World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When you joined...

Go down 
+13
7h3 J0|{3r
Neku Sakuraba
AsianShadow
RD
judge
Bunny Haruhi
Minako
Fish
psychoturtle
J.J. Knight
Unknown
raye
Al-Bhed
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 am

It's come up some times, how were things when we joined the community, and I felt nostalgic, so I decided to make a topic about it for us to tell...

I joined late september 2010, the place was pretty inactive at the time and I think I've mentioned it few times but my twa "generation" (people who joined at around the same time) was with eco and mole (our introduction topics were 2 days apart actually), it was around that time that Maximillion Pegasus was stepping down, it was also a bit before mina was going to become admin if I remember correct, Joker wwould become a tester in a while, Unforgiven Pretender was still an admin but stepped down shortly afterwards and what I remember from kimo from back then was that he was holding every position of power in twa at the time. Kitsouki and Ryan were mods if I think then. Dorm leaders were mina, chuckles and ahty, and the people who I had a hard time against in games were dew, black knight and najex. Don't ask about the PE, it existed only as a section back then it seems...

I remember being too shy back then, probably because I didn't know anyone really and took my a while to get to know people, quoting mina from our test results
Minako wrote:
He could be a bit more talkative though. >.<

For some reason one of the people I remember more from back then was also Asian Guy but that's probably because we put our fanfics up at around the same time, which was about 2 weeks after I joined...

Other things also happened later and other people left me impressions, but that's a story for another time, since it wasn't immidiatelly after I joined.

AND the purpose of this post is I am curious about the rest of you. What about you guys, what was your generation, what was the state of the place/community then, who was in power etc. Whether you joined before or after me I wanna hear your side of things.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:07 am

My state of generation came before you Al i came one herein June or July of 2010. So you can pretty much say i am part of your generation. I might not be able to remember all the things al did above but i did remember UP being Admin and alot of things were still around like the jackpot and duelmasters.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:37 am

I can't really say I've been here long because I join just this year, but hopefully people have gotten to know me and accepted me in this academy. Unlike al I don't think I was really shy to start with at all. blink Rjuto tested me and I pulled a few jokes. I gotta say at that time I was really nervous that I would be a noob at Yu-Gi-Oh compared to others. I guess my humor (or as Fish call, my mental disorder) pulled me through. I started Yu-Gi-Oh pretty recently too. Just last year is when I went to to Rite Aid and bought a starter deck and then about a week later I bought the Warrior's Strike structure deck. And now I'm online making decks and dueling. This is the place where I actually shine in Yu-Gi-Oh because I'm only 11. I got no cash, can't go to tournaments, and got a suckish deck. (Blackwings that isn't even finished! I'm still on getting a Vayu)
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 am

I came around when TWA was at its peak. Pegasus, Unforgiven Pretender, and Phoenix were the three admins, Dark Rabbit, The Detonator, and I forget who else were the Dorm Leaders at the time. I quickly got involved with the staff within my first week of joining. I helped them organize dozens of events. Pegasus and Unforgiven Pretender immediately discussed making me a Moderator, but The Detonator resigned from Dorm Leader. As a result, Pegasus and Unforgiven Pretender made me the Kingdom Dorm Leader, Tester, and Moderator. I put a lot of work into TWA and organizing events. I tested a majority of the of members that I still see around today.

When DMG came around, I grew infatuated with her and made her our 'Mascot'. (Please note that I was not infatuated with the character, but the actual person). However, the stress of school, past injuries, severe lack of sleep, and just worn out all together, I resigned from all positions (Much to the delight of DMG and Minako and sorrow to others). I attempted my own site, PU, but we couldn't attract members and I was 'too strict'. I still look back at my tenor as Kingdom Dorm Leader and see it as a success, despite how 'strict' I was.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:41 am

Well I am pretty now since I joined at the start of May,a sign of my comeback in this game. I was looking for posts on KCVDS website for more updates(before I saw DN) and saw that TWA advertisement so I decided to join this as the new academy I will join. When I posted my introduction no1 and i repeat no1 replied which made me think that its a dead inactive academy or the people are just rude and inconsiderate. But I was very wrong. I got to meet the people on TWA chat(I believe the first were Fish Kimo and Al with Minako and DMG a bit later but I can't remember so well.) and they are more than awesome. I am glad I clicked an advertisement for once and will never regret it. smile
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:12 am

I was in TWA with Kro, then went with him to PU, and came back when Hayzel stopped touching me in inappropriate places.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:46 am

I joined april 3rd, 2010. I don't have to look that up because that was the day my gf broke up with me exactly 2 weeks before her birthday, on the day we celebrated my baby sister's first birthday. Joelie actually turned 1 on the first but we celebrated it on Saturday. Usagi was trying to cheer me up so she showed me twa. She had shown it to me before but I just glanced over it and ignored it. Forums weren't really my thing truth be told.

I joined twa and made a big impact I think. Peggy, Up, and Jacky were admins at the time. Vaati, Arbok, and Mai were dorm leaders (Mai took over for someone but I forget who) If there were any mods I couldn't tell you who they were. I spammed like a mother f**ker and within a month (thanks to Kimo spamming the posting games with me) I became a top poster. I was having lots of fun doing it too. I got a free avi from Kimo right away because he didn't like the one I made for myself and I was constantly avoiding being tested despite people bugging me to do it. I wasn't use to kcvds and was a bit out of practice. I must have told Arbok "no" a dozen times. I know most of the members thought I was a girl thanks to my name, avatars and my ignoring when I was called a girl. If anyone asked me, I told them I was a boy but most people believed I was messing with those people. Kimo for example refused to believe I was a boy for the longest time.

At the end of the month when I became a top poster I also became a moderator along with Ryan. Honestly...I was new and full of energy because I was new and bored. New things are always fun. I took to my position like a fish to water. I was probably both a blessing and a curse to the staff. I did everything and more for the forum as a mod but bitched out the staff like wildfire for not doing enough. Now I can understand that they were tired but at the time I couldn't. Within 2 months I was tested by Up and placed as a shining member. One week later I became the Shining Dorm Leader.

Sorry if that was a bit long but I could honestly put more...I have a good memory. I'll show you guys my original avatar and siggy made by Kimo sometime.I'm feeling nostalgic now too....fuck you Al.
Back to top Go down
Bunny Haruhi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bunny Haruhi

Waifu : Sailor Venus(Soon to

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 am

Ok here goes the wonderful life, of the Dark Magician Girl, (And yes I do consider myself to be the Black Rose Witch, for I grow powerful when I am more pist off and furious) But, I am also sweet and cute, just like Dark Maigician Girl smile. So now i proceed to my wonder story of how i came to be in TWA. When I first came, and this is before i joined TWA, I always hung around Minako, On messenger and we'd talk so much about dueling and have these duels online, meaning on the messenger IM. So when i got tired of dueling, cause of many stupid things that Yugioh always had, i decided to look about the web, and find some more interesting stuff. As I continued my search, I came across "TOON World Academy". At first I didnt realize what type of forum this was, but because of my knowledge of of previous past forum experiences, from Online Gaming, such as Counter-strike, and Half-life and such, I read on the forums and it just intruiged me so much. It made me feel like a little girl with ice cream in my hands, and i was excited. The reason was because of the dorm system, I noticed it had DMG, as their dorm mascot, I was very well eager to want to be that dorm's mascot, and take on the character that I am now and will always be known to be and thats "The Dark Magician Girl". I registered to TWA, and got my dueling set to Kingdom Dorm, when I dueled agianst a Krobra, who later became my Dorm Leader of Kingdom Dorm. Fascinated by my skills and my character look alikes to "Dark Magician Girl" Krobra decided to make me Kingdom Dorm Mascot. From there and on, I went on to making Kingdom Dorm as it was, fun, enjoying, and peaceful, without any drama.

The Fun continued on, untill it was time for me to share my good findings to my Dear Minako, since He loved to, duel and i figured that if i brought him in, he would love this place much as I would. So i told him and invited him to TWA. He enjoyed it so much that now as it is today, he is still with us, making things fun and interesting for all us duelists. But then there came a time, when i went berserk. I wasent myself, and "The Dark Magician Girl" you thought of being sweet and nice, just became someone else. I was causing drama, and making so many problems and mistakes in TWA, that had me either banned or just plain disiciplined in the most difficulting condition ever. There i became this way, was of my lack of dueling skills, and the prescence known, of finding out that my IRL father had Pacreatic Cancer. Things went along, as they did, and i dissappeared more than usual, and I was never the same. But with the help my Minako, and Others, to try to make me feel better, it helped, but nothing could take my away of losing my father. On, April, 2nd, 2011, my father had passed away from Pacreatic Cancer, i lost it completely, and all the help and support only made me feel like i had nothing at all. I shooed away all the friends and, people that loved and cared about me, but to only regret it in the end. As time went on, I managed to pull myself back together again, and be the lively, Sweet Dark Magician Girl, i used to be in the past, without no drama or pain to feel about everything that has happened in the past with me.

I stood by Minako, hidden untill things cleared up in TWA, and things just only got worse, as they progressed, but now that the Admins staff changed, and new people started arising, and the move to another forum, was what i felt like I needed to be myself again. And as of today after couple months later, I Am myself again, being happy, being fun, and yelling at people like i usually do (Hence where The Black Rose Witch, developed from, from horrid feelings, and traumatic experiences ive had in the past). And here am now, to try to make the best of this forum and continue on to having fun, and making more friends, and keeping the friends i love dearly and close to me as I reside in this forum.

The End.

~Dark Magician Girl
Back to top Go down
judge
WDA Member
WDA Member
judge

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : Judge

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:55 am

Well personally i dont remember well but i joined twa when jj was there as shadow dorm leader and the detonator was the kingdom one, dont really remeber who was shining leader at that time, that was around december of 2009, i was tested by pegasus and even tought i was never and official tester him handed me some guys to test, then i went inactive for a long time lol, i remember i returned when there was something called the shining tower or something like that, and then i went inactive again... sorry university issues, finally i returned agian when the domr sistem changed to forest and such.

Last edited by judge on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:59 am

Ragingdarkness94051 before coming here was a talentless yugioh player on kcvds, I joined in the first 2 weeks of May and looking at TWA it looked like a good place. I'm blanking on who gave me my test.... Dew maybe?? anyway My buddy from my youth group suggested i looked at TWA and i thought TWA what's this going to do for me? But i'm a much better deck builder and i'm getting better everytime. After Durzo's last attack i attacked him back on DDA spamming him because i was just that upset he did that to us. Of coruse i got banned from his site but then we moved here. And the story lives on. Currently the only person i can't take down is PsychoTurtle but one day i will at the rate of development i see from me since i got here i will beat him. I may have not been with the TWA family for every long but It's finally great to not feel like (fill in word with: poop) because of my real life. Seriously you guys this is my first academy and you guys are all like family even thought i know you guys from just here. It feels nice. Anyway this is Ragingdarkness94051 talking about when he joined TWA/WDA
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:18 am

I joined some time before Durzo ****** the first time.
I remember Wolf Ryski and Durzo still here.
TWA was a peaceful forum.
I recall Ro Ro testing me.
I was made lots of mistakes and I was using some Meta decks like G-Beasts lol.
KCVDS was what we used for dueling.
As I entered the forum,I made a few friends along the way and I am here now.
Still dueling,and still active as ever.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:58 am

Now I maybe off topic here but I gotta say... :( ... Usagi's post what heartbreaking. :(
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 am

RagingDarkness94051 wrote:
Currently the only person i can't take down is PsychoTurtle
TWA/WDA

Siggy material. Thanks blink
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

FYI Psycho the quote= thing doesn't work, just put ~Name at the end
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:38 am

Yea I figured that out JUST before I read this post :P it works when I preview it only.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am

Unknown wrote:
Now I maybe off topic here but I gotta say...
:( ... Usagi's post was heartbreaking. :(

You stole the words straight from my mind,lol

anyway

I was a duelist since i was 10 or so,i left it for some time
(BTW,when i was child,all i could get were fakesof the original cards)
but i came back to dueling about 2 years ago,this time,buying real
cards,i liked dueling and i still like it,but visiting my locals so often
made dueling kind of boring,i wanted a new challenge,or at least to
duel new ppl,and,by destiny or idk what, :lol!: i came to found an
old USB flash memory,when i was checking the files it had,i came
across the .EXE of KCVDS,but being kinda old,i needed it to update
it,so i went to download it again from KCVDS site and i came across
the announcement of TWA,i checked the site and i said"why not,this
could be fun"

I Updated my KCVDS and joined(that was on april 23 this year,if im
not mistaken),wasnt about 3 hours i joined the site i got tested by
Rjuto,i earned myself rank 1 and joined cyber city,i remeber,the one
i dueled first (not official) was RoRo, from there i started to socialize
with everyone in the chat and then made TWA my home,i liked this
place so much,that after Durzo Bi*** third attack,the admins decided
to make a new forum,WDA, i was from the first to join since i was
eager to get back my home.

Big things i Presenced since my joning to TWA/WDA
RoRo started to do The Cynical Duelist card of the week review
the start of TWA free team war
Durzo Bi*** First Attack:Takeover
Al-Bhed announcing via chatango he had recovered the Master account
The start of the Roleplay Section
Durzo Bi*** Second attack:trying to pull TWA members to his own acad
TWA period of inactivity
Durzo Bi*** Third Attack:Another Takeover
The Creation of World Dueling Academy
Back to top Go down
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

Waifu : Jokercard

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Ok well I joined TWA back in December of 2009 around that time the admins were UP, Mr.P and Aster. I couldnt remember who the mods were but I got tested and put into Krobra's (J.J Knight) Kingdom dorm at this time DMG was floating around Kingdom Dorm as our mascot, I didnt do much for the first 3 months aside from send suggestions via PM to UP or Mr.P.

After those 3 months I started posting and dueling, I wasn't that good and didn't like synchro monsters (big mistake) so I avoided using them so I got my self beat a lot, I started to use synchros and started to pick up on certain cards that can be used in all decks as well as certain cards that could help the current decks I was using. After Krobra stepped down as Kingdom Leader and zerix took over I dont remember much about him but he left soon afterwards and chuckles took his place. Chuckles seemed to want to do a lot fo the dorm so I decided to help him and was eventually promoted to being chuckles right hand man in kingdom which quickly led to myself being promoted to the rank of moderator and shortly after that becomming a tester.

It wasnt until December 2010 that MInako asked me to become an admin as TWA was starting to gain activity again but he needed someone he trusted to become and admin as he was going away for a few days and ever since them I've pretty much being an admin, fighting off durzo (from the time he got here I might add). After the last durzo attack and with Minako gone from TWA I made the call to move us to another forum to stop us from having so many security issues from not having a proper founder account, the other staff agreed and by the looks of our numbers most of the TWA regulars agreed to move to, Minako returned to us (not sure for how long) and here we are.

TWA/WDA Life story over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 am

Well, as some of you might now, I am one of three founders of TWA. On july 17th 2009, I founded TWA together with Maximillion Pegasus and Aster Phoenix.
Before I talk about the first months of TWA, let me take you back to where TWA started as a concept. Me and Pegasus were members of Light Duel Academy. We both were in the Obelisk Blue Dorm and we became great friends. His name was War2142 back then. (Don't know if I have the numbers correct, but meh.) Around march 2009, War2142 changed his name to Maximillion Pegasus. He came to me shortly after that, saying he wanted to create his own academy. He asked me if I wanted to be an admin together with him. I was very excited, so I agreed. We wanted the name of the academy to be something with 'toon'. So, around may 2009 we came up with the name 'Toon World Academy'. We spent a lot of time with creating concepts of how we wanted the academy to be, we shared many ideas. Eventually in june 2009, MP made loads of images for the forum. Banners and such. When he was done with that, he created the forum. The week after creation we both spent a lot of time in coding the forum, making topics and tweaking everything in the way we wanted them to.
In this week, we also appointed staff. Aster Phoenix was an admin at LDA, so we asked him to aid us with adminning. He accepted, and thus we had three admins. Most dorms at the time had slifer, ra and obelisk. We wanted something different. We were Toon World Academy, and we decided we would be awesome. So, we made three dorms; Shadow Purple, Kingdom Yellow and Shining Blue. The leaders were Dark Rabbit (MP's youngest brother), The Detonator and DanceJonDance.
Everyone seemed to love the idea of a different academy, with a fun theme as Toon World, so we were quite active. This also was the time that LDA died after it's prime time, so we got loads of it's members joining TWA. About three months after TWA's creation, MP and DJD were having loads of verbal fights in the staff section with me in the middle. This escalated to the point that DJD decided to leave TWA. The Detonator followed, and they created Turbo Duel Academy shortly after this. (Another dead academy right now)
Krobra took the spot of Kingdom Leader and the spot of Shining Leader was taken by many people during TWA's existence, but many failed to be active at being leader.
Even though all these changes in staff, TWA was doing great. About half a year later (I think) Aster Phoenix became inactive, until he got demoted to normal member a long time after that. He unfortunately never returned to the world of dueling.
We initially wanted to make Krobra admin. He basically was part of the admins unofficialy, since MP and I discussed loads of things with him. He was just such an awesome dorm leader that we didn't want him to stop doing that, so we didn't promote him.

Well, this was the first half year of TWA, I think. I might post more of TWA's history soon, but I don't know everything in the right chronological order anymore. Any volunteers who would like to help me with making a TWA History topic?.
Back to top Go down

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 am

So yea i made an account just to post here xD

hmm i think i joined somewhere around june, anyways when i joined Mai was stepping down as dorm leader and Anbu was steping up (he was dorm leader for a few moments but then he went inactive) i believe Kobra and Vaati where the Kindgom and Shining dorm leaders at that time respectivly. I remember MP, UP and Dr. Jackal being the admins and i also remember a lot of names from back then. I remember Joker's old name, for 500 credits i'll reveal it xD. I also remember my random ham talks with Fish xD.

So much stuff happened that it would take forever to name it all so i'll just leave a list of names and stuff so you can all remember:

-SBA
-TKK (The Kuriboh Knights) and the Team system
-Change of Dorm names
-TWA 1st Year Awards
-The Change of guard (this is the name that i gave to the brief period of time where all the dorm leaders and Admins changed)
-The Black Knights (when TWA was hacked)
-Aster Phoenix comeback from the dead and the attempted Article review system
-Dorm Competitions

And Guess what xD i still remember who tested me! Dr. Chuckles did and he pounded me so hard with a plant deck
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 am

Before TWA was open for the public, I was invited by MP, and surprisingly, I was the tenth member to join the forum in July 2009. He asked me to open a shop and make KCVDS skins for the old version of the system. Many stuff happened here and there, and my knowledge over the staff section was a little foggy since I wasn't actually part of the staff then.
At the start of 2010, MP needed a new leader for the Industrial Illusions Staff, and asked me to take up that role. Not sure if I did much compared to yuseifudo33, but I tried. I didn't have sharp GFX at that time either.
When MP stepped down, UP panicked and quickly asked me to become an administrator. I laughed and snickered because I thought he was horsing around, but as soon as I realized that he wasn't, I accepted the invitation (I'm sure MP and UP had talked about it at some point).
I stayed as an admin till the start of 2011, where I let go of my position so I could focus on other stuff. I was wanted again by the staff a few weeks later, and so I made it back as a moderator. Things went well till Durzo hacked the forum. I was promoted as an admin so I could help out with putting the forum back together with Joker and Al since Mina decided to take a long hiatus. When Durzo came back, WDA spawned afterward, and here we are.
I still remember most of the other stuff. Just ask me whenever.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:12 pm

I joined in late July 2009, around the time of TWA's creation. I really had nothing to do with the staff or really anyone at the time, I have absolutely no starting ties with anyone. I ended up wondering to the site because someone was advertising it in KCVDS with the opening tournament coming up soon and my friend heard about it and informed me. From there, myself and two friends of mine, Bikke, who quit long, long ago and Ai_Love who makes random experiences once in a blue moon joined the site... DanceJonDance tested me into TWA, now how many people can say that? Rofl. It's really hard to explain how I remember early TWA, but it was homely, and there was a strong sense of unity and friendliness among the dorms, that I remember most definately... maybe I'm just being nostalgic in remembering it that way though. All I can say for certain though is a lot of people have come and a lot of people have gone...

The first people I made pretty decent friends with was Requiem, F and Detonator, all of them not being around anymore. I was pretty narb back then and would just post about and duel every once and a while, lols. I remember also making really good friends with a member named LordShull, whom I invited to the site. He used to duel me like 5 times a day and I would beat him almost every single time. xD; This was a long, long time ago though. I also remember at this time Testers were being looked for and I applied to be one. After a full month I got a PM inviting me to join the tester staff and I turned it down at the time because I felt I needed to concentrate on school work as well as get better at the game.

Then came the Krobra phase, lulz. I took a small break from TWA and when I came back, he was the dorm leader. I also invited a friend of mine, Yokura to the site and the both of us got to know him really well. Maybe I don't agree with him 100% on things and we don't see eye to eye all the time, but he really was a great leader and honestly become kind of the image of TWA for me during then. If a tournament was going on and I wasn't at TWA, he'd find me on a messenger and say, "HEY, HEY. KITOUSKI. YOU KNOW WHAT OUR TOURNAMENT NEEDS-" lol. Awesome guy, and good at nagging without being dreadfully annoying, LOL.

I know I first became involved with the staff when help for the "TWA News" was wanted. I asked them how I can help and pretty much found out that the project was a slaughtered mess of confusion, so I ended up writing and even HTML scripting a TWA Newspaper from top to bottom and posting it up on my own. From there it was just a series of events...

Then brings up the recent and now which most of you already know, AND BECAUSE OF THAT, I'm sick of typing, let's call that good, rofl.
Back to top Go down
dew
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
dew

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : dew

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:42 am

Wazz up ppl yea LOL I joined TWA 1yr and 1 day ago on the 29-06-2010.My tester was Ballen1521 back then and I was running some light deck which put me in the lowest dorm with Rank 3.Hmmmm I remember Chuckles was Kingdom dorm leader Athy got promoted to my dorm leader(which I cant even remeber the name LOL) and cant remember who Shining was.Kit and UP where Admins and only ever got to meet and talk to Max.P once.The daily Jackpot was going strong then and had it a few times but never at the end of the month to cash it in.The duelest I remember the most was Joker,Ao and Najex in which I used to have some epic duels against them and DMG was hanging around but dident get to duel that often.I would say maybe about 6 mounths ago TWA was slowly dying of then in the last 3 months its become very active with a hole lot of new ppl joing and becomeing alive agan which is awesome to see.
Kea Kaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When you joined... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you joined...   When you joined... Empty

Back to top Go down

When you joined...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: