World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Conversation Among Intellectuals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

A Conversation Among Intellectuals Empty
PostSubject: A Conversation Among Intellectuals   A Conversation Among Intellectuals EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Matthew Rubbelke:
Good sir, how be you?

J. J. Knight:
I be good. I just started the publication process today. How about you, good o' chum?

Matthew Rubbelke:
Not terrible, just having withdrawals from the Abbey... I really miss communal prayer.

J. J. Knight
Ah, I see.

Matthew Rubbelke:
Otherwise, balancing school, exploration of reality, trying to keep up with people, trying to keep steady with reading, prayer, and reflection, and of course, trying to keep one foot on the ground, and the other floating in the air....

J. J. Knight
Sounds you're quite busy. I know how that is man.

Matthew Rubbelke:
Yeah, the roller-coaster of emotions come to an end by an existential crisis, and then things aren't so bad. Actually, it's getting more comfortable in the realm of discomfort .

J. J. Knight
That is reality. There's always push and pull that'd create dysfunction. The trick to not only dealing with this discomfort, but to adjust yourself so you can predict and overcome it by pacing yourself into accepting it as inevitable. Once you've accepted it, you'll be better prepared to work on it and eventually, overcome it.

Matthew Rubbelke:
That is what an existential crisis does for the most part, although it is easy to say "who cares?"

J. J. Knight:
As human beings, we are designed to care. We are programmed to stick our nose into everyone and everything's business. That's because of our parasitic nature, but what also makes us human. We are more than mere beasts (or so I hope) because we feel more than hunger and lust. We are able to care beyond ourselves and feel things for other people, and even other creatures. Because of that caring, we feel pressure from multiple sources (work, education, social status, etc).

Matthew Rubbelke:
True to a point, but if none of it adds up to anything o paramount, the question comes up to what does it matter? Just how a crisis in existentialism works.

J. J. Knight
Truth is, none of it matters. We make it matter because that's what we want it to be. We wish to install value into things in which nature would see as invalid, or non-existent. In truth, we also create our stresses by holding onto our basic traditions. If we were to return to nature, as crazy as it sounds (especially coming from me), then 90% of our stresses would disappear.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: A Conversation Among Intellectuals   A Conversation Among Intellectuals EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

I cant really respond to that or connect to the guy like u did up there but i will make a few comments about it saying that this is good you should really consider motivational speaking you would be good at it.

listen to that song i think u will like it^^
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: A Conversation Among Intellectuals   A Conversation Among Intellectuals EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:54 pm

This was only maybe 1/3 of the overall conversation. We really got into a debate about the mind and how it'd regress into a primal state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Conversation Among Intellectuals   A Conversation Among Intellectuals Empty

Back to top Go down

A Conversation Among Intellectuals
Page 1 of 1