World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOPA Protests

Go down 
+9
psychoturtle
Red
Silver
Al-Bhed
wynchester
DigiDigi
AsianShadow
Unknown
Kimo Force
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

SOPA Protests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Good to know one of the largest hacker groups are on our side. Normally, I don't support the acts they pull off, but this is one I approve of unless there's something else they're aiming for.
By the way, who plans on going dark that day? Personally, I do not wish to drag the entire forum into this since not everybody plans on going dark, but I, myself, won't connect to the internet on January 18th in protest of SOPA. It sounds a little silly, but it's a good sign that we do not want this bill to pass.
Oh, and don't type in their name on the forum just to avoid trouble.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shizuo Heiwajima
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shizuo Heiwajima

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Shizuo Heiwajima

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 am

Ah...online piracy. Okay, now I can try to put in my sort of ideals. I feel as though Anonymous is correct in a sense. The constitution states that we have the freedom to speak, yet with this SOPA bill, it is, like many times before in history, is a contradiction to the constitution. This seems more like a new way to control American citizens, to control revolutions and revolts, such as the ones that are happening all over the world as we speak, because really looking at all the facts, it is social network sites (ie. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and sites like YouTube that spread these ideas more rapidly than ever before. Sorry if I seem to be repeating information already posted here, but it is rather common sense that the government is scared that there will be a spout of revolts due to ideas being spread by social networks and videos. So they are trying to shut them all down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thepokemonkingdom
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

Well, I have some good news and some bad news, mes amigos. The good news is both SOPA and PIPA got shelved by Congress. Bad news is they might come back again, only in a different form, and with a different name, possibly not in the near future.
In the meantime, let's all take a deep breath...and sigh in relief.
And listen to this.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 am

Kimo Force wrote:
And listen to this.
Why?
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 am

Postponed again, hopefully indefinitely turns into permanent

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115384-SOPA-Postponed-Indefinitely
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 am

That's fantastic! :D But it does say that they are looking for different ways to fight online piracy. Does that mean they'll come back with another bill that is similar to SOPA?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Protests   SOPA Protests - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOPA Protests
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2