World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Letter from the Ripper

Go down 
+2
Dragonclaw
J.J. Knight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Letter from the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 am

The following is the introduction letter of my book, The Seattle Massacre. The letter was written two years after the first book took place (you will see the serial killer write the letter in the final book of the series). I'm posting my letter and a chapter of my book for obvious reasons (it's not PG, sorry kiddo's!) so I hope you enjoy the introduction letter and sample my better writing.

Dear Reader,

If you are reading this letter, then I am no longer alive or I have been caught by the FBI. The following is a record of my achievements. If I assume the reader is FBI Agent Crystal Bosque working on this case, then I shall assist you in figuring out my agenda so we can continue our game. I am confident in my abilities. I will accomplish my mission. I am sure that you are wondering what I hope to accomplish. If you are reading this letter, then you are one step closer to discovering what that agenda may be. However, I doubt that these files I stole would come to any use to you other than preventing someone else from reading these classified notes. Knowing you, you already figured out what I plan to do and tracked me down to this location only to discover that I am no longer here. If you wish to stop me, time is running out. It is only a matter of time before my objective is met.

If this is not the FBI agent working on the case, I will tell you the events of the terrible tragedy that took place during these last seven years. My real name shall be anonymous, for I am a ghost with no name. I will be the creator of your nightmares. I will be your narrator and take you through the realms of madness. If you have a weak stomach, I advise you not to read beyond this passage. I am very detailed when it comes to telling a story. I will not leave anything out about how I have fooled those who attempted to capture me by dancing in their faces and laughing at their frustrations as each attempt to bring me to justice failed.

Now that I have given you a fair warning about to what you are about to read, I shall tell you what this letter is all about. The yellow envelope you found contains the files of the Ripper Case started by Homicide Detective Richard Holcomb and continued by the FBI. I have managed to steal the information and mixed what you are about to read with details of the murders, the stories of the people involved, and my personal experiences with this case. You have been warned. To continue reading, open the envelope labeled “The Ripper Case” and begin reading of the horrors within. There you will read my accomplishments. Happy reading.

Your Friend,

“Jack” The Ripper

Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 am

Wow, that is really good! When you publish this book, be sure to give me the title so I can buy it!
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:17 am

Such detalailed yet very moving!
When are you planning to publish it?
I hope soon! ^^
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 am

The title will be "The Seattle Massacre".

I'm currently working on the third draft. I'm peer reading it before I send it in to my editor for the final draft. I hope it's on shelves sometime in August-October.
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:33 am

The Joker wrote:
Fan-Fics must be yu-gi-oh related.
:x

Lol, j/k. This is a very compelling hook that many modern stories I've tried to read lack. Good luck on your literary aspirations.

Last edited by AsianGuy1137 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks AsianGuy1137
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:39 am

This is actually pretty good.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 am

This is awesome man I can't wait for you to make the whole thing... :o 8)
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:06 pm

The whole thing is written. I just have to let my editor read it make some grammatical changes.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 am

Hey J.J, isn't this based off a true story? Jack the Ripper and those massacres. Jack's a famous serial killer. A very famous one.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:07 am

I think it's based off a copycat killer, considering the 's.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:11 am

No, this isn't based on real murders. This story is purely fictional. Jack is simply an alias he uses after he gets the title "The Ripper" from the locals in the area which he began killing in the first book, thus becoming The Ripper Case.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:15 am

Oh.. So the guy just uses that as his title. That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:16 am

Victory is less fun when nobody gets it. :(
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:23 am

Not when you're me. I always win.

Yeah. It's not till the second book where you find out his first name and the sixth where you find out his surname.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Ripper   Letter from the Ripper Empty

Back to top Go down

Letter from the Ripper
Page 1 of 1