World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LoL Arena matches and achievements

Go down 
+3
Fish
Leviera
Grand Mage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

LoL Arena matches and achievements  Empty
PostSubject: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm

You'll start by noticing for once my text isn't in red, that's because this is the first time I've been serious about something since being here. Mission Statement; our current achievement system revolves around 3 different methods to obtain points Yugioh, posting/graphics, and writing. Two of these available options are limited to those with specific talents that other’s don’t or can’t possess (speaking mostly for myself) And the last option has very limited use when a very small fraction of our academy actually duels and only recently has it come back to attention due to a mixture of the September format and Pure_win’s massive dueling spree exciting the community and most likely will go back into its cryogenic state soon.. So what I’m offering here is a fourth available option, LoL based achievements.

After a lengthy discussion with Supasmash he notified me that some of these achievements would just cause chaos and trolling, people selecting “unprecedented” champions and builds and not being good at them would cause massive loses and be considered trolling without knowledge of how to play champions such as “Mage Corki” So we both came to a resolution that adds and even better flavor to this system. All achievements will be based on 1v1 matches and hopefully be posted in the arena like Yugioh matches but I’m not hoping for much.

These are just possible ideas to show that there are a vast amount of potential achievements of varying difficulties to put out.

L1. “Zerg Rush”
Win a game as any champion while running revive and teleport summoner spells.
AP 1

L2. “I disagree with Marksmen”
Win a game playing any ADC Champion as a Mage
AP 1

L3. “GG means Get Good”
Win a match before your enemy has the ability to surrender at 20 minutes.
AP 1

L4. “Did you think it was over?”
Get to level 30
AP 2

L5. “You’re on your way kid”
Get 500 accumulated wins
AP 1

L6. “Is last hitting supposed to be hard?”
Accumulate 20,000 gold in any match through any method
AP 2

L8. “Didn’t you say this one already?”
Build any AP Mage as an AD champ.
AP 1

L9. “This isn’t Dungeons and Dragons”
Roleplay your champion the entire match using at least 6 of your champions quotes.
AP 1

L10. “10 stacks of starfall may as well be an ultimate”
As any AP character or mage acquire 700 AP through any methods
AP 1

L11. “My Little Collection, Hoarding is Magic”
Own at least 50 champions
Ap 1

L12. “The scout’s code means nothing”
As Teemo, win a game without placing a single shroom
Ap 1

L13. “Grandmaster of the week”
Win a game as every free champion that week
Ap 2

L14. “You can’t catch me I’m…”
As Kassadin win a game with 0 deaths
Ap 2

L15. “You’ll need SPF 1,000 after this”
Win a game as AP Leona.
AP 1

Last edited by Surberous on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:36 pm

L2:Kennen
btw is L6 even possible?
Back to top Go down
https://www.google.com/
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:00 pm

EarlS wrote:
L2:Kennen
btw is L6 even possible?
I really hate the new Marksman description because it doesn't make sense, it classifies mage Assasins like Kennen in the same place as Ash. And yes it is possible to get 20K Gold. It takes good CS skills and a nice chunk of kills but nowhere near impossible.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:01 am

How exactly is the staff meant to know when you're not cheating?

Screenshots abound but there's no real way of verifying that this Teemo didn't place a shroom for hte entire game, or that that ADC didn't just sell all of his stuff and buy mage items as they were about to win, without making an admin spectate the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 am

Fish wrote:
How exactly is the staff meant to know when you're not cheating?
Screenshots abound but there's no real way of verifying that this Teemo didn't place a shroom for hte entire game, or that that ADC didn't just sell all of his stuff and buy mage items as they were about to win, without making an admin spectate the entire game.
For specific cases like this one that's why I'm hoping to get this official to the point where we can post in the arena and have achievements verified by your opponent But in the end if I can't and any of this gets accepted we can just remove ones that can't be verified without your opponent. These are a couple of examples I came up by myself on the spot, I or whoever gets put in charge of this could come up with better ones later.

Last edited by Surberous on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:11 am

Oh, well if you were after the simple concept of "LoL achievements" then that would be fine.
Feel free to come up with a list of about 20 - 30 achievements, and group them into groups like one that you have to be playing in a 1v1 against another member for, and ones where you only need the screenshot.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 am

That's the main objective, but I'm hoping that after some discussions I can get it counted as official matches in the Arena that can be awarded RP.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 am

Sounds fine by me. Just give us your ideas on RP awards concerning that as well. I'll stick your ideas in the staff section and we can have a look collectively before implementing it.
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:36 am

No this does nothing for WDA
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 am

hmm i think there should be some achievements possibly including wda LoL events or things you do with/against a member from wda instead of all being solo or maybe have those as the most.

also for the rp... i don't think we should do that, it will cause problems with the duel arena and awarding, and will also make people from other popular games we have here want the same for their games like pokemon and cfv which are actually have rp systems implemented for.

achievements are fine but rp is a bit of an overstretch in my opinion.

pure_wiN wrote:
No this does nothing for WDA
ok pw i know you're just saying this because we rejected your "youtube achievement" suggestion yesterday but here's a few differences between this and that.

first of all this is something that people here actually have interest in and unlike your suggestion and it's something that people can do together and even then this is still just being considered after a proper thought out and long post from someone wanting it, again unlike what you did.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:59 am

They cannot be awarded the universal RP because those are meant to rank you in ygo, ranking in several different things at the same time on the other hand would be pointless. Just like most games though, if you feel you could use a ranking system, the section mods can have a rankings table topic where they keep track of everyone's progress on it, considering that there won't be that many things to keep track of. If that catches on sufficiently a point system similar to RP may be implemented on profiles.

pw, don't spam.

One last thing, it's fine if people are failing while trying, if you are trying to find achievements where people just normally go the extra mile without restrictions on themselves, you are looking at it the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Baby steps, I'd love if a new rating system could start off in it's own personal thread. And I agree with everything you said Al up until "One last thing, it's fine if people are failing while trying, if you are trying to find achievements where people just normally go the extra mile without restrictions on themselves, you are looking at it the wrong way." Mostly because I don't understand what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm

It's funny you mention this because there's kind of a beta of League of Legends Achievements already typed out that was supposed to go up a couple days ago, this is already something that was about to happen. There are a couple of problems with your list though...

Firstly, making any achievement obtainable through custom games is not something that would be allowed, and I'm sure most anyone would agree on that. Given that, most achievements would need to not impact the team in such a way to were you're actually ruining the experience for others. A lot of these achievements wouldn't even fly all too well when it comes to playing with a normal group, I don't want to encourage toxic behavior in the game... nearly half of the achievements, fun or not, do heavily encourage it.

Secondly, the achievements cannot be based off of hitting a point in the game. By that I mean I can just walk in here and say, give me L11, L5 (nearly twice) and L4 please and never actually do anything. This is a problem because we're working with a game that at this point in time, there are plenty of players who are not actually working from the ground up.

Thirdly, generalizing an achievement to a single champion creates a situation where someone who may not like them at all are now required to buy them, learn them, play them and then get the achievement on them. This isn't too much of a problem since they're called achievements, but broader terms that work into champion pools while retaining the idea (Example, "Don't die on a Champion with a blink." (list of said Champions)) would allow a higher bar of access while not forcing someone to spend a couple weeks worth of IP on one champion they don't play to achieve a given goal.

Fourthly, the achievements have very poor defined limits. By that I mean all of these are very "breakable" unlike unique dueling achievements. League of Legends is not a solo game, I'm stating a very obvious fact here. What this does mean though, is that Yugioh achievements is a 1vs1 situation where you simply bested an individual with a silly concept, you still won fair and square. Here it is a team situation, there is absolutely no factor for going 0/16 on AD LeBlanc and getting carried. There is no factor that prevents farm camping and running away with 0/0 on Kassadin and getting it rewarded. There is no factor "defining" what a Mage or AD champion is; it's seriously all relative. Ashe is played support nowadays at higher elos, and Sion is something I played in the WDA tournament as a mage which must people do not view him as. I'm also an adamant believer in AD Annie being a thing and not a joke. Nearly none of the achievements have defined limits. It simply asks you to play something and win; this is not hard in the slightest when you have 4 allies who probably want to win as well.

Lastly, unless we had a larger League player base (we have a total of 5 people signed up for the current LoL tournament and everyone before that failed; I wouldn't even call the current one much of a success) creating a new ranking system doesn't seem necessary. We have a million rank, point, rating, etc systems and the vast majority of them fail. League of Legends has a win count, a level system, ranking elo, and most of all, it's a team based game. Not only do I think making a rank system would be silly, it would have to be built off of a misrepresentation of the game... or you know, we can accept having a bad mid as a reason not to drop in rank instead of people just striving to get better at a game regardless of the game, but that's LoL for you. Point being is, I'm against making a system that's generalized to a single individual as not only do I think it couldn't be sophisticated enough to incorporate all aspects of the game, but also nearly 90% of the player base of the game is ignorant of their own actions. For instance, this made up thing called elo hell. People don't actually try to better themselves and would fight any sort of sophisticated system so long as their "mid Teemo was feeding." and quite franky, I'd like to avoid the facepalm all together, because the chat does that enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoL Arena matches and achievements    LoL Arena matches and achievements  Empty

Back to top Go down

LoL Arena matches and achievements
Page 1 of 1