might have beaten my Omanyte, but you won't beat my second Pokémon! Go, Kabuto!" Rocky tossed his second Poké Ball, it popping open and a Kabuto materializing in front of him.

"Another fossil Pokémon?" asked Blaze as Charmeleon scratched its head.

"That's right," said Rocky as the Kabuto crawled closer toward Charmeleon. "Kabuto, use Scratch!"

The Kabuto rushed over to Charmeleon; jumping into the air and extended its small, yellow claws to scratch Charmeleon. However, Charmeleon dodged the attack by jumping backward, the Kabuto slamming into the ground.

Charmeleon reared its head back as it inhaled deeply. With a deep exhale, blue flames erupted at the Kabuto. Engulfed by the flames, the Kabuto screamed in pain until it passed out.

Rocky, his anger reaching his boiling point, withdrew his Kabuto. "Don't think you've won yet!"

"I just one shot both of your Pokémon!" yelled Blaze as Charmeleon flexed its muscles. "You have no fossil Pokémon left! Just try to stop my Charmeleon now!"

Rocky closed his eyes and chuckled. "You really are a hot headed idiot, aren't you? You think I would use my strongest Pokémon first?"

"Uh..." Sweat rolled down Blaze's cheek. "What Rock type Pokémon do you have that's stronger than Kabuto and Omanyte?"

"Here, I'll show you!" yelled Rocky as he pulled out his third Poké ball. "Go! AERODACTYL!"

Rocky tossed his final Poké Ball into the air, it snapping open and a mighty Aerodactyl materialized in the center of the battlefield. It extended its wings and gave a mighty roar. The surrounding air felt heavy, an immense pressure filling the Gym.

Blaze and Charmeleon stood frozen in place from fear. "W-W-What? An Aerodactyl?" stuttered Blaze as the Aerodactyl eyed Blaze and Charmeleon. "How did the others defeat this monster!"

"Now, Aerodactyl! Use Bite and end this battle!" ordered Rocky.

Aerodactyl looked over to Rocky and snarled. It stretched its wings and curled into a ball on the ground, closing its eyes and took a nap.

Silence filled the gym as Rocky, Blaze, and Charmeleon stared at the Aerodactyl as it snoozed.

"No, Aerodactyl! Wake up, dammit!" shouted Rocky.

Aerodactyl opened its eye and glared at Rocky. It stood up and roared, attempting the Bite attack on Rocky.

"No, Aerodactyl! Stop!" yelled Rocky as he raised his hands to defend himself.

Charmeleon shot blue flames at the Aerodactyl, hitting it square in the back. Aerodactyl ceased the attack on Rocky and growled. It stretched its mighty wings and dived at Charmeleon and Blaze.

Before it could complete it's deadly assault on Charmeleon and Blaze, Rocky pulled out his Poké Ball and returned the savage Aerodactyl.

"Dude, what the hell? Haven't you fully trained that Aerodactyl yet?" stammered Blaze as Rocky sighed and approached him and Charmeleon.

"Just like the other battles, I haven't gotten full control over my Aerodactyl just yet," said Rocky sheepishly. Rocky reached into his pocket and took out a shiny Boulder Badge. "Here, you defeated me fairly. You've earned this Boulder Badge."

Blaze took the shiny Boulder Badge and raised it up. "Yes! I've won the Boulder Badge! See, I told you- Where did they go?" asked Blaze as he turned to find Flora and River nowhere in sight.

"Where did who go?" asked Rocky.

"River and Flora, they said they'd watch my- THEY LEFT WITHOUT WATCHING ME BATTLE?!" shouted Blaze as he bolted out of the Gym, his Charmeleon running after Blaze.
Blaze held the Boulder Badge high as he examined his first ever Gym Battle victory, a large grin on his face as he walked down the sidewalk to the Pokémon Center. "I can't believe I won my first badge," said Blaze as he reached into his pocket and put the badge in a shiny red Badge case. I bet this will wipe that smug look from Voltage’s face."

As Blaze walked into the Pokémon Center, the nurse looked up and waved at him. "Hey, are you Blaze from Cinnabar Island?"

Surprised, he walked over to the reception counter. "Yeah, I am. What's up?"

"Your grandpa called," said the Nurse as she pulled out the drawer and took out a Poké ball. "He said when you won your first Gym Badge, I am to give you this Pokémon," said with a smile.

"What? A Pokémon for me?" said Blaze in excitement. "I wonder what it could be! Maybe it's a Cyndaquil, Rapidash, or a Magmar!"

"I'm not sure what Pokémon it is, but you have to present the Boulder Badge before you can have it," said the Nurse as she held her hand out. "Now present me the Boulder Badge, please."

"You got it!" said Blaze as he took out his Badge case and opened it, revealing to her the shiny Boulder Badge he won from Rocky.

"Yup, that's the Boulder Badge," said the Nurse as she handed Blaze the Poké ball. "Here you go!"

Blaze took the Poké ball and looked at it, his face full of excitement. "I gotta see what it is!" he said as he tossed the Poké ball into the air, the ball snapping open. A bright light materialized on the Pokémon Center floor.

As the light faded, a Growlithe sat happily awaiting its trainer. "Growlithe!" it said as it ran circles around Blaze as he knelled down and picked it up.
"Wow, a Growlithe! Grandpa Blaine's Arcanine must've had puppies! No wonder why Grandpa kept Arcanine out of her ball!" said Blaze before the Growlithe licked his face.

"Congrats on your victory against the Gym," said the Nurse.

"Thanks!" replied Blaze as he turned and left the Pokémon Center. Excited, Blaze happily walked down the sidewalk until Growlithe jumped from Blaze's arms and growled at him. "Huh? What's got into you?" asked Blaze as the Growlithe continued to growl at him. "Do you want to battle?"

The Growlithe nodded.

"Alright!" said Blaze as he reached into his pocket and took out Charmeleon's Poké ball. He tossed it into the air, "Come on out!" said Blaze as Charmeleon materialized.

The Charmeleon, fresh from its victory against Rocky, stretched its arms and shot an Ember blast into the air and readjusted its Wise Glasses.

Blaze pointed at the Growlithe as he gave the command. "Charmeleon, use Ember!"

Charmeleon shot several small fireballs at the Growlithe; however as the fireballs made contact, Growlithe absorbed the attack, its body glowing slightly. The Growlithe barked and charged Charmeleon, static electricity bouncing around its body as it slammed into Charmeleon.

"That was Wild Charge!" said Blaze as Charmeleon stood back up, rubbing it's chest as Growlithe stumbled slightly from the recoil. "That Ember attack did nothing to Growlithe...It must have Flash Fire ability." Blaze smirked as he gave Charmeleon one more command. "Use Dragon Rage!"

Charmeleon blasted blue flames at the Growlithe. Unable to absorb the flames, Growlithe took the whole damage. As the flames disburse, Growlithe lied on the ground, passed out from the attack.

Blaze reached into his pocket and took out Growlithe's Poké ball. He tossed the Poké ball at Growlithe, which absorbed it and fell onto the ground. With a couple shakes, the Poké ball ceased moving.

"Yes!" Blaze picked up the Poké ball. "I caught a Growlithe!" he said as he tossed it in the air and Growlithe materialized. Blaze sat down his duffel bag and took out a potion to heal Growlithe.

As the Potion did it's work, Blaze took out his Pokédex and scanned Growlithe. "Let's see...Lv. 15, that's pretty good. Looks like Grandpa Blaine trained it a little for me. Explains the Wild Charge...In addition to the Wild Charge, it knows Bite, Ember, and Close Combat. Not bad!" said Blaze as he put away his Pokédex.

Growlithe woke up and got back to its feet, shaking it's body and jumping on Blaze to lick his face.

"Ah! Growlithe, stop!" laughed Blaze as Growlithe knocked him onto the ground. As Growlithe stopped, Blaze saw something large flying across the sky. "What the hell?" said Blaze as he sat up, Growlithe, Charmeleon, and Blaze watched the orange and red Pokémon fly to Mt. Moon and disappear in the horizon.

"Is that...Moltres!" exclaimed Blaze as he stood up. "A Moltres would make me unstoppable! Norman, Voltage, and River wouldn't hold a candle to Moltres! I gotta find it!" said Blaze as he ran toward Mt. Moon, Growlithe and Charmeleon running behind their trainer.

As Blaze ran away, a tall man walked out of an ally. He wore a black trench coat, fedora, pants and shirt. He also wore tinted glasses, white gloves, and steel toed boots. His long, jet black hair brushed against the center of his back. The man grinned as he turned his head toward Mt. Moon.

"You can fly where ever you want, Moltres, but you cannot escape my collection for long," he said icily. "I will have you for myself." He strode down the sidewalk confidently as he followed the unaware Blaze toward Mt. Moon.

Last edited by J.J. Knight on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 am

Ho Ho Ho dat new Chappy Monday~

Lovely, but I'd say you're pushing the shipping a bit too much/soon.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm

It's only hinting. They don't actually get together until the Hoenn region (for anyone).
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I really liked this chapter, Flora is just so cute! ^o^
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:30 am

Blaze is a noob.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:25 am

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II   Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Generation X: The Kanto League: Vol. I Ch. II
Page 1 of 1