World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Against Rjuto

Go down 
+11
Alibaba
Bakura Normal
Behemoth
Kimo Force
FoxboyAlex
Joker
DigiDigi
J.J. Knight
rjuto
PsychoticJester
Nour Force
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Rjuto be demoted?
Yes
Against Rjuto - Page 2 I_vote_lcap79%Against Rjuto - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 19 ]
No
Against Rjuto - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Against Rjuto - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Against Rjuto - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Against Rjuto   Against Rjuto - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

GIVEN PERMISSION BY DIGI-SENPAI

Down with Rjuto! This is a vote against Rjuto's many much lazy acts! If we get enough people who want him to be demoted, Digi-senpai's gonna make it happen. Not gonna say any more, simple as that. No speech, no nothing.

Yes I PMed most of you but now I haz permission >.<
Down with Rjuto! Let him be an admin no more! :3

PS. I forgot what I was going to write here.

Last edited by Nour Force on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/

AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Against Rjuto   Against Rjuto - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 am

You guys are the most boring bunch. And this is not a joke intro, this is a real one. Because, let's all be honest here, the reason the whole "rjuto demotion" subject was opened was rank images. And not all rank images, 1 person's rank image specifically. Let's look at this again, the reason you have decided to offend someone (lazy came up more than once) and act aggressively towards him (nour's 3rd option), while asking that he is removed from his position, is the temporary alteration of an image below your avi on a forum. You may mention that your reason was "power abuse" being mentioned, but honestly you were bandwagoning. You should know that such decisions are not carried out by 1 person alone, for every staff decision the entire staff is responsible and it happens with the staff's collective permission, so it could not be power abuse as it was a decision for which the decision making body of wda is responsible and has permitted. It is only dubbed as such and you have used it as an excuse to use nice words and play the righteous guy.

Power abuse seasons are not just a random thing, they are an interesting event, which has at least once been requested from rjuto to do in a time we needed to spark things. Digi later adopted the same idea and applied it to the entirety of wda. What was difference there? 1. it was not named power abuse, 2. you don't bitch at digi
We have discussed this again so I won't go into this extensively, I'll just say that you don't see me or fish doing as staff more than rjuto. You only see us more active as members. It's true that me and fish are on the forum more, while rjuto has less time, but I assure you, the time I spent here I don't do much, and I'll inform rjuto who may have not noticed it, that we don't do much more than him either.
What rjuto does here however, is interesting, and that is what is expected of him. He does what he is needed to do and thus fulfills his responsibilities. Without that, we'd have less fun, and honestly I'd hate that. I understand though that this doesn't benefit the social networking simulation some are looking for in wda, but that's just why you guys are boring people who can't take a joke.

I'll move on from this, faster than I should have, because I want to explain something else that is very basic, and that even rjuto himself has missed here. That is the current structure of WDA.

At the moment, the terms WDA Staff and Admins are interchangable (yes, section mods are not WDA Staff as they are not part of the staff section for one). That happened because a while ago, mina made all who had access in the staff section at the time admins to make it easier for us to use a faster and exclusive to staff communication system. Soon, the barrier between mods and admins was lost and all who were staff were admins. Later though, with the system changes, we needed people to fill certain positions and so the Dorm Staff became Section Mods, which is what you guys call (falsely) mods. So let's break this down. We have
A. WDA Staff, which you guys call admins
B. Section Mods, which you guys call mods

This boring introduction's purpose is to state their roles.
The primary job of the WDA Staff is not to appear on chat, it is not to post on the forum, it is not altering ranks or awarding our own duels, it is not tinkering with the admin panel, it is not even to work on tournaments and events or anything like that.
The primary job of the WDA Staff is decision making. As it was stated before, the WDA Staff is one of the two, and the only active, decision making body of WDA.
Sorry, but what we are looking for in Staff is not diligence, not persistence, not obedience, not loyalty, not ambition, not even will to be staff, it is first and foremost judgment. If you knew him well enough you'd know, that this is what qualifies him, before anyone else, to be staff. In fact, I'll agree that rjuto doesn't have the amount of time to give that some other positions may require, and as his most valuable qualities in regards to WDA positions are his judgment and reason, the only suitable position for him is as WDA Staff. Anything else would be not only counter intuitive but also counterproductive.

That would be because what you call mods, them being Section Mods, are not part of WDA's decision making as staff, but only as much as an equal WDA member. The reason for that is not that we look down on them or that they are punished. The reason is that we already had a decision making body. What we needed was volunteers who would be willing to help us and do simple jobs, nothing more, nothing less. This was made clear from day one, and I hope it is still clear to this day.

As WDA members you may at any time suggest something to the staff. If you have an issue you may bring it up, and it will most likely be solved.
You also may hold an open discussion between the staff and the rest of the member body of WDA.
Of course, as WDA members you have the right to make decisions if they are made properly by the majority of the active WDA members, which decisions can even override those of the staff. Let's state that more clearly though.
Making a decision contradicting that of the staff directly is to dispute the judgment of the staff. This is a natural implication, you are openly stating the staff is wrong and demand change, thus the judgment of the staff is no longer to be trusted by the member body of WDA and the delegation of authority to them is broken.
A decision for a member to be a member of WDA Staff, is a decision of the staff that is constantly validated by the member's continued presence in the Staff (if we believed it should not be like that, that person would not be a staff member anymore, thus keeping the member among us is a validation of our previous judgment on our part). Therefore the only way for the WDA member body to make a direct decision on who should and who should not be part of the WDA Staff is by disputing the judgment of the Staff.

In simpler terms that means that we choose who we are working with. If you want us out you have the right to remove us all or remove our authority and replace us, but not the right to remove just 1 member. I could have sworn this is something we have talked about before actually. Of course you may make a strong suggestion to a favouring Administrator and they may go along with it, but I won't be that Staff member. This of course can either be a suggestion now with a preference poll, or you can dub it a decision of the WDA member body if you want to.

One last thing, again this has been stated many times, but there is no such thing as a vacant staff position. Just because a member leaves doesn't mean another comes in. I don't even remember how long we've been saying that.
Back to top Go down
cheymcfly
WDA Member
WDA Member
cheymcfly

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Cheyasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Against Rjuto   Against Rjuto - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 am

Seems he demoted himself before I even had a chance to vote for his demotion :(
I am just joking. I do not even know this guy. I really hope this topic was intended for a joke for I feel demotions should not be discussed publicly and should be done through the staff. Otherwise it seems...sloppy...no offense intended if it was serious..
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: Against Rjuto   Against Rjuto - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:27 pm

The staff is currently discussing the topic. The results of our discussion will be announced soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Rjuto   Against Rjuto - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Against Rjuto
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2