World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.

Go down 
+10
DigiDigi
rjuto
Nour Force
Supasmash
psychoturtle
Joker
wynchester
Al-Bhed
Unknown
Ahty
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ahty
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ahty

Achievement Points : 0

Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello, so i've been gona for a while again and probably most of you don't remember me anymore. Anyways i haven't had much time to dedicate to WDA like it is called now nor did i feel like devoting time to it, let's face it yu-gi-oh hasn't been a priority lately and it doesn't excite me like it used to.
Anyways down to bussiness, i'm going to be plain brutal. The academy looks horrible:

-1. the theme and the layout just feel wrong, looks too complex, too many links everything, i bet 90% of the people that stumble upon the academy just by looking at the home page they get sick of all the confusion and leave.

-2. Custom Ranks are ok, Custom colors are ok, Having every single topic look like a rainbow due to every single member having their custom rank and color is not ok it looks awfull and makes having a custom rank no longer be a special thing not to mention it ruins the overall roleplaying, out of the 100% members of this academy how many actually have a rank that fits the academy? Remove custom ranks and colors, increase the requirements to having one and force it to actually some background. Lets not give the guy the rank of King of Blue eyes when he doesn't even run a single blue eyes dragon while there is someone else who actually uses that card at a competitive level, thats dumb!. A good idea would be to add Fixed ranks like: Master of Darkness and make it a competitive thing, for instance t have the master of darkness rank you must beat the previous master and during the duel only Dark monsters can be used.

-3. Trolling and QQing, its normal that when the academy starts to derail that the amount of trolling increases, to fix this we really have to promote constructive posts and punish trolls, i'm not sure if it is possible but giving a reward for when someone posts a reply with more than 100 letters and if someone abuses that method to get the reward punish him.

-4 Constructive punishments: Instead of bans or warnings, lets face it a warning for a trol post is still overkill, make it like whenever someone post a troll reply they lose 10% of their credits.

For now that is all don't let this post die,

Sincerly,
Ahty
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:30 am

Welcome back Ahty =)

1. You might be right, I'm personally not bothered by it, but, what would you suggest has to be removed specifically to make it look better?

2. Hmm, I do partially agree with you here. The colours of people's names should just be the same as their rank imo, the overload of colours gives the academy a nice vibe.
I do indeed think that with 'master of ...' it would be better to compete over the title. But, as long as there's no system for it, it shouldn't be forbidden imo.

3. This one's just a bit rediculous imo. People should be awarded for making non-short posts in a forum of a children's card game?.. This forum is about learning people to play yu-gi-oh and having fun. And again; it's for a chlidren's card game.., why would you want to make such a system?..

4. Warning system is fine imo. Created by yours truly over two years ago. People that want to troll can still troll, they just have to be more original than the occasional 'umad bro?'. Trolling is fun, when done properly. This system counters the lame, no-life trolling. Nothing wrong with that, right?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:10 am

Athy wrote:
Also, i did push for this things when i had some power that whats originated the RP section.
The one who had worked on the first RP section is Joker, Kimo helped a bit as I see back in the staff topic and I did bitch a lot about deck restrictions at the time as well, participating in the matter. You, at the time, were not staff. Even if you pushed for the RP section as a member, you did it with the 0 power you had at the time. If you pushed for it at another time, then it didn't work and it is not connected to the RP section. Just to be clear and give Joker his due credits for it, as he was the staff member in charge of the RP section at the time, I was there. You were later called to be an RP mod but that was after the section would be made. By the way, I am being told the suggestion at the time was brought up by Luna.
this http://toonworldacademy.forumotion.com/t7998-an-rp-section for those that maintain TWA staff powers.
Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
Warning system is fine imo. Created by yours truly over two years ago.
The latest warning system that is posted there, if I remember correctly, was brought up for discussion by Joker. It is now being rediscussed however since we have already faced issues with it.
Are you perhaps talking about the rules or similarities in the warning systems?
Back to top Go down
Ahty
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ahty

PostSubject: Re: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 am

The reason why the RP section was created was because i bitched about needing more RP, joker came up with the RP section idea and created it putting me and someone else (can't really remember who, sorry bro :S).

UP, its just to encourage more constructive posts that tend to lead to healthy discussions
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 am

Athy wrote:
more constructive posts that tend to lead to healthy discussions

Why does this topic exist then?

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/f20-site-suggestions - Get to work, cuz now you're doing the impossible, spamming the off-topic section *claps*

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

Waifu : fireraven23

PostSubject: Re: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Wait..... You complain that the layout is too boring, then you say the custom ranks are too colorful?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.   Hello, Missed me? no, too bad. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, Missed me? no, too bad.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2