World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toilet Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 pm

1) Spam topics may be posted in this section.

2) Spam rules in posts still apply.

3) No more than 5 non-sticky topics may be posted in this section. No one may post a topic while there are 5 topics already in the section. The punishment for a user who knowingly posted a 6th (or more) topic will range from at least losing the rights to post topics in this section up to a ban.

4) All topic titles must begin with the letter 'T'

5) Every 7 days, all topics in the section are flushed and the section is cleared. This can occur either manually by a moderator or by the auto-pruning system which on one set day of the week checks for topics that haven't had a post in 1 day and deletes those topics.

We are currently looking for flushers. Their only job is moving topics from the Toilet section to the hidden Sewer section every 7 days. Doing so allows people to post again since the topics are removed and new topics up to the 5 topic limit can be posted.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:28 pm

3) No more than 5 non-sticky topics may be posted in this section. No one may post a topic while there are 5 topics already in the section.

I was expecting something more among the lines of 'the oldest topic will be deleted' but, let's see how this goes.

I can be the flusher, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:52 pm

There are two reasons I am not doing that.

1) It can't be set up to happen automatically (forumotion is kinda restrictive in the tools it gives you), which means someone would have to keep a constant watch and support this topic instead of paying a visit once every seven days, which seems like way more work than we should have just to support spamming.

2) The section is set up to discourage long lasting topics, things don't survive the 7 day mark, which is the feature of the section to manage the spam.

You can be a flusher, I will set it up.
Your job is to move every non-sticky topic in the section to the Sewer section every sunday or monday. I will now be disabling auto-pruning temporarily as there is a flusher and I don't know how it would interact with the sticky topic.
Reminder that nour can do it too so if people want the section fixed, they can just bug her.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
There are two reasons I am not doing that.

1) It can't be set up to happen automatically (forumotion is kinda restrictive in the tools it gives you), which means someone would have to keep a constant watch and support this topic instead of paying a visit once every seven days, which seems like way more work than we should have just to support spamming.

2) The section is set up to discourage long lasting topics, things don't survive the 7 day mark, which is the feature of the section to manage the spam.

You can be a flusher, I will set it up.
Your job is to move every non-sticky topic in the section to the Sewer section every sunday or monday. I will now be disabling auto-pruning temporarily as there is a flusher and I don't know how it would interact with the sticky topic.
Reminder that nour can do it too so if people want the section fixed, they can just bug her.
Forumotion sucks, understandable.

Every sunday/monday...Since my timezone is earlier than a lot of other people's here, I'll wait until sunday or monday midnight-ish at my timezone(GMT+7) to do the flush. That alright?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Whichever works for you
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:26 pm

just to clarify, the topics all get flushed on a set day every week and not on each topic's own 7th day?

can i be a flusher? or are danna and nour enough?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Set day, that's why I mentioned sunday-monday specifically.
Danna and nour are enough.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 am

By the way, if for some reason it is generally agreed and decided to move any particular topic to the toilet earlier than the designated flush time, should we be allowed to make a new thread as long as there are less than 5 threads? And any new threads are naturally still subject to being flushed at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 am

It's as the rule says, what matters is how many topics are currently in the section. If there are less than 5, a topic may be posted. Flushing is irrelevant to that, it is simply an action which can help free up slots.

Though there may be a loophole to that, so don't be too surprised if I randomly change my mind. But for now it's like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toilet Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toilet Rules   Toilet Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Toilet Rules
Page 1 of 1