World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

curiosity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

curiosity  Empty
PostSubject: curiosity    curiosity  EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am

well before i say anything,please don't take this the wrong way i'm not trying to insult this site anyone here or make speculations

well as you can obviously notice the activity in this place has gone down quite a bit,though that isn't a completely abnormal thing
so as i was thinking about that i remembered some conversations back when we first started losing the activity we had in the summer
conversations about this site's eventual end and that it'll close down someday,this was coming from admins if i remember correctly
which brought me to think when it would eventually end,as much as i'd hate it.now to make this clear and just bluntly say my questions.
what i'm trying to ask here is who shuts the site down? and what would cause something like that to happen? and how exactly would it happen?

just out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

curiosity  Empty
PostSubject: Re: curiosity    curiosity  EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 am

Whoever in a fit of rage and insanity, decides while holding absolute power (or less)"ERMAGESH THE WORLD IS ENDING" can shut the site down. Otherwise, even if everything is off, it's not like a forum is a source of pollution that has to be shut down. Even if we all die, the forum remains unless no one does anything on it for 6 months in which case forumotion goes like "completely empty, takes space, delete".
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

curiosity  Empty
PostSubject: Re: curiosity    curiosity  EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:34 am

In other words Alibaba, WDA will not die unless the entire forum is obliterated. As far as activity goes, the staff will remain here until every last member leaves. Like a store clerk, the staff will be the last to leave. If some downtime freaks you out, then you haven't been here long enough. We will get noticable activity when the main breaks (i.e. fall, winter, spring breaks) occur. We will see things pick up in a few weeks for a good few weeks or maybe a month's worth. Then activity drops from February to mid April. It drops again until mid may
Summer break begins. Activity reaches its peak mid August until mid September. October is the least active month due to the whole world resuming their education by then. Activity jots up mid November due to fall breaks. Then here we are in a minor activity drop until winter exams comclude. Repeat this and you have the basics of traffic rates converning our general demograph.

So stick around.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

curiosity  Empty
PostSubject: Re: curiosity    curiosity  EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:14 pm

We also keep tabs on the forum if it does die, in case we ever decide we want to revive, re-create or in case it mystically does without our input.

I wouldn't say the forum activity is going down that much, tbh. Considering it's school hours again.

Wait for Christmas and we'll get another spike, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

curiosity  Empty
PostSubject: Re: curiosity    curiosity  EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:38 pm

As a Section Mod that I am I will only abandon WDA if there is absolutely nothing left to save here.
And I mean absolutely nothing.

So you can count on us two having a lot of fun conversations, Ali/devy/diviner/however you want to be called like.
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Sponsored content

curiosity  Empty
PostSubject: Re: curiosity    curiosity  Empty

Back to top Go down

curiosity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Rules and Support :: Support-
Jump to: