Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Oh, come on, you know I'd always post high-effort seasonal anime topics.
http://anichart.net/winter-2018

I named this one: yare yare daze zero two where did i go wrong aw.psd

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:16 pm

beatless
ccsakura(missing one c tbh)
darling in the franxxx
fate/extra baggage
a new precure???????
takagi but i wont expect much the manga is perfect and i doubt the anime can deliver the comedy as well
KOTAE WA DOKO EEEEEIIIIEEEEEIIIIIEEEE
popteamepic
violet memegarden

seems like there's a lot to check out this season

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm

the antartica girls show's first ep is pretty nice

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 am

danna45 wrote:
the antartica girls show's first ep is pretty nice

What Danna said except the smiles. I genuinely find something creepy about them.

I also watched the first episode of Basilisk : The Ouka Ninja Scrolls because only me and like 5 others in the world probably care about Basilisk. Character animation is typical middle road not amazing but not terrible, the anime itself is lazy in how they give a scene though, more humanoid characters than OG Basilisk, INCEST (caught Danna's attention yet?) and gif rain. Visually I'm a bit disappointed but small story stuff from episode 1 is alright and I'm gonna keep watching regardless.

Also, "To keep the bloodline alive, we would force a parent to bed a child."

ALSO:
Spoiler:

deviantART

Instagram
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am

the smiles definitely aren't cute in the same way most anime tend to show. idk, i kinda liked it because of that. and i think, especialy BEST GIRL's smile at the end of the first ep shows a fair bit of goofiness that serene smiles in scenes like that tend not to show.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 am

Already best season since like... Winter 2017. I feel like it would be shorter to post what I'm not interested then what I am but I guess I'll just ramble about a couple different groupings of shows.

Violet Evergarden, Cardcaptor and Citrus are the big shows I'm looking forward to and have my hopes pretty high for. Thus far Citrus seems true to the source material and is fine, Cardcaptor I haven't touched yet because I'm rewatching everything and we'll see what happens with Evergarden... I'm just way too much of a fan of KyotoAni. Also been hesitantly looking forward to Beatless, looking like something I would like but unable to have any high hopes for.

What I've seen (obviously only first episodes at this point);
Yuru Camp is so far so great.
Slow Start is typical A-1 show, it's... fine.
Mitsuboshi Colors is WAY better than I was expecting, really funny and cute.
IDOLiSH7. More like IDOLSHIT... uh... 7. Yea, sucks, not even a demographic thing, it's a one-to-one replica of the phone game with no creativity/flair so far.
Overlord = too much exposition dump, because it reminded me I remember nothing.
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san was something I thought was going to frustrate me when I read the synopsis, but it's surprisingly... "comfy" let's say.

I'm trying a Youtube thing! https://www.youtube.com/user/BearOnStilts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:27 am

violet evergarden's first ep really has that kyoani flavor. i'm not entirely sure the story suits the visuals that kyoani wants to make, and the sequence of events we're presented to so far i'm not completely satisfied with (for example, did they have to save the flashback for the end of the first ep? her outburst of emotion then made for a nice contrast with the rest of the episode but it could've been stronger if it was shown in a later episode, or if shown at the very beginning then instead we can feel for her PTSDautism as the episode progresses) but it's not entirely jarring so i guess that is something. the filters were a little noticeable at first but i soon forgot about them so it's not that bad.

the camera focuses on things weirdly sometimes. i get that kyoani likes to express their characters through their leg movements, so those parts i'm fine with. but there were several shots that feel redundant, and imo actually would've made the scene better if they weren't there.

its ok

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:35 am

This be how I spendin' winter

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill   

Back to top Go down

Winter Anime 2018 - A Time to be Chill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Off-Topic :: Anime-
Jump to: