World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's this? Another book? As if one was enough!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

What's this? Another book? As if one was enough! Empty
PostSubject: What's this? Another book? As if one was enough!   What's this? Another book? As if one was enough! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:06 pm

As many of you know, I've been working on a novel for nearly a year now. I've sent a few of you some samples of my work and got back some really positive feedback. While the ego stroke is good, and hearing the positive feedback is encouraging and gives me hope that my book will sell, I'm not hearing a lot of negative feedback. I don't know if this is out of respect or what (fear, perhaps?), I was hoping a little bit more criticism. I'm not really going to ask for proof reading at this stage of the editing process, as I have two (maybe three) editors reading my work at this very moment to prep me for the final draft before submission (expect book to be out in early 2012! What a year to publish a book, huh?).

What a lot of people don't know is that I'm nearing completion to the second book to the Ripper Case Series, Unsolved Mysteries. Instead of mass gore like the first book, this book takes a more in depth look into the serial killer's life, introduces the new main protagonist (and future main character), Agent Crystal Bosque, and reveals some information about the killer himself. How else is this book different that The Seattle Massacre? Firstly, this book has two plots or story arcs going on at once. There's the Ripper plot and there's Crystal's plot. In the Ripper plot, you discover his more humane side as he tries to fit in, but struggles. The Crystal plot introduces the new character and builds her up while presenting several mysteries surrounding the case. While I type this, I am currently typing Chapter 27 and intend to have the first draft completed by Sunday. I've given UP all the chapters up to 25 and he gave me some very insightful feedback. Opposed to The Seattle Massacre, Unsolved Mysteries only took a month to write opposed to three months, so there's a good chance that I may release two books in 2012. I've even started The Ripper Puzzle about a week ago, so I'm actually working on a third book already.

The meaning for this thread is basically this: Thank you everyone for taking time out of your schedules and reading my work. I greatly appreciated the feedback received so far for The Seattle Massacre. I intend to allow the same benefits for the members here and reading chapters from my second book, Unsolved Mysteries just like I allowed UP to do. If you don't mind a few spoilers, you are welcome to read chapters from my second book.

Again, thank you everyone for reading my work. Your comments and insight has given me confidence (and the insane idea to propose to my girlfriend after selling 500 copies). So again, thanks.
Back to top Go down

What's this? Another book? As if one was enough!
Page 1 of 1