World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember

Go down 
+14
~Psychotic Jester~
J.J. Knight
Pumpkin Row
Al-Bhed
Legendaryfrost
Kimo Force
Dr. Chuckles
Grand Mage
akaFila
L.Lawliet
Sherlock Holmes
Bloody Kaizer
Leokane
DigiDigi
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember Empty
PostSubject: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:35 pm

WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember 2aeoxzs

Hello WDA! We have been enjoying the concept of dating, love, bro-love, you name it. Its spring season, and in 'Murica that's Prom season as well! So why not have one here at WDA? We're a duel academy, we're based off of a school in that terribad anime, GX. So why not spice things up with such a timeless tradition? I would like to thank those of you who made this topic such a wild success, it excites me to see such success with all of this hype done in 2 weeks: http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t6022p120-wda-prom-notice To be fair, I did extend the time (see here: http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t6098-prom-reminder).

At first this was just a silly idea, but then I thought about honoring and celebrating the fact that April 1st, ironically it being April Fool's day, is essentially our Independence Day from using dorm systems. One way to celebrate it is to host an event, which will be glorious and fun!

Here are the list of official dates:

alibaba x earls x nour
fin fin x GG_yoon
kimo force x keimi
behemoth x yuna
angelic-machine x digidigi
bloddy kaizer x yuna
supasmash x private_foxy
surberous x jaden h
danna45 x ew_zero
fish x kitty(idk)
L.Lawliet x nymph
and chey x leokane x akafila x JJ knight x ryapowa x lupe x xx-saberboy x Academy Jester

Here are the rules for Prom:

• All members who are in the date list are allowed to participate in the Prom.

• If you win a ygo/cfv match, you are awarded your usual RP as well as 10 Court Points.

• If you lose a ygo/cfv match, you are awarded 5 court points for actually dueling

• If you win a ygo/cfv single, you are awarded 6 court points.

• If you lose a ygo/cfv single, you are awarded 3 court points.

• If you are caught cheating, you will be warned. If you abuse my kindness, then you will be eliminated from the competition.

• First person to fill out the Royal Bar will receive their proper honorary title. Then the scores will be tallied up for the rest. We will be giving out the usual court-honorary titles that any prom would have as titles such as Prom King/Queen, Prom Prince/Princess, Prom Duke/Duchess, and everyone else will be called attendees.

Our events will involve YGO tournaments as usual and other non-ygo stuff like music video competitions, etc. Any questions, comments and concerns you may have should be asked now before I make the first event.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:41 pm

So basically like Ultimate Otaku? And what if we challenge people in our own group? Example being that I seem to duel akaFila a lot when skirmishes or lives take place that I join.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Leokane wrote:
So basically like Ultimate Otaku? And what if we challenge people in our own group? Example being that I seem to duel akaFila a lot when skirmishes or lives take place that I join.

You will get points only if you duel people outside of your group/date. You are gathering points for your team. We will host wars for you guys to gain this opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm

GL HF everyone, let's do this the right way... btw, what if my date's banned .="

Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:21 am

Wow there, You forgot me and opda.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:51 am

Btw, can someone please explain to me why is there such big hype about this, I understand it's coming mostly from Americans, but why really? I mean sure, it's a very important thing, but I'm seeing like a lot of bs here in there about the prom this-prom that... Lets say that the prom is like super important for everyone, but even the whole "asking" a girl to prom looks and feels like you're asking her to marry you - again, I'm only seeing this in the states. Don't get me wrong, people can do w.e. they want... Just please someone explain to me, why is there such a hype for this?
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:54 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
Btw, can someone please explain to me why is there such big hype about this, I understand it's coming mostly from Americans, but why really? I mean sure, it's a very important thing, but I'm seeing like a lot of bs here in there about the prom this-prom that... Lets say that the prom is like super important for everyone, but even the whole "asking" a girl to prom looks and feels like you're asking her to marry you - again, I'm only seeing this in the states. Don't get me wrong, people can do w.e. they want... Just please someone explain to me, why is there such a hype for this?

Because Uncle Sam says so.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
Because we're having fun. You remember what that's like right?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 am

lol, this is a pretty cool idea guys i must admit, i love prom time ( it's them most stressful part of hs but it's so worth it lol) so i have a few things.

1. is it too late to find a date and take part in this?

2. is ygopro big enough to incorporate couples tag duels into this? i think that would be pretty cute to both have complimenting or even matching decks, just a thought.

3. L.Lawliet to answer you, prom is a huge deal for Americans for a few reasons, it's the last dance of the academic school year, it's the biggest dance and ordeal possible for a high school lol, it's usually the night students lose their virginity, and lastly it's an overly emphasized dance that girls make a huge deal but like all things relevant to Americans it's all about the show and looking better than the rest of your jr and sr class. Prom followed by Graduation are the last two things we can hold on to before our lives change and we begin the journey of college. Hope that helps clarify why prom is such a huge deal to us!!
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 4:57 am

It seems we made an error with the Yuna pairings. We will group Kaizer with Behemoth and whoever wants in can join their group to make it a huge bro fest. Just post here if you're a late bloomer, you have until April 1st.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:36 am

DigiDigi wrote:
We will group Kaizer with Behemoth and whoever wants in can join their group to make it a huge bro fest.

Just an fyi, Kaizer is a she.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:51 am

A very reliable source said the same thing. Ohh, I don't mean the who bonding and nostalgic thing, I mean the sex. In conclusion, prom is "important" for Americans cause of the sex. Thank you for the info.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:32 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
In conclusion, prom is "important" for Americans cause of the sex.

Only reason why I regret not having one
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:20 am

Sure, american teens may not receive many vital things from school, but it has been sworn on the name of liberty that they shall receive sex and alchohol for all their horny needs. And it is that very holy tradition, of the final offering to the wasted youth, that we honour.

Minus the sex. And the alcohol. Speaking of which, doesn't that mean this prom is pointless?
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:16 am

You don't know what Cybering is, Al?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:18 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
You don't know what Cybering is, Al?
So it's like, a prom for geeks?

damn, I feel like crying a bit...
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:22 am

Haha, you said it. WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember 4087815407
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 pm

DigiDigi wrote:

and chey x leokane x akafila x JJ knight x ryapowa x lupe x xx-saberboy x Academy Jester[/i]

i think you mean "chey and everyone who cant get a date."
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:23 pm

I thought Mau and I were going together?
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:03 am

Chee is a good cat.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 am

Can't ya'll reconsider Elesa to join?

Irate's like, not active due to his travels atm O_o
Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
~Psychotic Jester~
WDA Member
WDA Member
~Psychotic Jester~

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : PsychoticJester

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:07 am

Well if Irate doesn't show up Kaizer. You can always still go with me. lol
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:06 am

Add me and Opda to the list :( U forgot usss
Back to top Go down
FoxboyAlex
WDA Member
WDA Member
FoxboyAlex

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : FoxboyAlex

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 am

I haven't been searching for date actually. The only bromance I actually shared with anyone here was like...PsychoTurtle.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/FoxboyAlex
Nymphomaniac
WDA Member
WDA Member
Nymphomaniac

Waifu : ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Nympho

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:11 pm

when does this begin !?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDarkWindD19
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember   WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember Empty

Back to top Go down

WDA Prom: A Celebration to Remember
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next