World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

******* by any other name

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : iXcertion

******* by any other name - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: ******* by any other name   ******* by any other name - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:43 am

First topic message reminder :

******* by any other name - Page 2 OZmjDTb  Another one to add to your list but i must admit there are a few "Kinks" in the engine.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

PostSubject: fix   ******* by any other name - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 pm

https://i.imgur.com/JFsoczO.png
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: ******* by any other name   ******* by any other name - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:20 am

1. This is the topic I made for the arguement of your deck since it dragged too long into a different topic, if you still want to talk about it, use this one in the future.
2. Y-y-you summoned Xyz monsters against a 56 card deck?! That's amazing! I don't even know why I bother arguing...
3. This may be too complex, but posting random wins is not a valid arguement for 2 reasons. First of, you are obviously not posting your losses, you can just select the games that you win and post those. Secondly, let's bring up an example: Let's say you use this deck https://i.imgur.com/II4M4Sr.png
Obviously it's a terrible deck, I don't think I have to argue that one, other than 5 cards in that deck, no other card can even be summoned or used in any way. Now let's say that you happen to open the 5 pieces of exodia in that deck and thus win. That victory would not make that deck good.

You may think that "hey, if it won it's good" and that's probably why this may be considered complex to some (can't believe I'm saying that), but as this is a game of chance, probabilities for multiple events always exist. What we are looking for when building a deck, is not a random win, it is maximizing the chance of victory instead, meaning that if we went just by results, (which is still a bad way to look at it, after the fact the information is useless, we need the information in order to win the game, therefore we want it before the game), we would consider good something that consistently wins against opponents/decks above a certain level. The right way to do it would be to properly justify how the deck achieves its win conditions in realistic scenarios (meaning that you have to consider that there is also an opponent who is also a player who also wants to win), but that may be too much to ask considering we are at a stage where a win against a 56 card deck is considered a valid arguement. I have some ojamas, they won against 40 card decks so they are probably better. But hey, maybe 56 deck > 40 deck, math agrees, wouldn't surprise me, level of logic uncertain.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

PostSubject: Re: ******* by any other name   ******* by any other name - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:45 pm

https://i.imgur.com/DDHUn55.png
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: moving   ******* by any other name - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:13 pm

1) This discussion has been moved to that topic http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t6950-by-any-other-name
I will leave this here for 1 day for you to see this in case you are not yet aware (you should have been the first time, the topic remained on the latest topics for days), I will then move it and the next time you post something like that in this topic, I will consider it spam.
2) Pretty much every arguement from my previous response to such a post applies, seeing as this is a 45-47 card deck you are facing with a Cyber Summon Blaster and a Proto Cyber Dragon in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ******* by any other name   ******* by any other name - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

******* by any other name
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Yu-Gi-Oh! :: YGO Talk :: YGO Discussion-
Jump to: