World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"

Go down 
+11
Kitouski
Legendaryfrost
Supasmash
J.J. Knight
raye
Scar
Nour Force
rjuto
Al-Bhed
Minako
mido9
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : mido9

Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:12 am

So im gonna ask a silly question.

Who here got banned for whatever silly reason a mod came up with?

I got banned for not liking minako's chatbox color,my sis got banned cuz she said she didnt understand something al wrote,joker once banned psycho for posting a trollface right after joker posted new anti trolling rules.

I mean really,the ban button is not there for your personal amusement.That means you mina.so we dont like your avi,dont go banning us for a week for it(white mask incident).

/rant

Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" Chat_r10

Last edited by mido9 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 am

Your sister asked me too....and she was banned for her troubles because you to have the same ip. Al banned her for a minute but he didn't realize the chat takes time to unban. You're being a baby. Will you calm down if I burp you? *rubs back*
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:29 am

I dont care about whining atm, I will note another thing.

The last one who posted a chat conversation of me on the forum was wolf, at the time it became a staff issue and I find it a huge dick move to show off to the rest of the forum and try to accuse me and the staff using words I personally said to you and a few other people on the chat.

Therefore, as you did a huge dick move I will tell you here mido something that will reinforce your point, so I guess you should be thankful. From this point onward I'll probably keep finding actual excuses to ban you on chat and will proceed to ban you there for random amounts of time. Expect plenty of prickish bans from me until this power is stripped.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:25 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
I dont care about whining atm, I will note another thing.

The last one who posted a chat conversation of me on the forum was wolf, at the time it became a staff issue and I find it a huge dick move to show off to the rest of the forum and try to accuse me and the staff using words I personally said to you and a few other people on the chat.

Therefore, as you did a huge dick move I will tell you here mido something that will reinforce your point, so I guess you should be thankful. From this point onward I'll probably keep finding actual excuses to ban you on chat and will proceed to ban you there for random amounts of time. Expect plenty of prickish bans from me until this power is stripped.

Al-Bitched FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 am

Short story. What mido's trying to say is don't abuse the ban button.
It's not a toy. It's a tool.

For example, by now If I were Al-Bhed I would ban rjuto.. but It's not worth it, It's only a troll.

Last edited by 99nour on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Scar
WDA Member
WDA Member
Scar

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 am

._. MADNESS
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 am

Hmm why does mido and everyone else get banned if they say something wrong when i cause the mos ttrouble on wda and chat but never get banned kind of strang enow but dont ban me now for saying this
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 am

If you were told to stop by an admin/moderator more than once or broke the rules, then you deserve the temp ban. That's all she wrote.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:56 am

i never got one so she didnt give it to me cu i didnt get a level 3
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 am

... well ive got banned before but never without reason (ex. getting banned from the chat cuz i be spamin it)
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 am

Mido is right at some point. Still you **** up by showing some random comments of a guy that, being a mod, never abuses his powers. That was stupid.

I was banned yesterday after making fun of my CAPS LOCK button, that's cool huh, oh well, just wanted to have fun that's all. My fault...In the end, I offended an authority, da ****?
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

Raye idk how u think you cause trouble in chat, but meh I've never banned anyone for longer than 10 mins, and for good reason, I don't like banning ppl but you you ask for it, I will oblige
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 am

Minako wrote:
Will you calm down if I burp you? *rubs back*
He came with a serious question, you could've just given him a serious answer without patronizing him.

I'd like to think the ban button is generally used for serious reasons though. Although I'm sure it doesn't happen very often, I know a couple of the staff members have a sense of humor so if you're ever banned for a short period for a silly reason, I'd just let them know that it really was a bit offensive and hopefully they'd get the point you didn't appreciate the joke. Other then a once-in-a-blue-moon joke they might felt was alright, I can't imagine the staff just doing this because they can.

I'm really sorry though if whatever happened did put you off. :x If you feel like you were ban abused you can bring it up with the administrators personally by PM and I'm sure they'll talk back to you, and if they give you a hard time and you still feel justified in what you think I don't think it would be considered going behind an admin's back if you talk to another staff member but explain the situation to get it ironed out if you're that concerned of it possibly being an issue if anything like this happens in the future.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
Vaati

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:08 am

99nour wrote:
It's not a toy. It's a tool.

We live by this, if you get banned we used a tool for a reason. Though, the behaviour of some of you will rather make it look like a toy, because we will need it a lot
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

Waifu : ! ! ! ! ! ! ! NO <

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:32 am

the ban button is overused.....mido is right on that
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:48 am

Kitouski wrote:
Minako wrote:
Will you calm down if I burp you? *rubs back*
He came with a serious question, you could've just given him a serious answer without patronizing him.

I could have, however he has insulted me before and even though I told him it offended me he ignored me because he saw nothing wrong with it. He is complaining about a ten minute ban. He's being overly dramatic. Also he quoted Al whom had banned nour for 1 minute because she was being a smartass by saying tldr after he went into a lengthy description to answer her. He said say tldr and I'll ban you. He didn't realize it takes ten mins for a ban to undo. I have in the past punished mido for flat out being a jerk to me in ways that have bothered me. You should know what it takes to bother me considering you've hurt me the worst Poofers.
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:57 am

what does tldr mean?
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:02 am

paradox158 wrote:
what does tldr mean?

to long, didn't read
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:04 am

kk thx and i can understand that i mean who wines over 10 min ppl who have only a life on this chat box?
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:07 am

paradox158 wrote:
kk thx and i can understand that i mean who wines over 10 min ppl who have only a life on this chat box?

Its not about 10 min or having a life on this chat box.

He is trying to say that getting banned ''out of pure fun'' shouldn't be happening.
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:19 am

well yes that is wrong but only if its ages like2 days witch is bad 10 mins isint verry long if it repeedly happens then its bad but if it doesent it's just haveing a little fun...
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 am

paradox158 wrote:
well yes that is wrong but only if its ages like2 days witch is bad 10 mins isint verry long if it repeedly happens then its bad but if it doesent it's just haveing a little fun...

How will the victim feel like? Becoming an object of farce? That isn't nice,even if its a joke. It shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:55 am

its 10 mins as a joke.........

at least its notbanning for 2 days for a JOKE caps like joker did

nosense of humor AND STILL HASENT SAID SORRY
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:58 am

"Victim"? "Object of a farce"? Isn't that a bit too strong words to refer to preventing someone from posting messeges on a forum chat for 10 minutes? Excuse me when I say that most of those topics and discussions about chat bans get in the area of whiny bitching. But you want to talk about rights and complaints? Ok, let's do it like this then, we move the chat bans on the official forum warning system, actually join them instead of just reporting the bigger issues and give official warnings by following the forum rules to the letter, that means every time you undermine authority you get a strike, every time we see something that resembles sexual harashment you get a strike, every time we see spam you get a strike, every time we judge there to be flaming you guys get a strike. At this time chat is being treated loosely as far as rules are concerned, we can joke properly unlike the limitations of the forum etc. but every god damn time you come and whine about a 10 minute posting prevention on a f-ing forum chat, claiming we assault your rights when 90% of the time it was rightful just because we don't have written proof of it, well if you want to involve rights so strictly we will involve responsibilities as well properly, because if I go through the chat history now I bet I am going to find at least one case worthy of a strike under forum rules, tommorow there will be a new one and so on and so forth, but if your 10 minute posting prevention on a just reason 90% of the time makes you want to shout out for your rights then I guess we have to, sounds good?

Because ganging up on someone is ok, bullying on chat is ok, constantly spamming messeges for no reason (few word posts sequentially) is ok, making sexual references is ok, but 10 minute chat posting prevention is not. Yeah, that does sound like a right.
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:00 am

tldr................XD jk but at least al know's what hes talking about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"   Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?" Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else wish for a "file ban abuse section?"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next