World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spellbooks (After May 17th.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

Spellbooks (After May 17th.) Empty
PostSubject: Spellbooks (After May 17th.)    Spellbooks (After May 17th.) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 am

Spellbooks (After May 17th.) VaTdzV1

I'm looking for fixes as you can tell. The cards in the Side are cards that I want to find the room to main them. Anyway the only card that is missing is BoM in the main - since the pic was taken before I added. Anyway I'd like to hear thoughts on how to fix this deck.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Spellbooks (After May 17th.)    Spellbooks (After May 17th.) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 am

You might want to tell how it's been testing before we try fixing it.

3 Fate is absolutly overkill when you can easily recycle it with tower. Builds tend to run 2 just to draw it faster and leaving the book loop to search for the missing prep part (either tower or fate), but using 3 is asking for unplayable hands. Master's good number is 2, however, I see it running at 3. I guess you're not a fan of toon table builds lol.

2 jowgens AND 1 lily isn't really necessary. If you're having troubles with verz (it's not really a TERRIBLE match-up unless you get to draw Junon + Spellbooks) I would leave both jowgens and take out lily. Otherwise, you can cut 1 of them.

Other than that, I would totally choose waboku/Solemn over shields. I guess the shields are there to protect Jowgen or Priestess but it's not as good as Waboku, for the simple fact that it can be dead, it's situational and it's not even chainable.

Star Hall is not really necessary, but you can drop one of the cards ^ for it. What I like is that after looping you can rise to 3 spellbooks and search for veiler or jowgen if needed (you can even destroy your own hall with junon). It's good, so if you're not going to go after the toon build, I guess ynot.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Spellbooks (After May 17th.)    Spellbooks (After May 17th.) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 am

I haven't tested the deck as much as I wanted, given that it's still OCG. I was thinking of testing on my alt, but that acc ended being a E.Swarms testing ground.
The 3 Fate's are mainly cause I played the TCG builds before.

The idea of Shield is directly for Jowgen, to abuse the effect. The problem is not E.Swarm decks but E-Dragons, that's the point in playing it. Ofc, once I drop out of the TCG/OCG games I'll remove it, probably - given that E-Dragons won't have an impact on the TCG.

I've seen toon builds and I have one as well, but given that the deck is still OCG - in order to play it you've to duel in the TCG/OCG zone, there you'll get a lot of E-Dragons.

Anyway, given my lack of playing with the deck I'm not good or anything with it. I'll look into those things that you said.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Spellbooks (After May 17th.)    Spellbooks (After May 17th.) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 5:02 am

Oh, if it is because of E Drags 1 jowgen is all you need really since you can summon it with judgment AND protect it with fate from stream and reactan (this is where verz gets the boost from pandemic, thus they can easily kill jowgen next turn and stun you from there, that's why sometimes it's far more useful to normal it). Next turn you go secrets into magician, power, seffer, and get 2 more spellbooks after killing (usually fate keep protecting your stuff until the opp runs out of outs).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spellbooks (After May 17th.)    Spellbooks (After May 17th.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spellbooks (After May 17th.)
Page 1 of 1