World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12

Go down 
+9
Unknown
Minako
Supasmash
Vaati
Fish
Red
psychoturtle
Kimo Force
DigiDigi
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should WDA "Blackout" as well?
Yes
SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap86%SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 86% [ 19 ]
No
SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12   SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello, I am here to inform WDA as a whole and re-discuss SOPA. SOPA is an anti-piracy act that will ultimately make your life here on the internet a living hell. See more details in Kimo's thread here:
Spoiler:
and here:
Spoiler:
Here is their [alleged] goals:
  • Stop Piracy
  • Stop trolling
  • Stop Cyber Bullying for children on a global scale
  • Censor anything threatening or distasteful
  • Anti-Terrorism

I have done my research and their real goals are to not only control the Internet, but to control the Internet's economy so that they can make profit off of it all. Even logic points to this: if Congress classified Pizza as a vegetable to save the frozen food industry, then they will control YOUR Internet. Yes, it is a service provided by the United States government, but it is a right that we all have. It is the Freedom of Speech and the Pursuit of Happiness that constitutes our right to our current state of the Internet.

What will happen if SOPA bill passes? This:
  • No more Torrent sites
  • Anything that involves any aspect of copyright infringement will be stripped down (youtube, DuelingNetwork, PirateBay, fan-dedicated forums, etc.)
  • Very strict social networking
  • FBI Searches (they still do that right now, but the amount of times they are allowed to search you will increase.)

What can we do to stop this? Protest, protest, protest. There will be a global scale "black out" (mass inactivity) to show disfavor of this bill. What do protests do? They voice the public's opinions and has shown in the past that they are effective. What do you do to join the black out? Do not use your internet at all on 1/18/12 (this upcoming wednesday.) This is from your loving admin, Digi and your friend Kimo.

Please just voice your choice whether or not you are going to protest or not. It is highly recommended and appreciated if you do. Thank you.

*If you are going to spread the word out to the rest of the YGO community or any other forum you love, feel free to use my post and these campaign posters. (BTW sorry for the 2nd poster MoC, I kinda felt like doing it myself because I'm feeling a little picky about it atm.)*

SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 SOPAPoster1
Spoiler:

Last edited by DigiDigi on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12   SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you god! Even though it may come back, we have bought us more time of free use of internet. YAY! :D
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : fireraven23

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12   SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! F*CK YEAH! PARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! SCREW YOU ALL I'M GOING HOME!

I knew blackmailing them would work.....
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12   SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 am

people, we are still protesting today. However, we aren't blacking out. So instead just do any other means of protesting like signing petitions (such as this: SOPA Strike Petition), decorating your online profiles all around the net wherever you may be (that hasn't blacked out today) with userbars, txt that says "Down with SOPA+PIPA!, etc"

SOPA will be reintroduced next month. Ready-up!

Also, make plans to either Blackout again and discuss with me about this so that we can educate each other on this matter. Topic of discussion: SOPA, PIPA, how to protest, etc. Refer to Al's wall-o-txt and some other large opinions posted earlier in this topic and Kimo's topic.

Info on the PIPA:SOPA -->http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/sopa-vs-pipa-anti-piracy-bills-uproar-explained/

http://vimeo.com/31100268
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12   SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOPA Blackout Protest 1/18/12
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2