World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LoL vs DOTA 2

Go down 
+3
Katarina
Unknown
Reikan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 am

LoL vs DOTA 2 Dota_2_vs__league_of_legends_by_m1lo96-d637tz6

I haven't touched DOTA 2 yet and I'm pretty much a Valve fanboy now, but I do like that LoL is balanced with its roster and that Riot continues to nerf OP characters. However, unless we set something up here to play in organized teams or if I find people at my school who play LoL and set up a team that way, I'm not sure if I want to play LoL because of trolls. Idk if DOTA 2 has a similar issue with that or not.

So I have a few questions for the MOBA gamers here.

1. Where does DOTA 2 succeed where LoL fails?

2. Where does LoL succeed where DOTA 2 fails?

3. Has the LoL community gotten any better in terms of behavior and have they stopped the intentional sabotaging (the trolling)?

I just watched this video and wanted to know what else is missing from this explanation and your own personal opinions on the two games. I'm just trying to make a conscious decision on which MOBA to dedicate my time to study and get competitive at.

Last edited by Reikan on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:36 am

For me, it's not really trolling, but really angry people who start to yell at everyone when they lose. So if you can take a little of cussing then you're pretty much ready for MOBA's. There will be some people who do decide to troll, but that's usually after they realize it's a lose, so they attempt to use "trolling" as an excuse for their poor performance. I have not met anyone who comes into a game with the intention of trolling from the get-go. There are certainly VERY BAD players, but they're just really bad not actual trolls. Honestly, the community is not as bad as it's made out to be. You will get randoms who rage, but who the heck doesn't get angry once in a while? A significant portion of the community is genuinely good people. It's not all bad, but there are just a couple of baddies. I think this applies to both LoL and Dota 2.

Dota 2 has all the champions available for free from the get-go. LoL requires you to earn points to spend on champions through playing the game.

LoL has a ranked system so you'll be grouped with people on similar skill levels. And we have Teemo. We have more LoL players here than Dota 2 players, so there's that little group thing.

To be fully honest, both are great games. I just play LoL over Dota 2 because I discovered LoL first, and now I've become addicted to it.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:41 am

I have actually played a fair amount of LoL before and simply quit because of all of the intentional farming that I was experiencing. However, I'm willing to suck it up if its worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 am

i play lol because i want to have lol..lol >_>
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:27 am

EVERYONE PLAY HON! No. HoN is terrible. Nobody plays HoN.

Neither community has 100% perfectly nice players. You'll experience people who are ragers in both games.

Also we have ARAM where it's 5v5 mid with random champions which was not mentioned when he talked about the different maps.

LoL Or Dota 2, it really doesn't matter as much as you think. They're both MOBA's. They both have an iffy community. Play whatever you want. I'll just stick to LoL for now though. blink
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:53 am

I play both DOTA2 and LoL. I think LoL is the better game but DOTA2 is a more unique experience.

DOTA 2 offers you tools that, quite frankly, no game should. Valve has always been on the "beat laser Raptor Jesus with another laser Raptor Jesus", AKA if something is OP, make everything else OP... I'm amazed DOTA 2 doesn't have more trollers then LoL. I find the level of ragers and trollers on equal terms, just that the damage control is much lower for DOTA. Don't like your team? Suicide your carrier over and over. Going "GG" in the chat every two seconds and want to troll because you think it's over? Sell everything and get a Blade of Divine and die on purpose. Too many heroes skills directly effect others play as well, such as Tiny being able to throw other heroes.

There is also a ton of power without gameplay. Dota is FULL of passives and point-n-clicks, making dying feel a lot more unsatisfying and helpless, and killing people feel too empowering. It's like everyone came to the knife fight with Bazookas. People might disagree with me for saying this, but I think LoL is a higher skill game because DOTA 2 teaches you how to build, position and fight with it's outdated Warcraft III mechanics people don't want to let go. Shadow Shaman can disable you for like 8 seconds... 8 freakin seconds. This is a support with two high damage skills. The ever banned Amumu from League of Legends ult lasts 2 seconds.

This is not to say LoL is better period. There is much more reaction, skill shots, actives and kiting to juggle with a much more fluid control system, everyone who has a skill that can be abuse trolled with is generally dealt with and visually understanding your opponent without knowing them is easy... Karthus, a skeleton mage is going to cast spells at you, Ashe is a frost archer, and so on and players play according to that speed (not the case with DOTA 2 were tons of things have invisibility, Zesus's ult has no counterplay or warning, and a billion other examples I can go on) but at all this comes the cost of unique fun. LoL wouldn't dare do what DOTA 2 does because LoL has found a competitive balance that is easier for people to swallow, they want their game to be as fair for everyone and not helpless when Outworld Devourer or Anti-Mage hits the field and they're the wrong. But with this fairness things can't be created... like item stacking a carry in DOTA 2, community using a carrier, bizarre strategy play (such as Tiny's throw), feeling like a complete and total bad ass on Phantom Lancer, traversing the entire map on Spirit Breaker because you can, and so on. These are things that LoL will NEVER see. Spirit Breaker = travel the map like... whenever, not even a long cooldown. Twisted Fate can't stop getting nerfed.

I think the only thing that keeps DOTA 2 from being a troll hive is the fact that it's linked to Steam accounts, and at least for that I'm thankful. I prefer LoL, but I see all the appeal in DOTA 2.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : iXcertion

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am

Dota 2 has better schematics to me but its easier for me to play LoL because i have Rl friends and can go to any convenient store/gas station to buy Rp points which is better than adding it on my bill...
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Chihiro Furuya wrote:
Dota 2 has better schematics to me but its easier for me to play LoL because i have Rl friends and can go to any convenient store/gas station to buy Rp points which is better than adding it on my bill...
Please refrain from necroposting, or posting in old topics. As you can see, the last post was from August 11th. It's two months old.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:24 am

As it stands, however, if you're looking at LoL's community it's important to realise the difference between early-game and late-game community.
Summoner level 1 - 10 usually heralds in 3 kinds of people other than your average joe kinds of people:

Smurfs, who kick the shit out of you using non-viable builds or champs
Trolls, normally level 1 - 3, who intentionally feed and quit at the start because LMAO SUCH NOOB
Newbs, who are (understandably) new and terrible and should probably play bots first.

Later on, you get:

Ragers, who think they're amazing and that you suck
Ragers, who think that you suck and that they're carrying when they're not
Feeders, who do badly because they suck, but they're just bad, so it's okay.

I honestly find the best way to stop these people from doing what they do is to be the dick yourself. From the get-go, just start abusing people and making stupid immature jokes, and they'll all be like, "I'm not mad! ^~^" and be all fine about things.

You tend to get reported once or twice but nobody cares about reports anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL vs DOTA 2   LoL vs DOTA 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LoL vs DOTA 2
Page 1 of 1