World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wynchester's Duel Types

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Wynchester

Wynchester's Duel Types Empty
PostSubject: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey people! Here are some duel types I made/revised. If this is the wrong place, please move it.

Deck Master:

Token Duel:

Stamina:

for those who want to see the rules of Sudden Death...

Sudden Death Duel:

and finally...

Twilight Duel:

Critique and spread these duels. They are all fun and hold their own challenges. And I'd like to know if these may be granted permission to be duels that can be counted as official.

Last edited by wynchester on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/michaelwynwyn
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 pm

No, they cannot be counted as official.
Back to top Go down
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

PostSubject: Re: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 am

Aww... ok I dont mind. Well? What do you think of the duels though, AL?
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 am

after reading the first thing of the first duel i already didnt know what was going on
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:51 am

Stamina and sudden death:
Solemn Judgment, a very good card, uses half your life points and wastes itself to negate an activation or summon.
Your "stamina" lets them do the negation part 9 times in one game without actually wasting a card so at an absolute +1
Not to mention that if they use solemn wishes for example they have infinite solemn judgments, which cannot be stopped because if you try to destroy that they'll stop you with their infinite solemn judgments
And yes, being able to do that just twice is still too much.

Twillight: Is going to end either turn 1 or turn 2, exodia or not, even if you ban every burn strategy in the game, then whoever is going second is going to win with an aggro otk strategy.

We used to have deck masters at TWA (before my time) but they died out. It's way too complicated to implement and can be easily abused.

The thing is that this game is ok as it is but only because people are constantly working on keeping it viable, so when you make up a new format it is bound to not be as good as the original game, because you haven't worked as much on it and even if you do have the know-how of it you are still bound to make errors that will allow loopholes etc. Konami has the banlist for it, but until each banlist is implemented a great amount of time passes, and because those formats are not going to last that long they will always be abusable. That's my opinion on alternate formats in general.
Back to top Go down
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

PostSubject: Re: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:20 am

I see what you mean. Any way to balance these out more? (I'm taking out the negation thing for Stamina, that wasn't even my idea anyways so I dont care.)

I can work out Twilight to be better also...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wynchester's Duel Types   Wynchester's Duel Types Empty

Back to top Go down

Wynchester's Duel Types
Page 1 of 1