World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion

Go down 
+6
Dragonclaw
Unknown
RCbobo
psychoturtle
T.J
J.J. Knight
10 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion Empty
PostSubject: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:05 pm

On October 1st, 2010, I had a dream. No, it was not for equal rights for African American's. In this dream, I was approached by a figment of my childhood that had manifested from a shadowy figure that tormented me from within my subconscious my entire life into a humanoid being. The minute I saw him, I knew everything about him; except his name. It was as if I was looking in a mirror of someone I used to be, someone I could have, possibly, should have, been. In that dream, he spoke one sentence to me. It was simple, yet effective. He said to me, "I have a story I wish to tell, and I want you to write it."

From that moment on, I've had dreams of this story that my figment of imagination showed me. I had dreams of people (man, woman, and child) being massacred by a single serial killer as he was pursued by a homicide detective. While I wrote the book mostly from Richard's point of view, it was the serial killer who's eyes I've seen through. I knew his plan from the very beginning of the book. The project quickly became an obsession. Every night, I'd dream each 'chapter' until I finished it. Sometimes, these dreams were so intense and frightening, I was afraid to sleep. Dreams of children butchered, families destroyed, and I felt the pain that Richard experienced through the book. I knew exactly how 'Jack' had the upper hand through the entire month that he occupied Seattle. He was always two steps ahead.

Then I got to the end of the book. I thought that this would be the end. The Ripper Case would be finished with the serial killer's death. However, there were other plans. The figment in my head told me it was over. No, that it couldn't be over. The figment in my head told me that this would not be over. Not by a long shot. "This will not have a fairytale ending where the wicked fall and the virtuous rise." he said to me. I understood what he meant. Looking back at how I wrote it, I never revealed much information about him. Only that he grew up in an orphanage of eight inhabitants. I knew then that the figment had no intention of stopping there.

I quickly understood just how far the story would go. In a single night, I dreamed the entire story, from start to finish. It was then I knew just how much of a story there was. I knew that this could not be completed in one singular book without it being hundreds of chapters long, if written by the format I had devised (Each chapter is in accordance to a day, from 12:00 A.M. to 11:59 P.M.) I will admit that this book has consumed me. My thoughts are cluttered with the Ripper Case Series. My dreams are plagued with murder of non-existent beings. I constantly dream of murder and mystery.

It's been nearly an entire year since I started The Seattle Massacre. The story itself has evolved and grown from one book, to a plotted seven for the main series. I've had people say that it's good, I've had people say it's crap. After I wrote the first draft, I look back onto it now and see just how bad it is. I really owe Sarah a huge favor by constantly pushing me to do better in my writing. For those who read my work, I thank you for your critique, even if it was negative. Your comments help me become a better writer.

Many people don't realize just how much this story means to me. Growing up, I never once felt that I would become anything in my life. Both peers and my family made me feel that way. I grew up basically alone, left to my own devices. I was constantly tortured by my fellow peers and because of their abuse, I am in constant pain. I cannot tell you how many times I've thought of committing suicide in my life, even some recent attempts to end this continuous spiral of misery and despair. If it were not for a certain group of individuals, I would not be here today. I was very close to falling off the edge on several occasions. I even fell off a few times. My life was saved a few times by a small group of people, and they gave me hope. You know who you are.

Which brings me to my next and final topic. There is something I plan to do once I hit five hundred sold copies. This plan will not take effect until I reach that 500th copy sold. So please, buy a copy and tell your friends about it. Help me reach my goal.

I will let you all know when The Seattle Massacre is finally published.
Back to top Go down
T.J
WDA Member
WDA Member
T.J

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : T.J

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Can't wait you've got a talent and I'm glad to see your putting it to good use and you've got your first fan here :D

I plan on telling and introducing all my friends/family to your story

Last edited by T.J on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I JUST COULDNT HELP MYSELF HAD TO ADD BONUS INFO)
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Man I can't wait to get a copy...I just hope it comes out in my useless good for nothing city... :D
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:19 pm

It's sold worldwide. You'll be able to get a copy.

One copy down, 499 to go
Back to top Go down
T.J
WDA Member
WDA Member
T.J

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 pm

so if i walk into my local book shop and place an order on this book will i be bale to get it?
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Yes, you should be able to order the book. iUniverse distributes books worldwide, so you can walk into your bookstore and request it to be ordered.
Back to top Go down
RCbobo
WDA Member
WDA Member
RCbobo

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : RCbobo

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Sick, maybe I will pick this up :D
Back to top Go down
T.J
WDA Member
WDA Member
T.J

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh one more thing could you send me a link to your book on IUniverse.com I cant find it
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:43 am

The book isn't published yet. I'm working on the final draft.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:51 am

Heh, is this something a 12 year old can understand? From your "Promo" it sounds like a book I would like, but is it okay for a 12 year old to read it?
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:01 am

The Seattle Massacre is not recommended to kids. There's extreme gore in it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:29 am

Yesh, I'm going to love this book. I loved the first chapter you sent me.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:30 am

Aw.... Alas my age is preventing me in life once again....
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 am

Unknown, ask JJ for the intro and chapter 1. I'f you can take that, me may be able to take the book.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 am

Ive seen enough gore in ZombieLand :P :P :P
But I'mm interested in this book here,I'll try to buy it when I go to the bookstore again :D
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:02 am

So this means you've sealed the deal with a publisher already? In that case, good job, that's an incredible accomplishment with the cutthroat publishing industry. Good luck on the book, I'll be sure to check it out in the book store to save on expenses :p.

Also, I hope I'm not one of the people who gave you negative criticism.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:19 am

Your sir, have made me, just love your work. Trust me, in life, there are many haters. Its just like that. But believe me when I say this, this book. Is truely great, bravo!
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 am

wow, i reeally liked your work,so i hope i would be able t get my hands on a copy,i if see it sold in my stores near me,be sure i will get a copy of it
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes!!!!! :D awesomeness! I really cannot wait for this! The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion 128455777
I read the first chapter and it was brilliant and interesting.
Please make sure to inform us when it is available.
I needz a copy The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion 376050460
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks guys. It really builds my confidence to hear this. If you have comments about the story, please PM me or add me at joshuaknels@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion   The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion Empty

Back to top Go down

The Seatte Massare: Nearing Final Completion
Page 1 of 1