World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LTGY: Dedicated to...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

LTGY: Dedicated to... Empty
PostSubject: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:02 pm

all of the "pros" who invested on prophecy early and spiked their prices convinced this is not going to be a dragon format. Not all of your fault I guess, you people were played like a tetris, with konami hiding the babies until the last moment to sell extra return of the duelist, abyss rising and cosmo blazar packs, making people buy product of the second best deck (or maybe even 3rd? who knows how gunde mermail will do post stream-tidal) at peak price.
This is also dedicated to all of the "pros" declaring the prophecy format months early fully convinced of its state, even with 10 tcg exclusives and 8 ocg imports unrevealed, as well as all of the kids hosting in unrated with "Testing LTGY TCG" and stuff like that (and there were a bunch of those). You guys are pros, I love you.

Also, just checked wikia. Dragons are rare and babies common?! What is this sorcery?! Did they just get their info wrong or did kevin hit his head on a speeding truck or something?
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:51 am

Yes, E-dragons = cheap deck.
And don't forget that germans said that Spellbook of Judgment would be a secret... lol.
6 cards = 600$, lol. Given that Masters is secret as well... deck could be 800 to 900 even, lol.. Tele DAD price level.

Anyway... I do favour Spellbook over E-dragons. That's right, if I have to pick now, right now - before the release to the TCG, I'd say Prophecy are the best. Now... E-dragons were already doing great in Asian tournaments, so there will be people that say: "E-dragons are the new best deck to play!". I personally dislike the OCG world, I don't think they are even that much of a "good players" there, I think that the TCG will do much better with the Spellbook deck... or maybe I'm just hoping that will be the case.

E-dragons are the most dumbass deck really, god knows why Konami made them. As you know, EX has like 7 members atm, so we're obviously recruiting. Unlike other teams we have a ruling exam to those who are approved for testing, we do that before we go into the duels. So naturally when a 1500 rating player asks for a try out, you say "sure" and give him the ruling test... I can't tell you number of high ranked players that get 0 (that's right, the last person I gave that test was 1390-ish player and he scored 0 out of 10) to 3, and 3 is like the max they can get. This is all cause of that skillful deck, just cause they played it in rated, against some umpa lumpas and got "free" wins.
I really really REALLY hope that everytime someone is playing against E-dragons, and they do the whole "combo" (they have 3)- they use all of their hand to summon a LaDD with a Dragosack, the E-drag's get like 1st turn Junon(Priestess)with Judgment, or like Ophion with compulse and dress/xyz reborn. Deck is stupid.
Back to top Go down
kaiza
WDA Member
WDA Member
kaiza

Waifu : Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:39 am

to be honest, I always thought I was nothing more than a dumb, weak fool for hating E dragons the way I do, or even hating it at all..................but if you can come and say the deck is awful..............*shrugs*

Either way, the format won't be an E dragon or Prophecy format, but one that has to be shared between the two, with evilswarms either trying to topple them over, or eat the scraps.......

As for E dragons, its hard to believe, but this is what people wanted. People want broken decks, and only those, so konami made one that can theoretically laugh at chaos emperor dragon. Makes me wonder what deck is next
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:30 am

No. People did not want baby forms in LTGY, only bad players that can't play the game wanted that.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:26 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
No. People did not want baby forms in LTGY, only bad players that can't play the game wanted that.

So you are one of the guys that were expecting a format dominated by a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$x999999 deck with almost no equals except mermail (wich are no cheap either)...

I'm ok with this tbh lol. We're getting 3 huge decks now. One of them being the cheapest (not really anyway, look at the extra deck, 3 secret dragosack and big eyes), AND the strongest. Mirror Matches will be interesting as long as both players are skilled, if one of them isn't then we should guess the result (playing dragons by dropping ladd dragosack or big eye anytime you feel like it is not really smart and, sadly, that's the most recurent play I saw from Dragon players).

Bad players are bad, if they win with E Drags while you were using a top tier deck that's actually capable of beating them, that's because of luck, or your missplays, that's all, yu gi oh. If you were using a mediocre deck, then you're playing in another league (the "UU" league, lol) and wont be winning anytime soon unless your opponent is a bad player.

Elemental Dragons is an enjoyable deck if you play against something similar in terms of power, so I don't see how all """"pro"""" players would hate this, except the ones who wasted all their $$$$$$$$$$$ in Prophecy just because they're mad.

At this time this game cant be what it used to be, just get used to it and look at the bright side of this I guess, lol.

Meh, I'll have high hopes for Prophecy and Mermail + Tidal at least.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:59 pm

The point is that E-dragons are easy to use, easy to get. On skill level of piloting, it's like E-heroes, but with more... no, much more broken cards. Mirror matches are all "Big Eye" this and "Big Eye" that.
I said the LaDD thing, cause I don't see why it's "that" needed. Sure I guess you can like lock your opponent or something. If your turn 1 LaDD is being poped by something, it means that you'll most likely lose. Like if they didn't have LaDD, I might not even "hate" like this on the deck. Don't get me wrong, I know that LaDD is a okay card, but it's more a double-edged sword. If you think about it, after you summon the Dragon - unless you had Super Rejuvenation in play, you'll have something like 2 cards in hand. < - LaDD being your only protection or w.e.
That itself can win games, as I've seen, but that could lose games pretty quickly as well.

Anyway... Spellbook will do extremely good, judging from DN, since OCG players are bad... Water won't be that good anymore, I even consider them as rank 4 in the current tier 1s.
#1 Spellbook, #2 E-dragons, #3 E.Swarms and then #4 Water.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:43 am

It is a fact that many bad players are playing dragons in rated and doing well if their opponents dont have decks that compare, but that alone doesnt make it an easy deck, any player of any level can play any good deck and win. In comparison to what do dragons play more easy than? Have you played them competitivelly against as good players with as good decks, or played competitive mirror matches for it? It still amazes me how by looking at the deck and cards people will say that competitively it is an easy deck to pilot and the mirror match is a random process that is determined by divine providence or something, and how any player can make the best choices from a hand of e-dragons, and that winning or losing is pure luck. Imo, e-drag format is the most skilled one I've seen in my time playing competitively.

Btw, ladd metagame was about a month ago, it's either dropped or at 1 with 1 eclipse now. Also, dropping your hand is fine, you don't need it in all cases in e-drags since you can go for 3 summons per turn steady with no hand and standard settup, or more if you are exhausting your resources. I always considered tcg players to be pretty bad in comparison to ocg ones, both because I've been seeing great ocg ones and because of how terrible tcg ones keep proving themselves. On what players are you basing your impression that the ocg players are bad?

Personally I wanted us to get the baby dragons, although it's impossible to get the dragossacs and big eyes (so can't really play the deck, and at least prophecy alone would be much easier to deal with), but I never expected it to be cheap anyways. Looks like it will be a smart format, and so long as tcg players dont disappoint (which usually happens...) bad players will lose, good players and calls will win.

I know I've used tidal mermail, and it's fun outplaying e-drags with it, with your gaios and dweller and otk opportunities when played well (pray they dont know the matchup, and you'll do well), but I feel like generally it does what e-drags do and unfortunatelly needs a hand to do it (yeah, sure, outs to ophion etc. but even if that filled the gap, well we didn't get kappa, that sucks). It will play a bit because people gave money for it and they just need a stream and tidal addition to keep it going, but if money was not an issue, it wouldn't be in the format I think, teus or not. Then again, we have alot of mermail players now, maybe they'll get lucky. Then again again, they have big eye and gaios already, they'll need a dragossac anyways, so ynaut e-drags?

Will be interesting to see whether star hall will make a difference though, priestess being bigger than dragossac/tidal/blaster does make a difference (can't bait out fate or open the field as easy), so a successful judgment settup + veiler should keep you pretty safe even without jowgen/kycoo. Then again it both takes one turn and may get you otk'd, and droll lock is being mained for a reason. It's the kind of metagame that will keep evolving in response to the things the other decks pull out, so even if star hall makes a big difference, we should see something being done about it. Anyways, if I had to make a prediction, I wouldn't say it will be an equal competition, I'd say something similar to ocg in regards to where e-drags and prophecy are.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Quote :
In comparison to what do dragons play more easy than? Have you played them competitivelly against as good players with as good decks, or played competitive mirror matches for it? It still amazes me how by looking at the deck and cards people will say that competitively it is an easy deck to pilot and the mirror match is a random process that is determined by divine providence or something, and how any player can make the best choices from a hand of e-dragons, and that winning or losing is pure luck. Imo, e-drag format is the most skilled one I've seen in my time playing competitively.

1. There is nothing skilful in summoning a Big Eye.
2. The majority of e-dragon players have no idea what's going on.
3. Comparing E-dragons with Spellbooks, if you have ever played either deck, you'll see that Spellbook doesn't always open "the nuts" and that you have to think your way out of things. The same goes for the Spellbook mirror match, that takes soo much more thinking than E-dragon one that you obviously have no idea.
4. There were plenty of formats that take more skill than this. Goat Format, Tele-DAD format, DDT format(one of the best decks ever made, a deck that took real skill to pilot)... hell, even the WU format(last one) - Sure, you get Magician +Shark = easy stuff, but the deck had soo many combos that if you combine all of the decks now, you still won't get that amount.

The E-dragon deck that you just priced so much (for god knows what reason) have what... 3-4 plays, at max.

The format is overall bad, but it's normal for the game to go into that phase now. Bad/New players need to be introduced to the game + play it will increase their amount of play-time. If you look at last format, the one before the semi-water one, you had the best deck topping everything - Wind-up, a lot of those "e-dragon" players back then were... to simply say it "pwned" by the Wind-up players (good wind-up players).
At the moment you don't need skill to be a "top player". It's true what you said - we'll have 3 decks that will battle eachother for the top spot, but correct me if I'm wrong - even if Water was the best deck before LTGY, we still had soo many good decks that you can pilot and still win. Now after that E-dragons are here, we won't have that.
The format will shift once again to a 3 deck format.

The... I'm not gonna call it "Dragon" format, since I do think Spellbooks will do extremely well - being able to lock E-dragons even going 2nd in the duel is pretty good. The only thing that is bad about Spellbooks is that you can open with a "bad hand", not like E-dragons - they'll always have the Dragosack play. It's really the only thing, well aside from summoning Gaios, in turn one that the deck has.

Anyway, I guess everyone has their own opinion on this, I'll always call E-dragons cheap, since it takes the less amount of skill in any match-up you'll have with the deck, and Spellbooks cause they'll always have more combos and more "smart" plays than dragons.

Sadly I haven't said anything about E.Swarms, and it's really a shame since the deck is really good. I like Anti-meta decks, they always feel more consistent than the meta decks - given that people side mostly for the Meta - E-dragon and Spelbook, not for the Anti-meta decks. And like if you're not playing one of the main 3 decks, you'll probably lose to E.Swarms. Like I said, the deck is the most consistent one of the big 3 as of now.
There is still hope in this format. I've played and watched countless of games in rated, I can say that the most High-end rank players use Spellbook, not E-dragon. I don't consider that if you're the top #1 DN player you're good, since I've played with a good amount of previous #1 rank players, and they weren't anything great. Having the top players (that's above 1700) use Spellbook, is telling me that Spellbook will do better than E-dragons.
Ofc... the deck is at Tele-DAD price level and we'll have to see how many will there be.
Back to top Go down
Niko327
WDA Member
WDA Member
Niko327

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Niko327

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:44 pm

In my opinion from what I've seen, E-Dragons take a lot more skill than Spellbooks to play. Sure, E-Dragons are still pretty easy in the first and second turn, but if you don't completely destroy your opponent with your first play, then E-Dragons take a lot of thinking when it comes to what you're gonna do next to outplay your opponent. Spellbooks are simple: play judgment, play everything in your hand, end turn. I don't understand how you could think Spellbooks take more skill than E-Dragons, let alone that Judgment Spellbooks take much skill at all.

Konami was very smart in making the dragons common and rare since they made Big Eye and Draggosack secret. Makes the deck seemingly cheap, and a much better deal than going for Spellbooks. Also I believe E-Dragons will overall trump Spellbooks, simply because they have more options. Spellbooks gain a lot of resources fast with Judgment, but E-Dragons just overpower way too much, they have so many outs. Spellbook of Fate is practically the only thing in Spellbooks that interrupt anything, but one or two of those doesn't really hurt E-Dragons, as we've seen with people trying to side deck macro, whereas Spellbooks are so easy to side against. They kind of remind me of this format's Dark Worlds because they can dominate game 1, but game 2 and 3 they're just too easily countered.

Evilswarms will only win if they get lucky. First turn Ophion with safe zone is about the only thing they've got, going second they can't do crap against E-Dragons or Spellbooks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LTGY: Dedicated to...   LTGY: Dedicated to... Empty

Back to top Go down

LTGY: Dedicated to...
Page 1 of 1