World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi, I have a business proposition!

Go down 
+7
Joker
Nour Force
danna45
Sherlock Holmes
akaFila
J.J. Knight
Mister
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mister
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mister

Achievement Points : 0

Hi, I have a business proposition! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi there!

I'm sorry to post this in the introduction section, but I couldn't pm DigiDigi becase as I'm a new user I should reach a post limit. So I hope the main Admins here don't mind that I post my proposition here.

My IGN is Mister, I'm the founder of Pro Revolution Academy.

I am an old player that started his duelist career back in ygo2, and after the closure of ygo3 many duelists just spread around the world in different communities, academies etc. My main dream and goal is to create a community to gather all the best ygo players back together and have insane fun as we did in ygo3 with team wars, different tournaments, world events etc etc. I consider that the only possibility to reach that goal is growing together as an academy and working for the benefit of the players. I would like to offer you a merge between our academies, if you are interested, of course.

We plan to be the best dueling academy in the world and I would like your help achieving that! I promise a position for all your current staff between the staff of my Academy, you can move all your ongoing events/RPG and anything generally that is important to PRA. I really would like you to consider my offer seriously and to chat about further details by skype: gambit_1986
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:29 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

J.J. Knight wrote:
No.

akaFila wrote:
No.

What they said.

No.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Hell no.

Go back to where you once belonged, because you surely don't belong here.
Back to top Go down
Mister
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mister

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm

lol, nice academy, really very polite people "belong" here loling
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Shoo. Get out. *Pushes kitten/Mister out the cat door*
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:24 pm

So let me get this straight. You want to take a pre-existing academy, one that has been around for almost 2 years and originated from another academy that existed for 2-3 years before that and have them join up with your little no name academy that has only just started all because, and I apologize to Martin Luther King for this but, you "Had a dream".

And yet you expect a polite response from the members of this academy. Just saying "No" is about as polite as you're going to get.

In case you were wondering, my stance on this is a solid, Hell No!
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes, yes, I understand. This seems like a grand opportunity to establish our community and unite the Yu-Gi-Oh! world together. We are awe-struck by your dedication to the world of Yu-Gi-Oh!, and we believe that it would be best in everyone's interests that this merge does happen.

In order to begin merging, we will however ask of you to fill in this form.

Long Version:

Last edited by Kimo Force on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm

i'm sorry and appreciate the offer i guess, but we will have to decline your offer.
we mainly simply do not want to, we are all too fond of this place.
along with the fact that most of us really don't play yugioh too much anymore.

we have nothing to gain here and it's obvious none of the members care for it so that's that

also the "belong" thing danna said was a joke reference to a song he didn't mean anything by it
Back to top Go down
Mister
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mister

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm

it's pretty obvious that when you are trying to be polite you expect a person to be polite aswell, as far as I understand my proposition is written in a very polite way, without any offense and only with noble intentions to build a bigger community, but anyway, I really apologize to Anthelme Brillat-Savarin who said "Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are", I would add to that phrase something like "tell me how you behave and I will tell you what kind of animal you are" Hi, I have a business proposition! 2534869488

Quote :
your little no name academy that has only just started

yes, you are right, my academy is little and started just 1 month ago, but for "some reason" we are higher in ranking than your big academy that has existed for several years, and by the way, the name is PRO Revolution Academy, meaning that we have a lot of PRO players, if you don't beleive me, just come around and we will test you, let's see what dormitory you get.

P.S. I apologize to all the nice and polite people that this academy has, I still beleive there are some nice people here =/
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:01 pm

I apologize that we failed to see the excellence of your membership. I was unable to see what pure talent your academy had. Forgive me, but I cannot bow to you on the account that I really don't give a flying f***.

You can claim to be a 'pro', but to me, all I hear is 'people who spend way to much time inside playing card games that doing something productive'. Your attempt to reel in members from our academy is really pathetic.

FYI, this is me being nice. Ask around if you don't believe me.
Back to top Go down
Mister
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mister

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Kimo Force: I simply asked in the chat the other members who should I contact for questions like this, and they told me about DigiDigi, it's not like I'm trying to make other admins "less important", it's totally not the case. And also I didn't know that this academy is practically not interested in YGO, I thought it is because all the banners and sections are about yugioh...

AliBaba: thanks for your reply, that's the way people should treat each other I guess.

Good luck in everything WDA, I liked this academy by it's look in the beginning and I was hoping for expanding the YGO world, but as I said, I didn't know you're not interested in YGO anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Mister wrote:
Kimo Force: I simply asked in the chat the other members who should I contact for questions like this, and they told me about DigiDigi, it's not like I'm trying to make other admins "less important", it's totally not the case. And also I didn't know that this academy is practically not interested in YGO, I thought it is because all the banners and sections are about yugioh...

It was a joke, bubba, don't take it too hard on yourself. We do that a lot here, and it's acceptable because this is how close we've all grown together.

Anyways, I'm glad this is sorted out. Best of luck on your new academy.

I'll lock this topic now, I don't see any point in keeping it open for any longer.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:39 am

Mister wrote:
it's pretty obvious that when you are trying to be polite you expect a person to be polite aswell, as far as I understand my proposition is written in a very polite way, without any offense and only with noble intentions to build a bigger community, but anyway, I really apologize to Anthelme Brillat-Savarin who said "Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are", I would add to that phrase something like "tell me how you behave and I will tell you what kind of animal you are" Hi, I have a business proposition! 2534869488

Quote :
your little no name academy that has only just started

yes, you are right, my academy is little and started just 1 month ago, but for "some reason" we are higher in ranking than your big academy that has existed for several years, and by the way, the name is PRO Revolution Academy, meaning that we have a lot of PRO players, if you don't beleive me, just come around and we will test you, let's see what dormitory you get.

P.S. I apologize to all the nice and polite people that this academy has, I still beleive there are some nice people here =/

I'd just like to point out that you're obviously very new to this, and I'd like to give you a few pointers in how to run your academy and how to procure your business propositions. Unfortunately, this is locked, so you won't be able to respond, but if you stalk our cbox for a while I'll pop up sooner or later, if you really want to talk to me about this.

1.) The fact that you're an amateur (at best, no offense) is evident from your very first post. You give no information about yourself other than your name and the name of your academy, you give no stats on how long you have been around, how active you are, or anything else of importance for academy affiliation. Now, from the point of view of a receiver or a reception, this indicates one, or possibly more, of 3 things.
-> That you purposely omit these facts because you know that they look bad
-> That you are too forgetful about how to structure things to be a decent leader
-> That you are very, very stupid.

The fact of the matter is, if you want an academy to be friends with you, you have to look attractive. You don't, from this post alone. 
(and I just visited your site, and the colour scheme and main banner are quite, quite off. Again, no offense, we know how easily you seem to be offended.)
The clue that you aren't attractive is the violent rejection of the idea by our current members.

2.) This is not a business proposition. Business occurs in which 2 or more parties make deals for the benefit of 2 or more parties and, granted, business does have a fair deal of shady back room tactics to allow one parties to get an edge over the other, this is kind of a slap in the face.

You seem to essentially be offering for us to move our academy and its attractions to -your- academy, and for us to get staff positions at your academy, of course lower in the ladder than your other, pre-existing staff members. I'm sorry, we're not in a position to move academies at the moment, and your offering of this only again shows your inexperience.

Affiliations are between two academies where a link to eachothers' sites are put on eachothers' front pages, portals, etc., so as to effectively share the member bases of each site and the attractions of each site. That's how these things usually go down.
What you seem to be asking for is more of a hostile corporate takeover, which is odd because you're asking for it instead of, say, hacking the academy and taking it over, which would probably be Plan B in that regard.

3.) Tying into the last sentence of my first point, our members are our members. Essentially, they do not fully represent the academy, they're not staff. You seem to take their rejection of the idea (e.g. J.J.'s "No.") as a staff response, and that again shows your inexperience. To be honest, when you make the above mistakes in the introduction section, instead of finding an admin on the chat box or making a post to ask an admin to contact you, you're putting your request in full view of the academy.
Considering the mistakes above, they seem to have not liked it.

Beyond this, you seem to resort then, to insulting our memberbase for showing their negative opinions by inferring that they do not 'belong' here. Well, Kimo already answered this one, I would suggest that you should attempt to be more polite and more professional in future dealings with our academy, and with every other academy you deal with, including your own.

Yes, alluding to your third post in this topic, your proposition was polite enough, your follow-up, less so. "No." is a very polite response coming from a memberbase.

Additionally, please avoid attempting to one-up our academy. I quite frankly don't care if you're higher in ranking than 'our big academy', especially considering that I have no idea what ranking you're talking about, and in terms of what. Players? Posts? Hours? What?

Also, avoid inferring that your players are better than ours. It's petty and immature.

4.) I'm a big believer in a decent name. "Mister" is quite a good name, I congratulate you on that. "Pro Revolution Academy", however, is not. Take the "Pro" out, it makes you sound immature and egotistical. Maybe something to think about, yet again, no offense.

5.) Probably should have asked a few of the members about the academy to get a feel of what it was about before you asked to affiliate, in the same way that it's a good idea to look up a company before you apply for a job or go to an interview there. Since you say you asked the members for DigiDigi to contact, you might as well have asked a few questions as well.

Well, take the tips into account, good luck with your academy, I'll add you on skype in case you want to rant at me about how WDA sucks and your academy is better, or if you just want to ask questions about running an academy, getting affiliations, getting more members, etc.

Best of luck,
Fish
(Actually staff, along with Kimo Force.)
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:32 am

I spent the time yesterday to explain to him how WDA works, why this all happened, cleared the misunderstandings, and gave him a proper scolding. I think we're officially done with this. 

Hi, I have a business proposition! B969d9c7145e73377f7bd888fe7c9db9
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:50 am

Shotgun being the guy next to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I have a business proposition!   Hi, I have a business proposition! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, I have a business proposition!
Page 1 of 1