World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Digi's Leave?

Go down 
+17
Minako
Alibaba
Fish
Behemoth
rjuto
Nour Force
Joker
~Psychotic Jester~
psychoturtle
Bloody Kaizer
ryapowa
dew
Unforgiven Pretender
Leokane
Unknown
wolfiejim
DigiDigi
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 am

Princess Masako wrote:
At times I experience hardship in trying to find the proper point of balance between traditional things and my own personality.

Recently most of you may have noticed that I haven't been the best person lately, or the best leader, the best administrator (@the rest of the staff), the best friend (I've been a pretty bad friend to a lot of people IRL and online--most of you know Armand, I've lost him, my best friend, because of who I am), and just overall not a good person. I don't know who I am anymore. I don't know who to depend on, even though I pray to God now and then when nobody is around to counsel me. That's ironic. WDA's counselor needs counseling. Its true. I'm human. I'm not perfect. I'm not better than anybody here. I'm not who you think I am. I'm not the nicest person in this academy--better yet the nicest person at all. I'm not that passionate, loving leader you once knew. I'm breaking apart at the seams and there's not a single person here that can sow me back together.

I'm at my breaking point with everyone I'm surrounded with and I've pushed all the buttons I could possibly push with the people I love the most. I've seen too many people disrespect me for my stubbornness and dedication to my agenda and my visions/ideologies. I'm stubborn, stuck-up, snobby; also I'm a control freak. I play dirty to get what I want and I've deceived alot of people to get WDA where it is now.
I've expected too much out of my fellow staff members and out of you all. I can't stand to see myself like this. So far the past few weeks when I log on, I've been fighting with people and yelling, scolding and over-extending my duties and responsibilities.

On top of all of this, when I'm stressed and under a lot of pressure, I will snap. When I snap, its not pretty. I don't see myself fit to make choices for the well-being of this community. I've busied myself so much to the point where I've definitely lost time to be with you. My life at home is much worse to the point that I know that I'll be struggling when I'm off to uni (meaning working part-time and other jobs to keep a decent stability). I don't have the time to baby you guys or to harass you just to duel. I don't have the time to lead the way, be the example to start up events and make sure they're all finished. That's why I have staff, committees, and mods to help me out with that. I've expected this community to change a little quicker to make better habits of just being better people and actually being duelists. I may have expected too much.

I made a promise that I would stay with you guys until we burn down and forced out of here. I want to keep that promise. I'm a hypocrite now that I say this. I've helped everyone here in their times of need, please help me and help yourselves by being more active, post in the forum more, DUEL more, help me run events, help plan out events, help me run this academy, help me support the community, help me make the changes we seek. Inspire me, I beg of you.

EDIT: For those whom I have hurt, I apologize for whatever I may have done.

Last edited by DigiDigi on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfiejim
WDA Member
WDA Member
wolfiejim

Waifu : wolfiejim

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:12 am

here's an idea. Step down from mod, and just relax and enjoy the party. Why do you think i like getting drunk, letting go, and having fun with my friends?
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:18 am

._. How do I inspire you when I'm...well me.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:37 am

DigiDigi wrote:
Inspire me, I beg of you.

Well for one you're not a bad person. You have always done what you can to help us from the simple question to the biggest of our problems. You have always been there for us and we will always be there for you and try our best to help you. I've lost many people and many friends. I became a drug addict and almost lost every friend I had ever made. What saved me was talking to people who still cared for me and those I could trust. While I may not know everything going on in your life I pretty sure you still have people you trust in and people who are still there for you and willing to talk it out. If you're under stress take a break from a few things. Take a deep breath and relax. I'm not the best at advice but I hope this somehow helps you.

P.S. I'm at school so I can't get on chat to talk. Sorry :/
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am

My advice for you is simply: Get the work for WDA on a level in which you experience more fun than hindrance in whichever way.
Your real life well-being is more important than this whole forum, it's community and it's history.
I hope you can find the right balance between WDA and your peronal life. That most likely involves stepping down a bit, which I can tell you from experience isn't easy to do. I don't know if it'll help, but if you want to talk with me about what you're feeling right now, just send me a PM and we could arrange something on some chat program. It might help to talk to someone who's been through a similar process.
Back to top Go down
dew
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
dew

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : dew

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am

Wazz up yea it herts me a bit to see u like this and feel that way but hay .... we are all human.In my honest opinion u are a very nice person which I enjoy our small little chit chat that we have and im allways here too help our just talk too weather its about this academy our personal problems.
Kea Kaha
Back to top Go down
ryapowa
WDA Member
WDA Member
ryapowa

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ryapowa

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Digi, what I've witnessed here is that everyone or almost everyone here would choose your side over another person's. For Example, last night someone had antagonized you and everyone had started antogonizing him/her and saying that the person was wrong and said a bunch of things to help support your side of the arguement. People here love you and care about you and it seems that they'd do a lot for you and would gladly defend you if they can.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Well, I may not know you as much but I can most certainly relate to you since I run an academy of my own and apart from the losses. To be honest, I'm also coping up with the loss of my relative so I'm pretty hurt as well; however, they're all right, you should step down a bit and relax. I'm not going to make this a long methodology as to how you can cope up with your daily stresses but I'll leave it to if you wanna talk to me in MSN to let me help you, just pm me to get my email.

I don't want you to be like me when I stopped caring for almost everything, at some point, you'll think that'd be right since the stress may over power you, but it's not, it'll make your life more of a living hell than it is already.

It's true, I can't relate to your financial problems since I never had any problem with it, mainly because of my standard of living, but what I can relate with is how I learned so much from interacting with the mediocre and below statuses that I may be able to teach you as well on how they were able to survive and ended up being winners.

Well, anyway, this is becoming more of a long and agonizingly painful statement, but let me summarize this into:

"Don't try. Do it."

"Do things with more courage on success than the fear of failure."

Lastly...

"No matter how much you try and do things to make yourself feel better, never EVER stomp on another person." As a matter of fact, you somehow failed this statement already, but seeing as though your recline is just from a post and a few actions, you're still curable 8) unlike when you've become cold and stopped caring who I was once with lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:56 pm

I didn't follow what happened lately,but if you need anyone to talk to,you know I always check in :P I'm sure the other people will understand you have too much going atm,and are very tired,that's why you might snap at someone. I doubt anyone will stay mad at you smile
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Nobody was mad at her to begin with O_o

Is that even possible ._.
Back to top Go down
~Psychotic Jester~
WDA Member
WDA Member
~Psychotic Jester~

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : PsychoticJester

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Look, I'm not going to pretend I know what you're going through because only you know what you're going through. I'm not gonna sit here and bombard you with cliche's. What I will say is that every last one of us cares about you. I don't know if things will get better or worse down the road for you, and while I cannot speak for everyone else. I and I'm sure the rest of the Academy are willing to walk right beside you down whatever path you've chosen. It's just what good friends do. So, keep your head up. You're not walking alone. You're walking beside all of us, and we are here for you just as much as you've been here for every last one of us. I'll do whatever I can to help. All you have to do is tell me.

Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Here is the thing people, she is not saying that she is going to abandon WDA. Digi is asking for people to step up and do the jobs they have said they would do because she has a lot going on in her life outside of WDA and that requires her attention more than an online forum, as always Real life is always more important than WDA.

Digi is going to be very busy very soon in real life which means she probably won't even be coming on WDA during that time, which is why she is asking, if not begging us, to all step up and do what we can to keep this place alive while she is gone.

This isnt about people hating Digi, this is about digi looking out for what is best for WDA, knowing she is going away for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Well, you know I'm no good with speeches, so I'll get straight to the point; I will definitely try my best to live on your dream! Digi-senpai, your life is far more important than the academy. The academy's Queen needs her pampering after all- Ho ho ho! *Highpitched laugh* This may be ignoring what you've said about you not being perfect, but who in this world is perfect? To put simply, nobody is perfect, but you many much look like perfection.

I.. I'm sorry, was that bad? Okay, just keep it to this part " I will definitely try my best to live on your dream! "
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Joker wrote:
Here is the thing people, she is not saying that she is going to abandon WDA. Digi is asking for people to step up and do the jobs they have said they would do because she has a lot going on in her life outside of WDA and that requires her attention more than an online forum, as always Real life is always more important than WDA.

Digi is going to be very busy very soon in real life which means she probably won't even be coming on WDA during that time, which is why she is asking, if not begging us, to all step up and do what we can to keep this place alive while she is gone.

This isnt about people hating Digi, this is about digi looking out for what is best for WDA, knowing she is going away for a bit.

^This.

Now that I have all of your attention... I need you all to step up. Its not the staff to literally make you get on DN just to duel, that's your job. Its not our job to make you post on the forum nor is it our job to find your opponents for tournaments. If you need specifics on certain things, just say so. We have a Support section for a reason. If you don't like certain things, speak up in the Site Suggestion section. All of the resources we need are here. Start using them.

I will inform the Prom Committee on what to do to set up events for the Prom and will work things out with Danna to finish up Ultimate Otaku. I need the rest of you to step up and actually participate. Don't expect things to be handed to you; try to make sure things get done. I don't know what to do to motivate you, but do something.

I said what I meant and I meant what I said in my opening post. As you all know, I am in theater managing two plays, juggling school, juggling family and friend affairs, and juggling WDA. At the very least, I need you all to step up and take some responsibility and have pride when you're here. Starting April 8th up until the 18th, I will be extremely busy with rehearsals. Come the 15th up until the 18th, I will be even busier and probably even more stressed with everything that breathes. Then from the 19th up until the 28th, its showtime for me. I have huge chances of being exempt from my exams, so I don't have to worry about those. May will be my month of relaxation and I will be graduating from high school around mid-May.

This whole thread is a wake-up call as well as a chance to get to know me (me hitting rock-bottom that is), not a resignation (just an FYI). Please, take me seriously when I say this: step up.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Well, tbh, no offense to what you just said, but I can't see the whole forum dying. In fact, it's getting more active, post wise =/

We're all stepping up our games, you just fail to see us that we're on a lot due to you being busy, but aye, aye, ma'am, your wish is my command. And the rest's too.

Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Bloody Kaizer wrote:
We're all stepping up our games, you just fail to see us that we're on a lot due to you being busy

Here's the deal. What would happen if we wouldn't even care about running events? Members would start bitching about how useless the staff is and how bored they are.
Now what happens when we make such events and try to get you to participate in them? You show little interest after signing up and do nothing to maintain the event active.

Examples: Triforce Tournament, and WDA Prom.

For the first one, the only reason why it was a success (no big success anyway, since 4 lives were lost because of inactivity) is because BC's team harassed and pestered other team members to duel, ofc this is because half of BC's team is composed by WDA staff members (including the tourney's host) who actually care about the academy and it's events. EP was just a complete fucking mess, and Digi were the only LL member that cared to do stuff to keep the event running (Mina to some extent too). All challenges would come out from BC members.

Prom is a whole different story. The event host had IRL issues and wasn't able to harass members to participate and give a fuck about it. Result? no duels were performed til now.

If you dont care about dueling, and you only care about posting and chating, please tell us, and we will stop wasting our time hosting events. Digi is not saying you're completely inactive, she's demanding some activity when it comes to events and stuff.

It is not only the staff who has to work to keep this place up and running...

Last edited by Rjuto on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

What I said wasn't meant to be offending nor negative in anyway, js. But no point in arguing anyway.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 pm

I know. I just pointed that out cause you were heading in a wrong direction. We're not saying you disappear from WDA too often, we're saying you do nothing to keep the events up and running.
If this forum only existed to chat and post random stuff (wich is what you're reffering to when you say you're stepping up), then events shouldn't be necessary, and this wouldn't be a yu gi oh comunity, just a random (boring) chat website.
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Digi, being helpful and kind has always been the best characteristic you have had for me.
I would be one of the first to mourn your farewell and even if this is none, I am quite sad now.
The first part is to stay calm - if you need a break from excessive work, say so. I wouldn't know anyone who wouldn't accept that and respect it.
Inspiration comes with thought or impulse, impulse and thought are prevented by stress, you become hasty, snap out easily, you name it. Take time for what you need, put real life above everything, go on a vacation, drink less coffee and start drinking tea, just some advices from me. Sleep a lot - you needn't stay up until 1-2 AM just to be online here.
Next point is dueling, people need to get their shit together and start dueling if they are able to.
It gets annoying to see that whenever I or someone else tries to host a Skirmish, only 2-3 people join and if we get 4, some drop out or have to go suddenly. I know that I myself am online on my mobile very oftenly, but that is because of my parents who restrict my internet usage. I beg for forgiveness if I am causing issues due to that...
People, do what you can, even if it is just a little. Get on chatbox and ask if there are any events going on whivh you could participate in, just do something.
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:26 pm

DigiDigi wrote:
I haven't been the best person lately, or the best leader, the best administrator, the best friend

No, that's me, don't worry.

I might remind you guys we already had one instance of mutiny in that little coup that tried to place Joker on the WDA throne. We all had to threaten resignation to stop it because you guys were too bored about the lack of events at that point because the majority of staff members were studying for exams. That kinda thing is what Rjuto is saying.

At the end of the dramatic violin solo-esque post, the real message is that your dueling is your hobby and it shouldn't really be 100% up to the staff to provoke you to pursue it; We're happy to carry you a few steps of the way but you have to walk with us when we do it.

Now, let's everybody calm down, have a cup of tea, order a chinese and take part in Fish's Bordament! (Colour Fishing).
:3
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

ok i get what you're saying, i know we barley duel and almost everyone knows that events usually go down to hell, but i will remind you of what the academy was not now but a while ago, around the time of winter break and the beginning of the school year we were all dueling quite a bit and hosting skrimishes and lives more than once a day, now lets look at how it is now, no one is dueling..hmm why? basically because we are busy too, i know that you have stuff in real life but you're forgetting we do too and even if we have time to chat a bit that doesn't mean we have time to duel, the problem here with the prom is it's a huge unorganized event with no restrictions in a time where people barley have time or the will to waste what they have of their time on dueling, if you made it a specific tournament it probably would have been better than no duels at all. also there is the fact that since we decided to expand WDA people got other things to discuss and come here for and some people don't even duel at all, and some very active ones, for e.g. mau5,ew,nour,danna, and the forum is pretty damn active for it's own even if it's not about ygo. we have our times of high activity and we have times where we can't get things done, we're not that big of a community and we aren't always available to do everything either.
so yea, we're not perfect either y'know. now you'll probably take this offensively but i'll try saying don't
digi don't guilt people into dueling with this and your begging, tbh it might work but it would be stupid to duel out of guilt and wanting to help out. and don't say we don't do anything, we do a lot of things it's just not the things you want, you were the ones who decided to expand the academy. yea you took our opinion on it but the idea came from you and we just nodded, now you expanded it and think of things that are not ygo as not important or relevant or it seems like it. also if you knew you would be busy you shouldn't have made the prom. i don't see how you forcing people into actually dueling is something worth doing. it's supposed to be for enjoyment so don't force it on us too much
i don't see people here complaining about lack of duels or anything, most people are satisfied with what they have, i get you don't like seeing your work go inactive and be useless and we are to blame but you probably already know who you're dealing with
this whole topic seems like a project to guilt people into dueling, i mean look at the title ...look at the irrelevancy in many things you mentioned.
this place is doing fine, people like it and no one is complaining but you guys, you make events and they go to hell that doesn't mean we're at rock bottom and we can't get anything done. yea it's a dueling academy but we do other stuff, dueling more than everything else we do, we discuss stuff we play other games together and we do basically what we want or can, we have events for those who want to duel even if at some points those people aren't too many and we're not dead or letting this place fall
i do actually do my job, and my job did not include dueling, i help keep this place up and running and dueling=/=up and running we could be dead even if we actually got duels done
the forum is for the people, it isn't all about dueling.
now stop begging and looking for inspiration from people who can't find it in themselves, and stop forcing and guilting people into dueling as much, don't stop making events but don't expect us all to jump in when you make one
and for the personal stuff, digi not 1 single person in this academy would hate or blame you and you don't always have to take responsibility of everything, the problem is you just try to

and now i will wait as people read this and i become the most hated person in the academy.

also sorry if anything in here offended anyone mainly digi

edit: also just in case some members come suddenly "agreeing with digi" i will say this
when was the last time you dueled before reading this topic? nah forget that, when was the last time you put effort into trying to duel here? or just come here with the intention of dueling? did you feel wda was lacking or needed fixing? did you hate people not dueling? did you think actual dueling was that relevant here? did you not like wda because of the lack of duels?

well yea that just for the hypocrites
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 am

I find it funny that once people found out that this wasn't a "digi is leaving" topic or a "digi is sick of your s!@t" topic, they all suddenly got defensive of their own actions and were all quick to blame others
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:16 am

Last night I didn't want to post here because I knew it would be a bother. I woke up this morning to read a lot of posts that are exactly what I expected then ended with Alibaba who proved he has much insight. You've earned my respect.

You are exactly right, this post starts off with Digi admitting she has flaws then gradually throws them onto WDA, saying it's the communities fault that things are bad, then asks that you do things because not doing them hurts Digi. Duel or you don't care about Digi.

Digi, you've been on a "WDA needs to duel more" kick for a while. I don't know what made you suddenly think WDA members not dueling enough is a sign of the end of WDA but it's been like that for a long... long time, now. As apposed to old members leaving when they eventually grew out of/got bored of/quit dueling, they ended up sticking around. Kimo, Fish, J.J. et cetera. Not to mention all of the causal duelists that don't play much to begin with. Because of this, WDA long ago became more of a hang out than an academy. We're active even if we don't really do much. We just all come here to bullshit for the most part. While I agree it'd be nice if we had events up and running. That our members wanted to play but that's all it would be. It'd be nice. Atm, they don't so there is no need to force them to do things or expect them to. If it wouldn't be enjoyable and something they want to do then why should they? Duel because it's a dueling academy? It's your job since you're a member?

If members are complaining (which I haven't seen but they could be) then it is their responsibly to inform the staff of "Hey, we would like this." The staff often tries to do events that fall flat because either nobody wants to participate or because at times, people have lives.

People can't be expected to do things they don't want to do and the staff can't be expected to just "know" what members want. However, at this time it seems like the members don't want anything other than to chill and that the staff (Digi) is saying "NO! We must do...SOMETHING!"

Digi, there is no and I mean NO need for the forum members to duel or participate in anything. So, that means the staff should, wait for it...

...do nothing. If members just want to chill then let them chill. This isn't a camp where we're expected to make chubby kids get up and hike. It's a place where people come because they want to. If they come to duel, they come to duel. If they come to chill, then they come to chill. That's the way WDA is, how it's survived, and how it will continue to survive.

Just chill out and take a break. Now if members ARE wanting something then they will speak up or bitch and (at that time) we will say "stop bitching and make suggestions."

Take it from someone that use spend hours on WDA, doing most things on his own. Have a seat, enjoy the weather. WDA will be here when you get back. Before you came along, I did the same thing you're doing but while trying to keep the staff involved instead of the members. If the dog doesn't wanna play then let it laze. Either way it's enjoying itself. Just be ready with a ball and a few chew toys when it's done resting (or not, you'll find that you don't HAVE to do this).
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:05 am

Minako wrote:
Last night I didn't want to post here because I knew it would be a bother. I woke up this morning to read a lot of posts that are exactly what I expected then ended with Alibaba who proved he has much insight. You've earned my respect.

You are exactly right, this post starts off with Digi admitting she has flaws then gradually throws them onto WDA, saying it's the communities fault that things are bad, then asks that you do things because not doing them hurts Digi. Duel or you don't care about Digi.

Digi, you've been on a "WDA needs to duel more" kick for a while. I don't know what made you suddenly think WDA members not dueling enough is a sign of the end of WDA but it's been like that for a long... long time, now. As apposed to old members leaving when they eventually grew out of/got bored of/quit dueling, they ended up sticking around. Kimo, Fish, J.J. et cetera. Not to mention all of the causal duelists that don't play much to begin with. Because of this, WDA long ago became more of a hang out than an academy. We're active even if we don't really do much. We just all come here to bullshit for the most part. While I agree it'd be nice if we had events up and running. That our members wanted to play but that's all it would be. It'd be nice. Atm, they don't so there is no need to force them to do things or expect them to. If it wouldn't be enjoyable and something they want to do then why should they? Duel because it's a dueling academy? It's your job since you're a member?

If members are complaining (which I haven't seen but they could be) then it is their responsibly to inform the staff of "Hey, we would like this." The staff often tries to do events that fall flat because either nobody wants to participate or because at times, people have lives.

People can't be expected to do things they don't want to do and the staff can't be expected to just "know" what members want. However, at this time it seems like the members don't want anything other than to chill and that the staff (Digi) is saying "NO! We must do...SOMETHING!"

Digi, there is no and I mean NO need for the forum members to duel or participate in anything. So, that means the staff should, wait for it...

...do nothing. If members just want to chill then let them chill. This isn't a camp where we're expected to make chubby kids get up and hike. It's a place where people come because they want to. If they come to duel, they come to duel. If they come to chill, then they come to chill. That's the way WDA is, how it's survived, and how it will continue to survive.

Just chill out and take a break. Now if members ARE wanting something then they will speak up or bitch and (at that time) we will say "stop bitching and make suggestions."

Take it from someone that use spend hours on WDA, doing most things on his own. Have a seat, enjoy the weather. WDA will be here when you get back. Before you came along, I did the same thing you're doing but while trying to keep the staff involved instead of the members. If the dog doesn't wanna play then let it laze. Either way it's enjoying itself. Just be ready with a ball and a few chew toys when it's done resting (or not, you'll find that you don't HAVE to do this).

WDA DOES need to duel more,it's in the name of the academy. I will once again remind of the time Joker was owner of this place. People were here to duel,not waste time and stalk on chat 24/7 doing nothing. More ygo = more activity,but in order to do that,you need more members that actually play ygo actively.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 am

AliBaba wrote:
ok i get what you're saying, i know we barley duel and almost everyone knows that events usually go down to hell, but i will remind you of what the academy was not now but a while ago, around the time of winter break and the beginning of the school year we were all dueling quite a bit and hosting skrimishes and lives more than once a day, now lets look at how it is now, no one is dueling..hmm why? basically because we are busy too, i know that you have stuff in real life but you're forgetting we do too and even if we have time to chat a bit that doesn't mean we have time to duel, the problem here with the prom is it's a huge unorganized event with no restrictions in a time where people barley have time or the will to waste what they have of their time on dueling, if you made it a specific tournament it probably would have been better than no duels at all. also there is the fact that since we decided to expand WDA people got other things to discuss and come here for and some people don't even duel at all, and some very active ones, for e.g. mau5,ew,nour,danna, and the forum is pretty damn active for it's own even if it's not about ygo. we have our times of high activity and we have times where we can't get things done, we're not that big of a community and we aren't always available to do everything either.
so yea, we're not perfect either y'know. now you'll probably take this offensively but i'll try saying don't
digi don't guilt people into dueling with this and your begging, tbh it might work but it would be stupid to duel out of guilt and wanting to help out. and don't say we don't do anything, we do a lot of things it's just not the things you want, you were the ones who decided to expand the academy. yea you took our opinion on it but the idea came from you and we just nodded, now you expanded it and think of things that are not ygo as not important or relevant or it seems like it. also if you knew you would be busy you shouldn't have made the prom. i don't see how you forcing people into actually dueling is something worth doing. it's supposed to be for enjoyment so don't force it on us too much
i don't see people here complaining about lack of duels or anything, most people are satisfied with what they have, i get you don't like seeing your work go inactive and be useless and we are to blame but you probably already know who you're dealing with
this whole topic seems like a project to guilt people into dueling, i mean look at the title ...look at the irrelevancy in many things you mentioned.
this place is doing fine, people like it and no one is complaining but you guys, you make events and they go to hell that doesn't mean we're at rock bottom and we can't get anything done. yea it's a dueling academy but we do other stuff, dueling more than everything else we do, we discuss stuff we play other games together and we do basically what we want or can, we have events for those who want to duel even if at some points those people aren't too many and we're not dead or letting this place fall
i do actually do my job, and my job did not include dueling, i help keep this place up and running and dueling=/=up and running we could be dead even if we actually got duels done
the forum is for the people, it isn't all about dueling.
now stop begging and looking for inspiration from people who can't find it in themselves, and stop forcing and guilting people into dueling as much, don't stop making events but don't expect us all to jump in when you make one
and for the personal stuff, digi not 1 single person in this academy would hate or blame you and you don't always have to take responsibility of everything, the problem is you just try to

and now i will wait as people read this and i become the most hated person in the academy.

also sorry if anything in here offended anyone mainly digi

edit: also just in case some members come suddenly "agreeing with digi" i will say this
when was the last time you dueled before reading this topic? nah forget that, when was the last time you put effort into trying to duel here? or just come here with the intention of dueling? did you feel wda was lacking or needed fixing? did you hate people not dueling? did you think actual dueling was that relevant here? did you not like wda because of the lack of duels?

well yea that just for the hypocrites

Rjuto wrote:
If you dont care about dueling, and you only care about posting and chating, please tell us, and we will stop wasting our time hosting events.

Rjuto wrote:
It is not only the staff who has to work to keep this place up and running...

I dont have much to say other than "use the Site Suggestions" btw (I have other things to say but it's not everyone's business).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Digi's Leave? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digi's Leave?   Digi's Leave? Empty

Back to top Go down

Digi's Leave?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next