World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Otakus in Orange - Chapter III

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Otakus in Orange - Chapter III Empty
PostSubject: Otakus in Orange - Chapter III   Otakus in Orange - Chapter III EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:11 am

The bread managed to fill us up a little. Not completely, but a little. I still wasn't used to the harsh prison life, so feeling a little hungry was normal. This certainly wasn't the best bread I've had, but it was okay. The others seemed to not enjoy their portions of the meal unfortunately.

"There's no vinegar in here," stated Akio-san, as he turned a lifeless gaze towards Kichirou-san.

"So it's not just me, huh?" replied Yasu-san, "it doesn't have the usual hint of vinegar."

"I'm sure that she told me about putting in a hint of vinegar over the bread," answered Kichirou-san, "maybe the vinegar was expired or something?"

"Vinegar?" I asked, "why vinegar?"

Kichirou-san returned my question with my a slight smile, "well, vinegar is a necessity for my medical treatment in addition to other meds. I used to take vinegar alone, but I later asked them to add it to the bread since I needed to keep a vinegar bottle underneath my bed, which could be used as a weapon anytime. Of course, it was only a justified argument so I could be able to share the bread with the others. We used to dip our bread into the beans, which made it even better, but since we can't do that this time we'll just have to stick with bread."

"Well, this bread isn't so bad," I told Kichirou-san,  "vinegar or no vinegar."

"I'm glad you approve of it. People often have troubles adapting on their first day of prison."

Maybe for a noble person, but it was entirely different for me. My father has been in debt for ages, and my mother worked hours without end at nights to help him gather up enough money. It was a miracle that they managed to pay for my school fees, and yet, I...

"Oi, what are you crying for?"

I had noticed that I accidentally let a tear slip as Akio-san took notice right away.

"S-Sorry. I still haven't fully woken up." It was a poor excuse, but it was an excuse nonetheless.

"Yo, Kichirou!" shouted Yasu, "you better make sure there's vinegar next time. We've got those clowns on our tails now, so we're not likely going to enjoy breakfast much."

We ate in silence until we were all done. Afterwards, we walked and waited in line on the opposite side of the cafeteria building to soak our throats with water. There were several barrels, and a thousand prisoners lined up on each one. It wasn't until an hour later that we managed to get our own sips.

Next, we marched to the....mining area. Urgh!

We were tasked to mine the rocks which were around the perimeter. It seemed that they had planned on expanding the prison and decided to cut on costs by loading the work onto us. Some of those rocks were quite massive, and I doubt any group of ten would manage to finish even the smallest of them all within two months. While they were not high, they stretched wide around the area, and they did ask for the dirt to be completely clear with not even a single smudge of stone to be found.

Since I was new today, I stuck with driving the debris off of the mining sites in wheelbarrows. I suppose that was best for me as I would never be able to mine with my fragile body. Akio-san, Kichirou-san, and Yasu-san all worked on the same mountain. From what I could tell, Yasu-san contributed the most effort into breaking up those rocks. It didn't seem that Yasu-san was someone who would tire easily, but thinking back to how exhausted he was yesterday pulled a string of mental images of terrible possibilities.

We finished up after five hours, then headed back to the cafeteria for lunch. There was more food to go around, so there were fewer fights than usual. Besides, all the cafeteria were serving the same thing: rice with curry. Another hour later, we went back to the mining site to work on our afternoon shifts. When we got to our assigned post, we saw them.

"Hey, you dipshits!"

It was the little brat again, the one whom had stole our food, along with the rest of his petty punk gang. They were standing atop of where we were supposed to mine at.

"You!" I exclaimed, as I stood out to face them, "wh-what do you want?" Damnit! I really hate my self-in-confidence.

"Oh, we've got a badass over here, boys," he exclaimed, "haven't you heard of the great Isamu Eita?! Know your manners, kid!"

Before I could say anymore, Akio-san grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me backwards. "Oi, are you guys idiots? If you assholes came here for a fight, you've picked the wrong hour. Any prisoners fighting during labor hours will be confined to-

"I didn't come here to pick a fight, Yoshito!" That brat let a rude pun like that slip. "We're here to check up on you guys, oh, and at least introduce ourselves to the shemale."

"H-Hey!"

Isamu burst out laughing. "Just as I thought; you're nothing but a pansy. Heck, you're all just a bunch of pussies waiting to be eaten up! Here, standing on this rock, is what real men look like," he said as he gestured to the rest of his gang.

"I give you Masaru Ryo, our gaming otaku," he gestured to the square-faced man, "and the Takumi twins: Sho and Arata, our manga and anime respectively," he gestured to the twins.

Otakus?

"And you're Mondo Danako, right?" he spat, "you were the dope who thought it was a good idea to sneak in as a girl for a full semester at school. And how did that turn out for you, you little pervert?"

"Sh-Shut up!" I was extremely upset. I could feel more tears welling up in my eyes. I felt like I was about to burst wi-

"Enough!" This was completely unexpected. The one who had tried to stand up to me was none other than Kichirou-san. "You're all in prison too with much worse crimes, and yet, you have the nerve to-on what basis should one decide to act against or disregard a balant insult?"

"K-Kichirou-san?" I asked as I turned to face him. He gazed absent-minded into nothingness. His eyes were unfocused and his jaw was slightly hanging.

"Idiot!" shouted Akio-san, "of all times, and you had to zone out now!"

"I concur!" next was Yasu-san. "I demand you take back what you just called Danako!"

"Yasu-san..."

"You know that I am the only person who should be first considered for that title!"

Oh.

"Also," he added, "aren't you guys feeling a little weird lately?"

A wide smirk flashed across Isamu's face. "Us? Feel weird? Why should we feel weird? Shouldn't I be asking that question to you instead?"

"What does that me-aaarrghh!"

Yasu-san had clamped at his stomach as he crouched down. He seemed to writhe in pain, until...he let loose some gas?

Wait, what?

"Haha! You thought you sipped laxative into our lunches? Well, guess what: we found out about your little scheme from your roommates across the other cell, so we switched the vinegar bottles for laxative!"

"Wh-what?"

"Isamu, you son of a...aargh!" and Akio-san followed. Kichirou-san, on the other hand, just stood there. He let out a huge fart before saying "why is it that such scents could drive us to the brink of nausea? Is it our limit as humans?"

"Kichirou-san! This is no time to be philosophizing right n-" and it came for me. I could feel my stomach convulse in agony as it pleaded for mercy; the mercy of unleashing the demon within. "Gaah!" I instantly grasped my stomach and closed my eyes. I tried everything I could to hold it all in, and my eyes watered."

"Hah!" roared Isamu, "and you thought you had us for suckers? Well, looks like you shitheads were wr-guuh!"

Eh?

For some reason, even Isamu crouched in pain as well. "I-Isamu!" shouted Masaru.

"Sh-Sho," called Isamu, "which v-vinegar bottles did you switch?"

"All of them," said Sho, much to Isamu's surprise, "I was afraid they would use the wrong bottle on Naoki's bread, so I made sure by switching all the.....oh....oh dear."

And without an instant to waste, the three of them had followed suit.

"L-Looks like we found out if whether th-they do add v-v-vinegar or not to the b-beans," muttered Yasu-san.

"I-I guess they're all i-i-idiots in the end after all," commented Akio-san.

"Wait a minute," I interrupted, "if th-they changed all the b-b-bottles, then..."

And the entire grounds erupted into an orchestra of shouts and farts.

"M-My stomach!"

"I need the bathroom!"

"My asshole's on fire!"

"There's something inside me!"

Before anyone could say anything else, Akio-san got to his feet and pulled up Yasu-san. "Quick! We have no time to lose! Use the log!"

The log?

I didn't know what they were referring to until they both held up a clueless Kichirou-san in the same manner they would for a boarding log. Both Yasu-san and Akio-san had Kichirou-san's back towards them, but when he farted in their general direction, they flipped him over.

"W-wait! What are you?"

"N-Naoki has a hard sk-skull," Akio-san contorted, "we can u-use it through mobs whenever we n-need to."

Mobs?

Before I could ask, hordes of prisoners came dashing towards the gate nearby. It seemed like they were all trying to make a run for it to unleash the monsters within them.

"Oh crap!" I swore, "we're going to get-"

Before I could say anymore, Yasu grabbed my arm. "Not if you keep up with us!"

Then the four of us charged through the angry mobs. We were all crying at the tip of our lungs while Kichirou-san was reciting a piece from Hamlet. I...I didn't believe it: we were plowing through the prisoners like an arrow whizzing through the air. No matter what prisoner size lay ahead of us, Kichirou's head would knock them out of the way. It was...it was like something out of a manga!

After we made our way past the crowd, Yasu-san asked "What are we doing this for?"

"They won't let us out! We're going to take a dump on the rocks before the others realize!"

Then, all four of us ducked behind a large rock, held our backs to one another, pulled down-well, you don't need to know the rest.

"Hey!" I heard one of the guards yell, "quit your bitching and get back to your-arrrgh crap!"

-------------------

Mondo Danako: danna45
Yoshio Akio: Al-Bhed
Naoki Kichirou: Kimo Force (Me)
Hachiro Yasu (Alibaba): Alibaba
Isama Eita - EW_Zero
Masaru Ryo - Leokane
Takumi Arata - Centrik
Takumi Sho - EarlS
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Otakus in Orange - Chapter III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Otakus in Orange - Chapter III   Otakus in Orange - Chapter III EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Is it just me, or do you tend to repeat the "lifeless" gaze in every chapter?

Chapter 1 wrote:
Akio stared at me with his bored almost-lifeless eyes.
Chapter 2 wrote:
He was only standing a few feet away from where I slept, with his hands set against his hips and his lifeless gaze pouring down on me.
Chapter 3 wrote:
"There's no vinegar in here," stated Akio-san, as he turned a lifeless gaze towards Kichirou-san.

Oh, and I didn't read this chapter yet.

[e] What did I just read?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/

Otakus in Orange - Chapter III
Page 1 of 1