World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers Empty
PostSubject: Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers   Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Greetings students, welcome to Vanguard Academy, I will be posting a series of videos done by the reigning world champion, Brandon Smith, as they are extremely informative and enlightening. Seeing as how most of the Vanguard players here are new and need help, I think it's a good idea to post these here. As for us veterans, we can always use some tips and advice, no? This first video focuses on triggers, which ones you should run in which decks, and how to apply them.

Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : --

Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers   Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm

"Pulling Triggers is not luck, it is all statistic."
THANK YOU. I've been meaning to say that since forever.

Stand Triggers are actually really underestimated, they can add a lot of pressure to your turn and they're definately good in decks that want the additional pressure, such as decks with a lot of On Hit effects. Really, I think people throw stands to the side since they hear other people say "It's the worst trigger" when in actuality, depending on your deck it can actually be really good. Zeal is a perfect example, proving the extra pressure with Zeal + Stand Triggers is extremely good with cards like Miracle Beauty and Commander Laurel, and simply attacking again gives you more flexability than the critical trigger which doesn't really change a whole lot except damage. I personally like Stands in a lot of decks and hate it when people bash them for being 'Bad' because they aren't seeing the fact that there is potential there.

Stands can whiff with no RGs? So can Crits.
Crits do more damage? So can Stands.

Back to top Go down

Vanguard Academy: Working over triggers
Page 1 of 1