World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no Empty
PostSubject: You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no   You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:32 am

Sometimes, you have to be careful to stop things before they begin, and that's why I am here in the Deck Dome today.

This whole thing started with vanguard I think, those are the decks that started this fad, where you put a deck out there and instead of describing what the deck actually is, even remotely, you make up a chant or lyrics or whatever to "trick" people into the topic with curiosity. I want to raise awareness for this issue before it gets out of hand in the ygo section and it starts looking like a fanfic or "make a song" section. It would be nice if it worked for vanguard, but I don't know the customs of that tribe and I don't wanna sound xenophobic or racist, so I'll keep it within ygo.

When you post a deck topic you do it either because you want to show your deck or because you want help with your deck. In either case, the people you want there are people who are interested in ygo decks and can actually help you with it (in case of fixing) or actually want to know about it (in case of showing). Have faith in those people, if your title shows what the topic is about, they will click it. On the other hand, the people coming there because they are looking for a fanfic or whatever will either skip through it, give very, very silly advice (in comparison to the people that come there because they know what they are getting into, although in WDA the boundaries are pretty blurry) or generally not particularly care. At the same time, the people that would care about a deck may not end up showing because they are not interested in a fanfic! (again though, WDA, blurry boundaries)

My point in all this is, please try to use your titles properly in the deck dome. I am not acting as staff or anything here, you are not obliged to or anything, and I'm not accusing you of anything (yet!), but it would help everyone involved if this didn't catch on. I'm just getting a massive sense of "meh" from that lately.
Back to top Go down
MasterAli
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 2

You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no Empty
PostSubject: Re: You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no   You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:49 am

I actually agree. even though im guilty of it. The deck I posted had a weird name. on the other hand, its kinda fun. so how about this: one put whatever fancy name and then just add the actual name of the deck in the topic title? as you said, im also not trying to act like a staff, just a suggestion if people are having problem with it. for me I don't really mind

Back to top Go down

You shall not know this deck name for it is too awesome and imaginative and blah blah bla- no, just no
Page 1 of 1