World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Beginning of the N: Chapter 29

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

The Beginning of the N: Chapter 29 Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning of the N: Chapter 29   The Beginning of the N: Chapter 29 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Character updates this chapter:
Spoiler:

N, who seemed to be about the age of 7 at the time, was sitting in his room, reading one of the many books that Concordia had left in there for him, with an emotionless expression on his face. Just then, Anthea and Concordia, who seemed to be about the ages of 8 and 9 at the time, both entered his room.

“Good morning, N, how are you today?” asked Anthea.

N, not responding, kept his gaze on the book, apparently not noticing his sisters.

“Are you alright, N? Do you need something?” asked Concordia.

N then looked up at them. “Connie...why don't I have friends?” he asked.

Concordia then sat down next to him, and looked into the book he was reading, noticing that she had gave him a book about friends, and sighed.

“Because...Father thinks it's best for you.” she said.

“Why does he think that? Isn't it normal for someone my age to have friends?” asked N.

“N, please stop asking so many questions. It's what father believes, and he knows what's best for us.” said Concordia, massaging her temples.

“I'm sure mother would disagree, if she were here.” said N, causing both of his sisters to flinch. “I want, no...I need a friend.” he said.

“N, how do you expect us to get you a friend?” asked Concordia, as she stood up.

“Don't worry, N, we'll see what we can do!” exclaimed Anthea, as she grabbed Concordia's hand, dragging her out of N's room.

“Hey! What are doing?” protested Concordia, as Anthea closed N's door behind them.

The next day, Ghetsis came into N's room, carrying a badly beat up Zorua in his arms, which looked very frightened. When N saw it, his eyes widened.

“So I've heard you need a friend.” said Ghetsis in a soft, cold voice, as he handed Zorua to N.

“What...what happened to it, father?” asked N, cradling Zorua in his arms.

“Yesterday I found this Zorua out in the wild, being cruelly abused by it's owner, so I...rescued it, and decided it would be the perfect friend for you.” explained Ghetsis.

N's eyes began to water, as he hugged Zorua tightly. “Why...why do humans do such awful things to Pokemon?” he asked, through many sobs.

Ghetsis sighed. “That's just the way the world is, N. Humans all around the world brutally abuse Pokemon, like this Zorua, and treat them as their slaves. I wish humans and Pokemon could live together in peace, but changing the way everyone thinks is simply impossible, so the only hope is to liberate all Pokemon.” he said, then walked out of  N's room.

When Ghetsis was gone, Zorua looked up at N, still looking slightly frightened.

“Something about you seems different than other humans...” whispered Zorua.

“It's alright, you're safe here.” replied N, still cradling Zorua.

Zorua blinked in surprise. “You...you can understand me? You're no ordinary human.” he said.

“Oh? Do other humans not listen to your voice?” asked N, thinking that it was natural to be able to speak to Pokemon.

Zorua then hopped out of N's arms, and began looking around the room. “This room, I was told you're not allowed out of it...don't you feel enslaved in here?” he asked.

N tilted his head, staring at Zorua, slightly confused. “Huh, enslaved...?” he asked.

“You're locked up in here, just like Pokemon are locked up in Pokeballs. I bet that's why you can understand me, because you're treated just the same as we Pokemon are.” said Zorua.

Zorua then suddenly hopped back into N's arms, and began crying.

“Hey, what's wrong?” N asked, hugging him tightly, then suddenly felt a connection between his heart and Zorua's. “I see...you're thinking about me.” he said, in a low voice.

N then thought about the other day, when he told Concordia that he needs a friend, then looked at Zorua. “Zorua...do you think that you and I could...could be friends?” he asked, crying.

N then woke up, still in his room, in the Pokemon Center. He looked around, and noticed that the sun had was now up, and that his sisters were nowhere in sight, but the Pokemon were still there, sleeping.

“Do I have friends? I have Anthea and Concordia, but they are family, so they can't be my friends. I have Team Plasma, but they look up to me as their King, not a friend, and I'm sure White doesn't think of me as a friend, after what happened yesterday. I don't even have a mother...” he thought to himself, holding his necklace tightly. “All I have is father, and my sisters...”

N then looked at his sleeping Pokemon, and smiled. “No, I'm wrong...mother may not be with me, but I still have her in my heart. I may not have human friends, but...but that's okay, humans hurt innocent Pokemon, and...Pokemon are my true friends. They are the only friends I need.” he thought.

The door then opened, and Anthea and Concordia both came back in.

“Good morning, N, we've had a change in plans.” said Anthea, sitting on his bed, and kissing his forehead.

“A change in plans...?” asked N, confused.

“The Pokemon Champion is hosting a tournament for people with at least four badges, who plan on being in the Pokemon League!” she exclaimed.

“I already signed the three of us up, since I'm pretty sure you'd agree with Anthea on us competing in it.” said Concordia.

“The Pokemon Champion? This is a great opportunity then; the Pokemon Champion is the biggest example of people who use Pokemon for their own personal benefit. We can't pass up an opportunity like this. What time does the tournament start?” he asked.

“Just two hours from now, so we need to wake up the Pokemon now, eat breakfast, then get going, it's best that we show up early.

So they then woke up their Pokemon, ate breakfast, then quickly left the Pokemon Center, on their way to the tournament.

“Where is this tournament being held, anyway?” asked N, as he followed his sisters.

“The Big Stadium, right over there.” said Anthea, pointing to a huge building.

“The Big Stadium is usually used for sports, but the Champion borrowed it, for this tournament.” explained Concordia.

“I'm guessing that White is going to be participating in this tournament...” said N.

“Is that a bad thing?” asked Anthea.

“No; in fact, it's a good thing, as Servine went with her, and I'd like to understand why.” replied N.

“Do you think she's going to be mad at you?” asked Concordia.

N thought for a few moments. “Maybe, although that isn't important. I'm hoping she started listening to the voices of her Pokemon.” he said, twirling his necklace.

When they arrived at the Big Stadium, and were about go inside, Angie, Brad, and Mei suddenly came running over to them, carrying N's crown, and a long, red cloak.

“My Lord, please wait!” they all said at once.

“What's going on...?” N asked.

“Master Ghetsis requested that you wear your crown and cloak to the tournament.” said Brad.

“Everybody now knows that you're our King, so Master Ghetsis decided that you should present yourself as a King.” explained Angie.

How did Father know that we were going to compete in this tournament?” thought N, as he took off his hat, so that he could wear his crown.

“My Lord, please l-let my help you with that.” said Mei.

Mei then took N's hat, and he sat on one knee, so that she could gently place his crown on his head, and put his cloak over his shoulders.

“Thank you, I'll be sure to win, in the name of Team Plasma.” N said, taking his hat back, and playfully putting it on Victini's head, backwards.

The three Grunts saluted N, as he and his sisters then entered the Big Stadium. Inside, they could see the competitors, most notably were White, Bianca, and Cheren. White was staring at the floor, with an expressionless, and Cheren, with a bruised face, was leaning against the wall, with his hands in his pocket, and an angry look on his face.

N was about to walk over to White, and try to talk to her, but the door then swung open, and in came a boy with light skin, brown hair and eyes, and wearing a sky-blue hoodie, black pants, red shoes, a red cap, with a Pokeball emblem in the center, and blue bag draped over his shoulder.

“Hey everybody! I'm gonna become the Champion of the Pokemon League! I'm gonna win the Pokemon League! Then I'm gonna defeat the Elite 4, and the Champion! Just wait and see!” he shouted, in a very loud voice, managing to catch everybody's attention.

“He's so loud!” cried Anthea, covering her ears.

“I wish he'd just shut up already.” said Concordia.

“Is the Pokemon League going to be full of people like him?” whispered N.

“That's right everybody! You're looking at the face of your future Pokemon Champion! So-” continued the obnoxious boy.

Before he could finish what he had to say, the door opened again, and in came Marie, who slapped him in the back of his head, causing him to bite his tongue, momentarily shutting him up. This caused everybody to laugh, other than N and his sisters, who were glaring at Marie.

You got to be kidding me! She's in the tournament too?” thought N.

Marie then walked over to N, smiling. “Hello N, it's been a while, hasn't it?” she asked.

“You! What are you doing here?!” asked N.

“What do you mean? This was a free country the last time I checked.” she said, smiling.

Before anyone could say anything else, Black grabbed Marie's arm, and spun her around, so that she was facing him.

“Hey! Just who do you think you are? You should be showing some respect for your future Champion!” he shouted.

“And who exactly are you?” asked Marie.

“Me? I'm Black! Now who do you t-” said Black.

Before he could continue talking, Marie slapped him on the back of his head, making him bite his tongue again, and momentarily shutting him up. She then turned back to N.

“What's with the funny get-up?” she asked, giggling.

“Funny? You call royalty 'funny'?” asked N, who looked annoyed.

“Apparently so.” replied Marie, still giggling. “Remember our special night together, N? That was so much fun.” she said.

Anthea had a look of disgust on her face, and Concordia looked as if she was ready to murder someone, right here, right now.

“N, what is she talking about?” she asked.

N stared at the floor, twirling his necklace, and saying nothing.

“Oh? You didn't tell them, N? Naughty boy. I guess I'll tell them for you. He snuck out one night, and got Victini. We spent the whole night together.” said Marie, with a big grin on her face.

“You shut your mouth!” shouted N.

Ignoring him, Marie continued. “First, we had a Pokemon battle, and he seemed to get really excited, so he tried to hug me. He was a little rough at first.” she said, still grinning.

Everybody's attention was now on N, his sisters, and Marie.

“What the bloody hell...?” said Cheren.

“Does that mean she's N's girlfriend?” asked Bianca.

“I guess his whole 'pure, innocent, sheltered child' act was a load of crap too.” spatted White.

Anthea and Concordia both had shocked, disgusted looks on their faces, and they were both blushing.

“N...is that true?” asked Anthea.

“Of course not! She's making that up!” shouted N, who was getting really annoyed now.

“If I'm making it up, why were you gone all night, just to get one Pokemon?” asked Marie.

Concordia then stepped in front of N. “I suggest you stay far away from my little brother from now on, or there WILL be trouble.” she said, in an intimidating voice.

Black, annoyed that the attention was no longer on him, stood on a table, which was in the middle of the room, and started back shouting.

“Like I was saying before! I'm going to be your new Pokemon Champion! So just watch me beat all of you in this little tournament!” he shouted.

While still looking up at Concordia, who towered over her, Marie kicked the table Black was standing on, knocking it down, causing him to fall on the floor, which caused more laughter.

“Ouch! Hey, you're lucky you're a girl, or else I'd pound you to dust right now!” he shouted, as he stood up, pointing at her.

“What kind of trouble?” asked Marie, looking up at Concordia, with an innocent look on her face.

“Let's just say I'll make sure you never walk again.” replied Concordia.

Grinning, Marie looked behind Concordia, at N. “So, N, have you got any plans tomorrow night? I'll be free the whole night.” she said.

Completely fed up, Concordia kicked Marie in the stomach, then grabbed her by her neck, and threw her against a wall. Marie landed on the wall with her feet, and used it to launch herself at Concordia, wrapping her legs around her neck, and used her momentum to launch her at Black, crashing them both into a wall.

“Uh...shouldn't we help her, N?” asked Anthea, who looked worried.

“No, we'll just make her even angrier.” replied N.

“Hey, don't involve me in your cat fight!” shouted Black.

Marie then jumped up, doing a front flip towards Concordia, but Concordia quickly got up, and caught her, then slammed her down on the floor, hard. Marie rolled backwards, kicking both of her legs at Concordia's face.

She then flipped forward onto her feet, and launched herself at Concordia, trying to knee her in the face, but at the same time, the door opened, and a man with fiery red hair, wearing a white poncho, white pants, black sandles, and a necklace made of Pokeballs came in, and blocked Marie's attack.

“Whoa! Save your energy for the tournament, kids!” he said, laughing.

“It's Champion Alder!” exclaimed Black.

N slowly walked over to Alder. “So, you're the stupid Champion who's praised due to an equally stupid Pokemon League?” asked N, putting emphasis on 'stupid'.

“Hey, who do you think you are, talking down to the Champion like that?!” shouted Black.

“Haha, calm down! Maybe he's right; maybe I am stupid.” said Alder, who then turned to face N. “But tell me, if you think the Pokemon League is stupid, just why are you here? Aren't you trying to make your way to the Pokemon League, just like everyone else here?” he asked.

“That's right, but I have a different objective, unlike these people, who just want a useless title.” replied N, looking around the room.

“Here's an idea; if you win the tournament, I'll battle you, and let you prove just how stupid I am.” said Alder.

“I guess you'll soon be realizing that you're the most stupid person in all of Unova.” said N, as he walked away.

“Well, now that that's out of the way, let's make sure everybody is here.” said Alder, pulling out a sheet of paper, that had all the participants names on it, and began calling everybody's name, as they raised their hands in response.

“Bianca!”  he called.

“Here!” she responded, raising her hand.

“Ted!”

“Here.”

“Elle!”

“Here.”

“Bill!”

“Here.”

“Olivia!”

“Here.”

“SigFried!”

“Here.”

“Fred!”

“Here.”

“George!”

“Here.”

“Cheren!”

“Here.”

“White!”

“Here.”

“Black!”

“Here.”

“Marie!”

“Present.”

“Anthea!”

“Here.”

“Concordia!”

“Here.”

“N!”

“Here.”

“Linda!”

But there was no response this time.

“Hmm, it seems that we're short of just one competitor. Ah, I suppose I'll just have to disqualify h-” he said.

Before he could finish, the door swung open, and in came a short girl, with long, straight, brown hair, light skin, and wearing a sleeveless, light blue shirt, with a picture of a fruity bug on it, and pink mini skirt. She had her hands on her knees, breathing heavily.

“Sorry for being late! I got distracted, and completely forgot about the tournament!” she exclaimed.

She then looked up, noticing that every eye in the room was staring at her, which caused her to blush in embarrassment.

“Well, I guess that's everybody! I hope you're already, cause we'll be starting right now! Just wait back here, until I call you and your opponent's name, then you both come out and battle. While someone else is battling, the rest of you can watch the battle on that there TV.” said Alder, pointing to a wide-screen TV, which was attached to the wall.

Alder then walked to the main stadium, while the competitors waited for their names to be called.

“Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the first ever Junior Battle Cup!”

They could hear Alder, taking through a microphone, and a large audience cheering.

“Our first battle will be N vs Cheren, which will take place right away!” shouted Alder.

N and Cheren stared each other in the eye. “Looks like today is my lucky day. I can't wait to give this sick bastard a piece of my mind.” said Cheren.

To be continued...

Notable tournament participants:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

The Beginning of the N: Chapter 29
Page 1 of 1