World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)

Go down 
+5
rjuto
Minako
Al-Bhed
D JR
The Cynical Duelist
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) Empty
PostSubject: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:48 am

Okay guys you've voted and i'm here to tell you how awesome trent can be!!!!

This badass for started a tree! Think treebeard epic! This mofo can take any deck and allow it to FTK like nothing before!

You know that time when you were walking through the woods and you thought you were being followed... that was this bugger watching you walk. He even watches you sleep!!!

So why use him in a deck?

TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) 14bqarm

He's a level 5!!! so this means he need to be tributed, but dont worry he can also be summoned with lonefire blossom, the most unbalanced play in yugioh because it can turn into an FTK!

A guardian of the woods, this massive tree is believed to be immortal. With a description like this!!! its obvious he's a staple in every deck because of his immortal ability!

But what cards can work with him?

Well first he's earth... a tree of the land, he must be respected so therefore adding more of his plant friends to aide him is advised, glow up bulb can be used to make a Naturia barkion, brionac, or any level 6 synchro you need, gigaplant can special summon him. EVERYONE WANTS TO BE WITH THE TRENT!!!

Not only this but he's MASSIVE so when a chaos endmaster needs help killing a monster he can summon him from the deck to synchro for a level 8!!! Giving your deck even more PRO powers!

Sangan, giant rat these are just 2 guys who want trent by their side!!!

He also has a lot of tricks up his sleeve thats he's learned over the eternity he's lived on this planet so some of his ANCIENT RULES can special summon him back from the graveyard for a synchro summon or to be used as a tribute. Other tricks he has include Justi break and wall of thorns, these bad boys can defend your trent in order to pull off the trent FTK by basically being 2 extra mirror forces you can run at 3!

You can remove him with spore to make spore a level 6 tuner and use your tokens for a blackrose dragon too!!! Plus combine with the tomato crew "inmato" "cherry inmato" you can make level 10's for huge power plays...

and another reason why you should play this badass piece of bark is because this monster has the distinction, so far, of having the highest DEF of all Normal Plant-Type monsters. So suck it WALL OF IVY!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this trent review and I look forward to seeing your decks on thursday!!

Have fun on the dueling field Boulder Canyon

The Cynical Duelist

BEHOLD THE TRENT DECK!!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:08 am

I lost in a rated match 2 times because I used this deck. Dx! It seems I couldn't get Trent on the field.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 am

Tour Guide of the Underworld gets Sangan which gets Lonefire which gets Trent, you should know stuff like this already.
EDIT: It can be summoned with birthright, be used for White Elephant's Gift and if it gets stuck in hand you can use it for common charity, they just keep coming.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
Tour Guide of the Underworld gets Sangan which gets Lonefire which gets Trent, you should know stuff like this already.
EDIT: It can be summoned with birthright, be used for White Elephant's Gift and if it gets stuck in hand you can use it for common charity, they just keep coming.

THIS CARD MUST BE USED IN EVERY DECK!
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 am

The Cynical Duelist wrote:
He also has a lot of tricks up his sleeve thats he's learned over the eternity he's lived on this planet so some of his ANCIENT RULES can special summon him back from the graveyard for a synchro summon or to be used as a tribute.

ancient rules...works from the hand. You mean swing of memories.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 am

Minako wrote:
He also has a lot of tricks up his sleeve thats he's learned over the eternity he's lived on this planet so some of his ANCIENT RULES can special summon him back from the graveyard for a synchro summon or to be used as a tribute.

ancient rules...works from the hand. You mean swing of memories.

yeah thats it... I'll fix that later
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 am

I expected more from you guys, specially being the first card review ever made for boulder canyon. I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:38 am

rjuto wrote:
I expected more from you guys, specially being the first card review ever made for boulder canyon. I'm disappointed.

Well it was that or snipe hunter... seriously aweful requests... trent was the one i could think most of...
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:43 am

rjuto wrote:

Well it was that or snipe hunter... seriously aweful requests... trent was the one i could think most of...

Meh, I was joking anyways xD, expected Al to post first. A card that can't be destroyed by anything due to it's immortality? Pr0. lol

Last edited by rjuto on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 am

I'll request something better than Snipe Hunter next time, boss. ^^

Silent Doom for instant epic 1800 defense! :o
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:48 am

Something that I threw together just now, needs some work, but its a start

18 Monsters
2 Trent
1 Dandylion
2 Debris Dragon
3 Giant Rat
1 Glow-Up Bulb
2 Lonefire Blossom
3 Naturia Cheries
1 Sangan
1 Spore
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld

12 Spells
1 Creature Swap
1 Dark Hole
1 Giant Trunade
1 Foolish Burial
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn
1 One for One
3 Pot of Avarice
1 pot of Duality
1 Swing of Memories

10 Traps
1 Call of the Haunted
2 Limit Reverse
1 Mirror force
2 Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

15 Extra
2 Formula Synchron
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 AOJ Catastor
1 Naturia Beast
2 Naturia Barkion
1 Brionac
1 Gaia, Force of the Earth
2 Black Rose Dragon
1 Naturia Landoise
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Trishula

So, as you can see the deck implements big part of a lonefire engine in combination with lonefire. It uses Tour Guide to get sangan to get lonefire like many decks of that kind do. Now that engine is combined with Trent.

The purpose of Trent is getting it on your field with the various cards and using it with a lv1 earth tuner (like cheries or bulb) to make Naturia Barkion to stop your opponent's traps or any lv6 synchro.

Trent's basic combo here is: Get 2 Naturia Cheries onto your field with their effect, summon trent via lonefire (or by a previously set rat who got trent but it would be hard to pull that WITH the cheries), make a barkion to go trap free and then use a Swing/Call of the Haunted/ Monster Reborn to bring it back for a new lv6 synchro. If that is brionac you can clear your opponent's monster zone without wasting cards on the s/t as barkion protects you and go for huge damage without even the fear of Gorz.

Other things you can do is use the Barkion with the remaining chery to make landoise. This deck though does mainly barkion abuse, summon trent in any way (giant rat, swing/call/reborn, lonefire) summon a lv1 earth tuner (limit/call/reborn, lonefire, one for one, or normal summon) and go barkion there and then.

Of course as roro said trent can also be removed for spore to have a lv6 spore to use with your tokens. Additionally cheries can be used well with lonefire/dandylion, simply have the 2 cherries on the field, summon dandylion, make an armory arm, make a formula, make a lv6/7 synchro, nice simple gain. Also, rat can pull beast.

Now on to this deck's choices. 2 seven tools, 2 solemn warning and 1 solemn J. Too many life points paying? I have theories about how you can survive with that much but thats a story for another time, anyways, thats how I deckbuild, this is meant to be serious. 1 pod is for setups, set your rat/chery etc. while using pod to take a card, its possible, and since you are dealing with somewhat a hybrid of a deck you need the options laid out. Limit reverse gets not only lonefire pieces but cheries too, so its at 2 while swing is at 1. You also have call and reborn with 3 rats, sangan with tour guides and maxed PoA so I didnt really feel you needed more although it was a bordeline call to save space. Also because you are using 2 tour guides to get sangan and 3 rats in addition to tokens you can use more than 1 creature swap, maybe even 3 if you feel like it. Nice touch. Unfortunatelly Birthright is destroyed when the monster is removed from the field so no magic planter abuse there... and I thought I found something, damn... Oh, btw, swing of memories over silent doom because the extra 1500 damage you can do can mean game, just saying.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 am

REJECTED, TRENT IS TOO IMPORTANT TO BE AT 2. HE'S IMMORTAL BIATCH, HE'LL HAUNT YOU FOREVER TO SEEK FOR REVENGE...

WHAT AN INSULT.

Nice deck btw.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:00 am

Add psz,with trent its an instant BRD.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 am

Next time, make a Shapesnatcher review.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 am

Just for an fyi
Lonefire + Limit Reverse + Swing of memories with trent in grave or trent on field
Summon Lonefire, tribute lonefire for Dandylion, activate limit reverse targetting lonefire, tribute dandylion for the second lonefire, tribute one token for bulb, synchro with the other token for formula, draw 1, synchro with the 2 lonefires for stardust, activate swing of memories, summon bulb from grave, synchro Barkion.
Used: Limit Reverse, Lonefire, Trent/Swing of Memories
Got: 1 draw, Stardust, Barkion
Now not only you got stardust controlling the field but you dont have to worry about attacking into Dimensional Prison either. So much win...
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:24 am

Al, as a mod I have to stop you here, quit jackin' Roro's review.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 am

Fish wrote:
Al, as a mod I have to stop you here, quit jackin' Roro's review.

If you read the ranks... Al is Boulder canyons CARD GUY he's allowed to put further insight into the reviews at boulder smile
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 am

Damn confusing boulder canyon...
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:53 am

Only Cynicalduelist can make a deck review about trent and succeed in making me want to run it.

Al-bhed: Summon Lonefire, tribute Lonefire for Lonefire, tribute Lonefire for Trent. Opponent ragequits. Also known as the Trent FTK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)   TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week) Empty

Back to top Go down

TRENT more than just a tree! (card review of the week)
Page 1 of 1