World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Necroface - by kiryu111

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiryu111
WDA Member
WDA Member
kiryu111

Achievement Points : 0

Necroface - by kiryu111 Empty
PostSubject: Necroface - by kiryu111   Necroface - by kiryu111 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Necroface

Monsters - 26

2x Battle Fader
1x Black luster Soldier
1x Chaos Sorcerer
3x Cyber Valley
3x Dimensional Alchemist
2x Effect Veiler
1x Necroface
1x Sangan
3x Tour Guide From the Underworld
2x Tragoedia
1x Dark Armed Dragon
3x Maxx "c"
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Caius the Shadow Monarch
1x Possesed Dark Soul

Spells - 12

1x Allure of Darkness
1x Dark Hole
3x Gold Sarchophagus
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mind control
1x Monster Reborn
1x Machine Duplication
1x Enemy controller
2x MST

Traps - 4

2x Call of the haunted
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Return from the Different Dimension

Some simple good plays.

Perfect opening with this deck is having a Tour Guide and gold sarco. You remove Necroface from play in your deck with gold sarco. (both players banish top 5 cards)
You would Then summon Tour Guide and xyz into leviar and use its eff for a plus 1. This move has several beneficial aspects other than the plus.
First off you immediately see what deck is your opponent using which makes you prepare better.
Also you are banishing vital elements from your opponent's deck, but not to mention gaining a rather useful toolbox aspect in your banished zone.

If you open with necroface in hand then most of time you will want to use gold sarco to fetch your allure of darkness not to mention the beauty of opening with 2 gold sarcos.

The Deck's Playstyle

"[Basically] Necroface the deck is all just like the card itself[;] many tentacles wrapping around your opponent, twisting them until they lose control of the duel and eventually lose the game[.]"

This deck is made, so to say, "float around wearing your opponent down and gaining advantage on the way." I wouldn't describe the deck as an aggressive one, but it's definitely a control deck. This deck includes 10 monsters who can be used straght from hand that's why
it forces opponent to be on his toes always fearing faders, trags, veilers, maxx c. So in essence the deck is made to stop opponent using mainly your hand, thus preventing opponent from utilizing a lot of power cards to their best. Like heavy storm, dark hole, and etc. due to the fact that most of things that appear on the field are floaters.

Game play of the deck is to search out ur wanted hand utilizing the effects of gold sarco, alchemist, sangan while preventing your opponent from doing big plays with valleys, veilers , trags and so on.

Alternative win condition.
Utilizing the effect of necroface gains this deck another win condition with can come quite in handy rather often.
Necroface can force opponent to deck out. It is fairly easily accomplished if u are playing Exodia, final countdown, Lightsworns and many others.

Necroface - vs ???

The deck has fairly good match-ups with majority of decks played these days. Dimensional rabbit and TG stun would be the two decks I would say are the toughest ones to play against.
Seeing as how dimensional fissure stops your alchemists veilers and maxx c, but it makes it really easy to utilize Necroface to it's full purpose it was intended to do.
TG are hard due to the fact that there is nothing really worth veilering in TGs and you won't benefit much from maxx c.
How ever versus DW, Plants, Karakuri, Agents and practically everything else this deck has a really good match-up due to the fact that it can disrupt the flow of those decks fairly easily.
Banishing their key cards with necroface, stopping big plays with veilers and maxx c and being safe from all the destruction due to faders trags and gorz.
This deck utilizes maxx c and veilers a lot better than most simply due to the fact that you search them out so easily and by turn 3 you mostly have maxx c veiler and fader in hand.

Some tech choices.

Caius the Shadow Monarch

I chose to run him because I run faders , and it helps me utilize them better (valley is another great option same as Econ)
Caius provides me with an additional out to problematic cards, or big monsters. and it fits the deck rather good.

Cyber dragon
He is there to help me in anti meta-ish matchups, karakuri and also the new trend of going into zenmaines first turn.
Also he provides me with additional field presence to force through those backrows, he is an out to TKR if it gets me trapped and it works nice with cyber valley

Enemy Controller
This card is great this format. It opens a lot of options in combination with a lot of the cards in the deck, cyber valley and battle fader work together with it perfectly.

Possesed Dark Soul
This is a really interesting card, and it will get only better with the release of inzecters and wind ups. it combos great together with maxx c.
Lets say opponent summons tour guide, and u chain maxx c quite often opponent will stop with sangan and tgu on the field. then if u successfully use this card next turn - u have made opponent minus 2 monsters, and gained urself 2, by only using 1 card - that makes it negative 3 in card advantage to your opponent. Also not to forget that this card is additional tour guide target.

Interractions between cards.

The decks main engine is tour guide (powering leviar plays) and alchemists. Since necroface gives u access to several banished cards, effects of alchemist and leviair become dangerous instantly fueling your combos and giving u toolbox aspect.
Cyber valleys alone make your alchemist and leviar plays alive instantly, and serves as a draw power as well as tool to slow the game down a bit and gain time to gather your combo pieces.
Almost the same can be said for battle fader. It works great with cards like caius, enemy controller and cyber valley. These cards also serve as your last resort in terms of protection, and is rather easy searchable with alchemist and sangan.

Call of the Haunted
I chose to run 2 of them because I almost always have alchemist or sangan in graveyard, So call becomes more like a bait for opponent. Every time they storm it or mst it it gets minus 1 for them, also enabling me to add a card to my hand.

Boss Monsters.

Deck runs BLS,DAD and 1 copy of Chaos Sorc. This deck has natural ability of grave manipulation therefore all boss monsters are really easily available for summoning.
You get easy access to them via alchemists (often banished with necro) and gold sarcos therefore there is no need to run more boss monsters. Also the fact that I can recycle any of them which is of a great importance. To do that we use cyber valleys, alchemists, Call of the Haunted (for both chaos sorc and bls).

Return from a Different Dimension
If u successfully activate this card then you will win the game 90% of the time, So I won't comment much on it.

Side deck can be made in loads of different dirrections, and I believe each player should make their own side deck.

Few pointers would be to pack DW hate, as well as additional spell & trap destruction (I prefer dust tornados as they enable neat RFDD and COTH plays)

Extra deck.

Also extra deck is rather basic as this deck doesn't really focus on it. You should include AT LEAST 2x Leviair the Sea Dragon for obvious reasons. Mainly add in some rank 3 XYZ, but don't forget about monster reborn and opponent's graveyard, as well as leviair and tuners your opponent may control. Thinking of all of this beforehand will make sure that you can keep hand control in the game.

Here is the deck in a Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPFYBXA0n5E&context=C3236adaADOEgsToPDskLbT-IzRBGgSm9GyiV5iKqF

That would be it. I hope u found this an interesting reading matterial.

Also thx to harbinger - she helped me to edit this and fix all my grammar errors.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

Necroface - by kiryu111 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necroface - by kiryu111   Necroface - by kiryu111 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm

very nice article kiryu, idk why i would expect anything less from you. very informative and very detailed. i like it and will be looking into a deck like that. great read, and again great job.
Back to top Go down

Necroface - by kiryu111
Page 1 of 1