World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes

Go down 
+4
Al-Bhed
Nour Force
Unknown
Kimo Force
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes Empty
PostSubject: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:02 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I admit it, none of us saw this coming. I knew about ACTA a long time ago, but the media didn't even give it enough thought, and now, here we are. ACTA is like SOPA and PIPA's older and more twisted brother. Proof is that it's reached several countries already, and now Obama has developed a thing for it. Though the bill is already slithering its way through government after government, it's not too late to sign a petition, contact your congressman, etc.
If you want to show your hate to ACTA, and to Obama, shout out "F*** you, Obama! F*** you, ACTA!" full, uncensored, and capitalized. Try to make it look purdy too. If you would like to avoid strong language, do as I do.

SCREW YOU, OBAMA! SCREW YOU, ACTA!
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:29 am

I'm sorry but it seems my undeveloped 12 year old mind cannot comprehend the full meaning of this. Does it mean ACTA is going to make internet providers intrude on our privacy and search for copyright infringements acts we have done on the internet?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:59 pm

If this doesn't shed some light, I don't know what will. Basically, what ACTA is doing is monitor people who are accused of dealing with copyright infringed data, and those who are not. It means that you'll have a nice fat officer look at all your album photos on your personal computer just to make sure you haven't downloaded anything illegal. Not just that, but if you come up with an idea, chances are you may be shot down and will have to pay a fine in order to protect that idea from being copied, even though it was yours to start with, some other dude with a pocket full of money might tip off the wrong attorney to sue you. Also, they plan on stopping trades for certain medicine and seeds that may be vital for other countries, since they are trying to fight against the drug market. Worst of it all, if your internet provider agrees to sign ACTA, you will not be notified of this, and before you know it, your private information and privacy will be unveiled. Watch out, Unknown, you could be monitored right now. As for me, I don't think this ACTA is going to be healthy for the novel I am writing.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:28 pm

WTF? Why the F*** DO THEY EVEN CARE?
455holes..

Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Unknown wrote:
I'm sorry but it seems my undeveloped 12 year old mind cannot comprehend the full meaning of this. Does it mean ACTA is going to make internet providers intrude on our privacy and search for copyright infringements acts we have done on the internet?
There are 2 main things

One, they have every right to invade your privacy under this law, without you having actually done anything wrong. You lose many, many, social rights with this. Your internet activity is all laid out for any interested authority to see, your very views filed, and that is not only restricted to authorities but also extended to copyright owners themselves. Then again the majority of the U.S. population has not yet understood what the anti-terrorism law has done to their rights, so that would be even harder to get. If your 12 year old mind cannot comprehend the value of privacy it will someday, hopefully.

Two, it is the same thing of holding hosts liable for the actions of their users. That means they are obliged to be severely policing any social interraction. The only way to do that successfully is completely controlled communication, since if you allow users to freely communicate and type whatever they want they can commit copyright infringment for which you can be held liable by law. Imo it will be hard to even keep forums like this, the time when you will no longer be able to freely communicate over the internet (to the point where you just won't be able to type in things or massive filters making you use only preset phrases etc.) in order to avoid the chance you may violate copyrights is not that far away really. Think of it like this. Since a stable system would desire a controlled internet and means of communication, in the case a site would allow free communication it would simply take a """"""random user"""""" to post a torrent link on it, while of course easily bypassing filters, and that being caught before the site was cleaned by its administration, to close down that site and go as far as to presecute its owners.

How do you call the government system where you are constantly afraid of being presecuted for what you might say again?
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:16 am

I see now what ACTA would do to our internet if is passes. And Obama is in support of ACTA. So, when and who will be deciding if ACTA will take effect in the U.S?
Back to top Go down
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Wynchester

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Unknown wrote:
I see now what ACTA would do to our internet if is passes. And Obama is in support of ACTA. So, when and who will be deciding if ACTA will take effect in the U.S?

Unfortunately, Obama already signed it and is claiming he has the authority to make it pass on his own.

Frankly, this is bull crap and in America, it is unconstitutional meaning Americans are safe as this cannot take higher authority than our constitution. It would have to get amended. Which means American servers are technically safe from it as it cant legally touch the American people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/michaelwynwyn
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:21 pm

I'd hate to inform you once again that constitutions don't mean shit nowadays, as citizens are not willing to defend them. Let me put it this way, the law is anti-constitutional. The law passes. The law is applied. Who will do anything about it? You already have the anti-terrorism laws in there just fine and completely in effect, in what way is ACTA more anti-constitutional than that?
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:42 am

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH! So you mean this has already passed? Our internet providers are already searching through our stuff?!
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 am

Getting informed from Anonymous is fun!

Speaking of which, it's awesome how all bills in the U.S. are apparently refered to by simple and easy to remember catchy acronyms, implying an actual descriptive and valid name, made of, god forbid, actual words, is too much for the people's brains to handle. Good ol' toddler friendly america.

"Hmm, what is this...? Anti Counterffffffff- AAAAARGH, BIG WORDS, MY BRAIN BURNS, STOP IT!!!!!!
Why do you have to bother me with how this country is governed, just drop some easy to remember acronyms every now and then so I can pretend I understand and a dual option multiple choice question every 5 years to randomly select a leader..."
And then kimo's "I am a real american!" song plays
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm

I have a question. Why medicines and pills?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

Waifu : fireraven23

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 am

Oh my God, who the hell DOESN'T care? Well, apparently my friends b*tchy mother, she said "it won't affect me, it's an American bill". She said the same thing about SOPA ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes 3949281130
I don't get why America is trying to ruin other countries with itself. Seems pointless.

Oh, and has the bill been passed in Canada yet?
Back to top Go down
Gusto Emissary
WDA Member
WDA Member
Gusto Emissary

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Darkmega500

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 am

Quote :

I believe it's their so called "attempt" to stop or reduce imports and trades on illegal drugs on Marijuana and such. It's really stupid how all this stuff is going along swimmingly while the Judicial branch isn't doing anything about it. Or anyone else for that matter. If I remember correctly it's their job to get rid of any laws or regulations that are unconstitutional. And what ever happened to Checks and Balances? Where the branches make sure the others aren't doing anything retarded. Oh wait, it's happening right now == Anyways, society these days don't really care as long as they make a quick buck in the end.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 am

Red wrote:
Oh, and has the bill been passed in Canada yet?

See OP, second spoiler.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
Vaati

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Vaati

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 am

so sopa and pipa were just distractions from the the real thing... I guess I'll move to northern korea now to keep my liberty >.>
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 am

Darkmega500 wrote:
Quote :

I believe it's their so called "attempt" to stop or reduce imports and trades on illegal drugs on Marijuana and such. It's really stupid how all this stuff is going along swimmingly while the Judicial branch isn't doing anything about it. Or anyone else for that matter. If I remember correctly it's their job to get rid of any laws or regulations that are unconstitutional. And what ever happened to Checks and Balances? Where the branches make sure the others aren't doing anything retarded. Oh wait, it's happening right now == Anyways, society these days don't really care as long as they make a quick buck in the end.
guys, this is about copyrights/patents. The medicine part of it is about patents.
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:19 am

F*ck. Since it's in Canada, my doctors can now kill me, and my internet provider can arrest me. I'm moving to Fiji.

Oh, and Al, for future reference, when someone doesn't get something, you give a quick, simple summary, not a large boring speech.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Red wrote:
F*ck. Since it's in Canada, my doctors can now kill me, and my internet provider can arrest me. I'm moving to Fiji.

Oh, and Al, for future reference, when someone doesn't get something, you give a quick, simple summary, not a large boring speech.
Oh, I forgot people around here are incapable of understanding words. Next time I'll bring it down to the average intelligence level here, so pretty much baby talk. As a side note, if I am being long winded it is because that is the way to get my point across at the time. If you don't like it don't read it.

btw, go ahead and give a quick, simple summary to someone about the reprocutions of a law without either being innaccurate, lying or seeming like you are attempting to manipulating them by oversimplifying.
Oh, wait, many and big words, people's brains are going to fry again.
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Forget it. You obviously can't comprehend simple words.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:15 am

While the majority might have given ACTA the nod, there are three large pieces that need to sign as well, before ACTA takes effect: The European Union, Mexico, and Switzerland. Chances are if they refuse, ACTA could take a serious hit, but I'm not sure myself. If ACTA does in fact pass, better start filling that computer of yours with 10 GB of po...pony art. (Kudos to anyone who gets my joke).
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 am

I'm gonna pretend that I don't get it. Oh yeah! Pony art!

ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes 129030333240865561

Don't sign it!
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 am

Beforehand, I will say this is double-posting and I'm sorry for that, but I'm afraid that it won't receive much attention if I just edit my previous post.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnonMessage#p/u/3/C7DkMrC57TE

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/249863/eu_parliament_chief_speaks_out_against_acta.html

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/creating-opportunities/trade-topics/intellectual-property/anti-counterfeiting/

I found these videos and article, but I'm unsure of the truth in these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes   ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes Empty

Back to top Go down

ACTA - Advanced Corporative Tech Assholes
Page 1 of 1