World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steam Summer Sale - Results

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Steam Summer Sale - Results Empty
PostSubject: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:44 pm

With today being the final day, it would be ideal to start bragging about the games that we got. Share with us what you got, and brag over how little, or how much, money you spent in the process.

Stuff I bought:
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon $3.75
Guacamelee Gold Edition $3.00
Bastion $2.25
Half-Minute Hero $2.50

Gifts I gave:
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon $3.75 (in exchange for Amnesia)
Just Cause 2 $3 (paid back Supa over some debt)

Total money spent: $18.25

Gifts I received (I swear to god I have no idea where most of these came from):
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (was going to get it though which is why I paid back for it)
Battleblock Theater
Beat Hazard
FORCED
Goat Simulator
King Arthur's Gold
Planet Explorers
Sanctum 2
Space Engineers
Strike Vector
Torchlight II
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:13 am

Warning, this poster can be an extremely cheap person when personal spending is concerned

Posted in chronological order of purchase - prices are euros

Marlow Briggs and the mask of death - 0.99
Defy Gravity - 0.19
Awesomenauts - 0.99
Castle Crashers - 1.19
Strike Vector - 2.99
Cloudbuilt - 2.84
Adventures of Shuggy - 0.39
One Way Heroics - 0.74
Velvet Assassin - 0.49

Total - 10.81 euros. Over half that was Strike Vector + Cloudbuilt, so expensive...
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:08 am

I won't deny that I know some of these games, and that some of them are pretty good, but jeez, what were you going for? Quantity? Or quality? You could have bought a mix of The Witcher 2, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Awesomenauts and Bastion for around the same price, and while they aren't as many as the games you picked, they still are pretty solid.

But to mark your achievement, I've given you a fitting avatar for the time being. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 4:44 am

I'll confess my sin, I've played Witcher 2 and got bored of it after it crashed on me for the 10th time, also I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere because of the weight limit classing with my hoarder instincts, such mechanics have no place in a single player game. Haven't played the regular far cry 3, and it's a time consuming game so it will be a while before I get into it, so it seemed kinda silly to get into blood dragon before it (I know, no connection, but still). Bastion I was never particularly interested into. Awesomenauts I actually bought to try out as you can see.

As for the justification for the games I bought,
Marlow Briggs is fun, and I really wanted to see how a low budget hack and slash like this plays out, the notion is kinda inspiring to be honest.
Defy Gravity is quick, interesting and dirt cheap (and its cards are actually more expensive than the game itself).
Awesomenauts as I said I wanted to try out.
Castle Crashers I was not sure about, but hey, it has co-op and other people around have it, so I asked for their opinion on it and they told me to get it.
Strike Vector I wanted since launch.
From what I've seen of Cloudbuilt I really enjoyed both how it looks and how it plays.
Shuggy seemed interesting for its price.
One way heroics I really wanted to try out, seemed like a really interesting concept and I like jrpgs anyways, it's also significantly less stressful than half minute hero to me, which is something I value.
Then I was left with 50 cents I had to spent on something, so I picked Velvet Assassin since I haven't played stealth in quite a while.

I don't really think big names equate quality, also, I prefer having some disposable stuff with the time I am currently working with, it will be nice being able to play those during vacations (over, say, The Witcher 2, which the laptop I will take with me will never handle).

So, did you save my old avatar somewhere or do I have to dig for it myself?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 am

Sucks. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is really good from what I've played so far.

I saved the avi, but you'll have to wait for me to get back home so I can pull it out of storage.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:18 pm

100% Orange Juice
A Story About My Uncle
Among the Sleep
Cloudbuilt
Always Sometimes Monsters
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Borderlands 2 DLC (Headhunter 5 & Christmas Special)
Divinity: Dragon Commander - Imperial Edition
Droid Assault
Gone Home
Long Live the Queen
Magicka
Marlow Briggs
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikage
Payday 2 (including a lot of discounted DLC)
Revenge of the Titans
Sid Meier's Civilization 5: Complete Edition
Stealth Bastard Delux
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
They Breathe
Titans Attack
Ultratron
Urban Trial Freestyle
Witcher 2 Assasins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Total: $152.11

I don't exactly remember the discounts and the prices, but according to my wallet, this is exactly how much I have spent... I think I'll be good until next year and probably a few years with Civ 5, Payday 2 and finishing off BL2 alone... My original budget was $125 and that plan went very well I must say.

So much for investing in the 2DS...sorry Smash Bros... I'm officially a PC guy once and for all.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale - Results   Steam Summer Sale - Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam Summer Sale - Results
Page 1 of 1