World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hyperlinks?!?!?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:54 pm

why is it that some words when i type them become hyperlinks in my post when i go and look at them later. for instance i posted and used the word deadline in a post and i went to reread it later and saw it was a hyperlink. why is that, is it something i'm doing unknowingly? just wondering, after all i have been gone for a while.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Hyperlinks occur when you use the url BBC code of
Code:
[url=INSERT LINK HERE]INSERT WORDS HERE[/url]

If you are concerned about hyperlinks in general, just copying and pasting the url itself without BBC will create a hyperlink. If I failed to understand or satisfy your confusion, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 pm

With some browsers or sites (probably browsers) or maybe with some plugins, some words can become hyperlinks to other stuff, usually professional wikipedia pages about games and stuff which have no means other than donation of getting access to an income, so they rent themselves out to advertising companies who say "Well, if they're interested in something unrelated to the game (e.g. Doormats), if the word doormat is in the wikipedia we'll hyperlink it to our doormat selling service.

Where do the hyperlinks go to?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 pm

I used to see those occasionally, but never on forums. Maybe Forumotion just wants more dosh or something.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Well I'm not seeing those right now, so I doubt it'll be forummotion.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:24 pm

well they seem to be gone now but i think you may be right. o well it's no biggie just something that caught my eye is all. thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperlinks?!?!?!   hyperlinks?!?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

hyperlinks?!?!?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Rules and Support :: Support-
Jump to: