World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

July 1st OCG Banlist

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

July 1st OCG Banlist Empty
PostSubject: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Forbidden
-NA-

Limited
Artifact Moralltach
Armageddon Knight
Dragon Ravine
Dragon Shrine
Needlebug Nest

Semi-Limited
Evilswarm Ophion
Elemental HERO Bubbleman
Chronomaly Nebra Disk
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
Wind-Up Shark
T.G. Striker
Mezuki
Abyss-Sphere

No longer limited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Plaugespreader Zombie
Cyber Stein
Rescue Rabbit
Fire Formation – Tenki
Royal Tribute
Black Whirlwind
Sacred Sword of the Seven Stars

I haven't seen a banlist with so many changes do so little in a while. Let's go through with what got hit. Dragons got hit, though I wouldn't mind playing 3 terraforming for 1 ravine too badly really, so that's all subjective. Dragon shrine is decent in BEWD variants but not absolutely necessary, we did get things like Kuribandit and Mathematician (stone and eclipse) after all. Considering dragons are limited, Sacred Swords unlimited doesn't make a huge difference. So, are they dead? Meh, I can see them still working in OCG land. As much as they did before at least, the OCG waters are still filled with sharks for them.

Next, let's talk artifact. Moralltach is the one decent artifact in the game, it is basically what keeps the engine alive and splashable. So it being limited could mean the artifact engine is lost. Yeah, sure, Ignition is a +1, but a +1 tutor, and the value of that depends on what you can get with it. But is it an absolute disaster for them?
Not really. That is because Artifacts have this card called Artifact Failnaught that can help them in situations like this. Sure, the Fail in its name was pretty indicative of just how useful it has been, but things change. For those of you who don't know, Artifact Failnaught does whatever an Artifact does, that is, can be set in backrow and if destroyed during opp's turn it can be ss'd, with the personal effect that when ss'd that way, it can set an Artifact from the graveyard. You can see why it is meh, you need 2 plays to do what 1 play should have done. But here's what makes it ok in this scenario. While Moralltach is limited, it is still searchable with 6 cards, those being Ignition and Sanctum. The problem with those 6 cards is that when you use them to search just 1 card, you have 5 dead cards in your deck afterwards, which is hardly advantageous. When you add Failnaught into the mix, this is what happens. You use up your Moralltach, one way or another it dies. But now, your other artifact searchers aren't dead, you can use them to get Failnaught, which in turn will re-use the one good card you have, Moralltach, making the deck live again. Sorta. You can't ninja Sanctum anymore that much, and you die to one banish. But hey, still alive. You could have a Scythe too, since the Moralltach that did everything better is now limited.
So, I guess Failnaught now becomes Fail-Not! HAHAHAHA, haha, hahaha~
Ok, that sucked. Moving right along.

Let's move on to everyone's clearly favourite deck this format, Shadolls! Oh, they were killed, they were murdered, Shadolls will never come back from this!
First of, they limited Needlebug Nest! That nasty -1 that was played in nearly every shadoll out there! Except the good ones, but dammit the bad ones played it a lot! I think it was about time we had that broken random -1 milling limited. It did nothing good for the game. In fact, it did nothing for even the deck it was in. Nasty.
Now, let's be a bit fair, the banlist was probably brought together at a time when people still used the card. Which was before they realized that "we have the Dragons of Legend imports now, so uncontrolled -1 milling can go suck a ****."
The other hit they got was Armageddon Knight, the other card that is falling out of style for shadoll already, because, again, there are so few ways to mill lately, that every little hit counts. What even is a Mathematician?
So...
SHADOLL IS DEAD! WOOHOO! This was totally effective!
Not that I'll complain, the more mayhem the better, it's more fun that way, besides, Dark Law is coming out, I want to see that OCG metagame confusion with it.

Moving a bit lower, things are looking nice for OCG Heroes, not only are they getting cool new support, but their limited Bubbleman now goes semi'd. The oldest trolls are back, so more heroes for everyone.

Nebra Disk is semi'd. While I like my disk, and it hasn't seen much use lately, I can understand it, it is too good card after all, which can basically work anywhere with just 1 other card. Not much else to say.

Things are looking good for wind-ups in the OCG after the ban of Hunter which brought Zenmaity back to 1. Now Shark also comes out of the limited crew and goes back to 2. I'd say it's a good time for Wind-Ups in the OCG, though how you deal with that metagame with just wind-ups I cannot tell.

Shi En and Ophion are going to 2 from 1 there, because again, the metagame is advancing and extra deck limitations can only do so much vs stun anyways. At the same time, the lease is loosened up a bit on mermails too, with Abyssphere going from 1 to 2 as well.

Mezuki from 1 to 2, PSZ to 3, again because the metagame is advancing so they can only do so much. Chaos Sorc to 3 doesn't make much of a difference either.
Rescue Rabbit and Tenki to 3 as well, trying to boost stun a bit in such times. Fully functional Rabbit could mean something, but then again it could be nothing, as they are crushed under the pressure of faster decks.
Cyberstein goes from 1 to 3. Now, I know the joke for this, yeah, 3 Cybersteins, now OCG allows you to pay 15000 LP instead of just 5k for more broken. But it does also mean that a Cyberstein strategy is now more consistent. Yes, you can get hit by a lot of things, but you can also OTK. Does this mean much? At a time when things like Soul Charge is out, I don't think Cyberstein stands as that big a powerhouse, but who knows, the gimmicks can appear.
Black Whirlwind goes to 3, people still won't play blackwings.
And finally Royal Tribute back to 3. I know that it's a death sentence vs shadoll, but still, it's so annoying. GKs are some of the things I enjoy seeing hit. Damn trolls...

That's all folks for the changes in OCG! Remember that they already have Dragons of Legend, and there were no hits on them, this could mean that they have to wait on TCG for that for some reason, but it also could mean they don't find it major enough, which would make sense as well, you don't randomly release cards only to instaban them, there is a card text for that. And yeah, most of you won't care about what happened in OCG, but it is a good indication of how the metagame is going. In all honesty, we didn't see much change with this banlist, but perhaps that's not terrible, cards should change metagames, not bans. It's all cool, game is nice.

See ya on the TCG ver you few ygo care'ers you
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 am

... i don't even see why they felt they needed to limit moralltach. like, hitting the only good artifact is like... just why? they basically hit chronofacts twice. nebra disk should have stayed at 3, and moralltach shouldn't have been hit. they wont even be doing anything in OCG anymore, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:04 pm

I wanted Nebra to get dropped to "Limited" as it makes Chronomally mindless sitting game of sitting with Nebra and few Backrow/Artifact cards with an OTK in your hand ready to go off any time.Its retarded...sucks they didn't kill it...
Back to top Go down
Nyantasim
WDA Member
WDA Member
Nyantasim

Waifu : Rip Van Winkle*

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:08 am

The hit on mora and on abyss sphere make me sad cause I myself like mermails and artifacts...plus I splash mora in to most my decks...
Back to top Go down
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 am

Abyss-Sphere was limited in OCG mate.
To be honest deck can play without Sphere/Teus as they aren't the glue that binds all the cards together.Spike and his Atlantean Crew is what glues the deck and makes it good.Without them Mermails are nothing!
MERMAILS can't do anything anymore,they ain't good enough~
Back to top Go down
Nyantasim
WDA Member
WDA Member
Nyantasim

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:19 am

Sukkito wrote:
Abyss-Sphere was limited in OCG mate.
To be honest deck can play without Sphere/Teus as they aren't the glue that binds all the cards together.Spike and his Atlantean Crew is what glues the deck and makes it good.Without them Mermails are nothing!
MERMAILS can't do anything anymore,they ain't good enough~
Mermails are still rather good in my opinion they just aren't tier 1 anymore and probably never will be again...I mean in TCG they're not bad but they pale in comparison then you have OCG...well with decks like shaddolls,satellaknights and chronomaly there is no point in mermails really...just how I feel which is kinda sad cause I really do like mermails.
Back to top Go down
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:23 am

Mermails can beat those decks....
Have you try to make a different build :/?
I'm able to beat those deck with OCG Merms q_q/.
Back to top Go down
Nyantasim
WDA Member
WDA Member
Nyantasim

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 am

Sukkito wrote:
Mermails can beat those decks....
Have you try to make a different build :/?
I'm able to beat those deck with OCG Merms q_q/.
No I actually used to run aggro but then abyssgunde got hit so i switched to the much more optimal genex build but I kinda dropped them for shaddolls as of late...I still play merms for fun and in real life but I don't know it is kinda sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 1st OCG Banlist   July 1st OCG Banlist Empty

Back to top Go down

July 1st OCG Banlist
Page 1 of 1