World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reikan's iPad GFX Kinda-Tutorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

Reikan's iPad GFX Kinda-Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Reikan's iPad GFX Kinda-Tutorial   Reikan's iPad GFX Kinda-Tutorial EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Nour Force wrote:
Reikan wrote:
Alibaba wrote:
frozen is overrated!
and no i won't let it go

I think you are my number one fan, Squidward.
Nour Force wrote:
Reikan wrote:
My first wallpaper:

And other thing:

Spoiler:
So, any chances you can tell me how you made those? c: Also, the fonts?
I'm guessing that's a no?
You monster.
It's not like I wanted to know how you make your sigs or anything!!
b-bakamono!!!

Alrighty I wanted to make an article for this but I might as well do it here.  I do not use Photoshop, GIMP, or any other software on the PC. I operate solely on an iPad. I am slowly figuring out its limitations the more experienced I get, however everything I need to do can be done with some of the apps that I have. I am doing my best to explore and exploit these apps and use them together to create splendid graphic design that is best tailored to my simple style.

I personally use all of these photo apps to make a final product, Instagram included as the final stop:

I made an album on Imgur about it to save up space on this post, plus too lazy to make gfx tutorial since I doubt anyone else does GFX on an iPad...

https://imgur.com/a/KLwfC

I'll just quickly explain what each app does.

Union is where I render images, create base colored bgs, and overlay images or make collages. Easily the most useful app I have.

Tangent is really the heart and sole of the design and creates those simple designs, it' just up to me to choose which blends with what and how everything blends.

Fragment is more experimental, but requires Tangent to really work and creates those cool fragmented bgs.

Pixelmator is basically my mini-photoshop. I still have yet to figure out all of it's tricks and I basically use it at the moment to burn images and it also supplements the blend.

Facetune is more catered towards real pepople images to create a photogenic look, but is also used on 2D renders to sharpen and supplement the blending process.

Afterlight is my Light Room. It is the best collection of filters on the App Store and has other neat gimmicks, but I mainly use it as my primary Light Room.

Over is where I get all of my fonts. I bought more, so I think I have over 150ish? The fonts can also be tinkered with, which is neat.

Litely is just a supplementary Light Room where subtlety is it's primary focus. It uses soft filters to make your images stand out. It could really use more customization instead of a Lux slider, but it does what it intends to do.

And then my last stop is always Instagram. It combines Afterlight and Litely and is detailed enough to give it that hipster finish. Just kidding, not really perhaps... but despite the cliche filtering options, the filters are fully customizable and also serve as a supplement to me to make that "finished" look.

So I'll just post here a before and after:

Before:

After:
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/

Reikan's iPad GFX Kinda-Tutorial
Page 1 of 1