World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Literally Lost and Lonely

Go down 
+2
Kitouski
Al-Bhed
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

Literally Lost and Lonely Empty
PostSubject: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 8:30 am

For a handful of reasons I'm gonna boot off a new campaign (unless there's actually a serious outcry to continue with what we were doing) and I want to get a headcount for who would be interested and what sort of schedules we're working with... so consider this a call for a new campaign.

As per usual I tend to make more RP heavy campaigns and that will always be the case so who your character is and how they relate to the other players is as important as how your character plays in combat. I'm playing with an overarching plot in my head to keep things slightly more together but intend to keep the same "loose" feeling I did before.

MOSTLY the same house rules from the previous campaign would apply which is;

- I'm incredibly flexible with backgrounds and encourage you to make up your own. Decide your character, what fits and then own that background I say but you're still free to just take one from the book. I'll allow homebrew races within reason (run them by me) but this time I won't allow homebrew classes... probably? Talk to me about it.
- Variant human with a starting feat must be ran by me and expect a lot of "good" choices to be shot down; if the feat is for flavor and/or fun it is more likely to be allowed.
- multiclassing is allowed but requires an expert from the class to learn from. Under very rare circumstances will I break this requirement.
- Thea and crit fumbles I don't do.

I can have a session ready to go by 20~22nd depending on what day people are available.

What was previously the post:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kitouski on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 am

The time gap doesn't really matter, and we can just kill off nour I guess. My only issue with that will be our (complete lack of) emotional response to the event because that's how we've been playing it, but that can't be helped, that's a player issue.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:59 am

I figured it out. We could ditch everything and I could run a MAID campaign. That's what everyone wants right?
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 1:36 pm

sure
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 am

For a handful of reasons I'm gonna boot off a new campaign (unless there's actually a serious outcry to continue with what we were doing) and I want to get a headcount for who would be interested and what sort of schedules we're working with... so consider this a call for a new campaign.

As per usual I tend to make more RP heavy campaigns and that will always be the case so who your character is and how they relate to the other players is as important as how your character plays in combat. I'm playing with an overarching plot in my head to keep things slightly more together but intend to keep the same "loose" feeling I did before.

MOSTLY the same house rules from the previous campaign would apply which is;

- I'm incredibly flexible with backgrounds and encourage you to make up your own. Decide your character, what fits and then own that background I say but you're still free to just take one from the book. I'll allow homebrew races within reason (run them by me) but this time I won't allow homebrew classes... probably? Talk to me about it.
- Variant human with a starting feat must be ran by me and expect a lot of "good" choices to be shot down; if the feat is for flavor and/or fun it is more likely to be allowed.
- multiclassing is allowed but requires an expert from the class to learn from. Under very rare circumstances will I break this requirement.
- Thea and crit fumbles I don't do.

I can have a session ready to go by 20~22nd depending on what day people are available.

I'm also going to edit the first post of this thread to make this basically the new campaign thread.

Last edited by Kitouski on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 pm

i'm free on (my) thursdays and weekends all day. if its evening or night time when we play(my time) then wednesday's also fine.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm free from 3am central time to about 6pm on work days, otherwise gaming on thursday, friday are my days off. Holiday season is fast approaching and this might change, will keep you posted. It is a shame to no longer be able to play Makoto as a heroic spirit class but as a class it was messy anyway. So yeah i'm game for a reboot, though you also know about my desire to try to DM but honestly i just really want to play the one game idea i have so to be fair and because of the reason above i can't exactly expect everyone to wait until January so bring in the new game!
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm gonna roll out new character sheets in our roll20 page in a little bit but also just to add... I'd be completely fine with starting characters at Level 3 since we all know the first couple levels is just slap things forever and it was an idea I was playing with. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 11:16 am

I'm fine with the level 3 start, not sure about everyone else.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Depending on the day, I can join. My schedule "floats" with me being 4 on, 4 off. And I'm okay starting at Lv. 3.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

So I'll make this official, we'll be starting at level 3 as to bypass the slap stuff beginnings without me having to shovel experience and make it weird. Also, a bit of a copypaste but we'll be doing stats the same way as last time.

We'll be deciding stats using the point-buy system.

http://chicken-dinner.com/5e/5e-point-buy.html

You'll want to change your maximum points to 30 instead of 27 within the "house rules" tab. From there you can select how many of what stats you want, essentially "buying" them. Stats are to be between 8 and 15 but ONE stat can be lower and ONE stat can be higher, 6 being the lowest and 18 being the max. You can change the maximum and minimum in house rules as well so you can properly tell how many points you earn going lower than 8 and the costs past 15.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually do this but I might as well ask, can I be variant human with the feat 'Skilled' which gives me proficiency with 3 skills or tools?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Alibaba wrote:
I'm not 100% sure I'll actually do this but I might as well ask, can I be variant human with the feat 'Skilled' which gives me proficiency with 3 skills or tools?
I'd be completely fine with this if you went that route.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Can you give me your Roll 20 game link please? I don't have it anymore. Also, do you want us to post our characters here, or privately?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 pm

J.J. Knight wrote:
Can you give me your Roll 20 game link please? I don't have it anymore. Also, do you want us to post our characters here, or privately?

https://app.roll20.net/join/2121081/d-c3eQ

I already have character sheets for everyone there that everyone can add themselves, but this roll20 doesn't seem to remember you as a member so I'll have to add it for you after you join the link and remind it that you were.

EDIT: Also because it was asked before and I was wishy washy then, I'll stick my decision here. You can multiclass immediately, even within your first 3 levels. This means you can start as a 1 Fighter/2 Warlock if you so desired, or any combination of. You must be able to explain why this is the case within your backstory and I'd like for you to give me a heads up with the explaination if you make this choice. This also doesn't change any of the other multiclassing rules laid out; the total level cap is 20 and you still need to find someone within the profession or circumstances to multiclass into a new class from there.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Just to make sure, our items/money are just basic starting stuff right?
And the group met before the start of the campaign?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am

Alibaba wrote:
Just to make sure, our items/money are just basic starting stuff right?
And the group met before the start of the campaign?

Yes to both of these things, minus if someone wanted something specific as part of their background.

EDIT: Even if we got everyone's character's wrapped up on time somehow, I don't think I'll be able to start this weekend as I have something going on for half of it and I don't want to have something rushed woven somewhere in there, so just throwing that out there for those who are wondering how long is this going to get pushed back when we'll start.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 2:26 am

The second job keeps scheduling me when I told them not to so unable to dnd this game unless it's on a non-Saturday. So yeah.

Edit: Early morning might work out if it has to be Saturday but yeah otherwise no go here.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 10:36 pm

For those who missed it, JJ and I will be switching off on running our campaigns, him a week, me a week alternating. I think this'll be much better to prevent burn out for those involved in both campaigns and it makes it easier to figure out times. This means I'll probably be taking the coming Friday but if you've been hanging in the chat you know we're still trying to figure it out because loltimezones and different players. Having bonus gold to make up for the level difference was asked. I thought about how everyone starts at Lv3 so everyone will get a bonus 50gp, enough to do a bit more but nothing crazy.

So I've thought on it for a while and talked with everyone a bit, I'll be introducing an overarching plot to the campaign to kind of theme the world together. Keep in mind the purpose of this is to give a central goal, a reason for characters to be together but at the same time not impose something that prevents people from moving freely. This is pretty bare bones, but consider this the 'common knowledge' footnotes.

Since the creation of the world as we know it, roughly every 100 years a person will be blessed by the world to embark on a journey to protect it. This chosen person is destined to travel to a place known as the beginning of the world to renew the seals that protects this world from the next. This has gone on without failure since time immemorial. After a mere 52 years the seal wanes in power due to troubles unknown to the people that occurred during the previous chosen's journey. Today the new chosen ready's for her journey that so many have walked to rejuvenate the world once more.

You will be traveling with Aria, a human girl who holds the symbol of the savior and is of age to make the quest. She will have very little combat ability. Although this journey is important, there is no time limit for it's completion so long as it's within her life time. I will be requiring everyone to make adjustments in your backstory on how or why you would be assisting this person on their journey. It can be as closely tied as being long-time friends with them or a member of a church trained for this day, or as lose as being hired as a bodyguard, seeking strong opponents knowing they'll try to assassinate the chosen or just being friends with a player character who wants to go on this journey and nothing more, so long as it's clear why you're there and it makes enough sense.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Not sure how much you have prepared by now, but can I ask about her personality? Or her general disposition towards things/the world?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 6:12 pm

So we got a pretty finalized time which will be 3am PST/5am CT on Saturday. Convert that to your equivalent and let me know if that'll be a problem for anyone, otherwise it seems like the best time to do it this week. (And maybe future weeks, we'll see)

Alibaba wrote:
Not sure how much you have prepared by now, but can I ask about her personality? Or her general disposition towards things/the world?

She is well-mannered, kind, forgiving, patient and even somewhat naive more often than not, but she is also not a perfect person, rarely directly asking for help and has bouts of jealousy as well as can get frustrated at things that rub her the wrong way despite her patience. She is optimistic about the goodness in people in general and believes it's her duty to protect that by fulfilling this duty thrust upon her. She believes this to a fault, being arrogant and inflexible in this thinking.

I intended on being more concrete as she's played, but if you needed an outline to work with, this is what I was planning.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 6:10 pm

I am withdrawing my character from your game. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Next session will be Friday, 2pm PST (or a little less than 20 hours from now) let me know if that works for everyone. It might have to be a slightly shorter session but won't know for sure until then.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Hm. so 4pm central, no problems here.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 12:58 pm

I have people over for the holidays until the 27th. Until then I can neither host nor attend DnD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Literally Lost and Lonely Empty

Back to top Go down

Literally Lost and Lonely
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next