World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game of the Year for 2014?

Go down 
+4
Minako
Mirasi
J.J. Knight
Kimo Force
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Game of the Year for 2014? Empty
PostSubject: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:08 am

I'd put up a competition, but I'm pretty sure we all know who would win hands down.

Game of the Year for 2014? Super_smash_bros_3ds_wii_u_header

So instead we're doing a thread for everyone else to post what their personal game of the year is. I'm pretty sure we all have a lot of different opinions. Also, if Smash is your game of the year, you can go on and explain why so.

I would personally nominate Bayonetta 2, but I haven't played that, so it doesn't count. Even though I got both Far Cry 4 and Wolfenstein: The New Order, again, I never played those during 2014 (Far Cry 4 is waiting at my friend's house while Wolfenstein is still in transit). I'm not sure if remakes would count either. There's Demon Gaze, but that originally came out in 2013 in Japan. I could also say Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, but that's again a remake which I barely played anyways...
Damnit.

Game of the Year for 2014? 91lL-MXmJyL._SL1500_

Sadly this and Five Night's At Freddy's were the only true games that launched in 2014 that I played this year. FFAF I only played for one night, and it wasn't really all that interesting after having watched playthroughs and figuring out the best ways to approach the animatronics. So...

I'm left with nominating this pile of shit as my GOTY. Well, might as well focus on the positive stuff. The combat was your typical Halo-styled combat; it felt very responsive with a lot of verticality. The vehicles were really impressive to drive too. Enemy AI is smart and competent enough to give you a challenge. Music is somewhat decent if not forgettable.

And that's it. Really. That's all the good things that I can say about this game. I'm not going to point out the negatives because I'd just take up so much space doing so. Let's leave it at "everything else is bad".

And that's why Destiny is my game of the year.
Sigh.

Eat dick, Activision
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:30 am

Game of the Year for 2014? Pokemon-omega-alpha

I've gotta say that this game MADE my 2014. I have both games, but I always find myself playing ORAS. ORAS is the PERFECT Pokemon remake. Ruby and Sapphire was the first Pokemon games my brother and I played together, and remains the sole link that bonds us as brothers. I am a huge Pokemon fan. I've been so since I was a child, and ORAS did everything PERFECT. The 'Too much Water' IGN reason for giving it a lower score was bullshit, as I found that the water wasn't much of a factor until the end game. ORAS updated to 6th Gen standards and introduced many of the amazing features that XY brought, including Megas.

This is my Game of 2014 hands down.
Back to top Go down
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Mirasi / Sexy Neko

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:33 am

I'm gonna go with Smash. My reason being because Lucina is my waifu and I like the game, the fighting in it is fun. I also like the sonic stage, and the fact it has some of my favourite music from sonic games, such as 'Seven Rings in Hand'. Also, Amiigo functionality is fun, and the bot AI's are far improved from those in previous smash games.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 5:38 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and nominate Dark Souls II. I spent hundreds of hours playing the game and loving the crap out of it. Within the first week I probably put in 100 to 150 hours alone and it took me forever to burn out on it. Despite that, I'm waiting for it to re-release on the PS4 this year so I can enjoy it all over again. It's amazing and even though it doesn't compare to the first in a lot of ways, I loved it and still love it. I think it's a great game and should be considered for GOTY. I could make an Al sized post on the game but I really don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Game of the Year for 2014? Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt

I like western rpgs.
I like Dragon Age Origins.
This game has a lot of shit to do.
Dragons.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Game of the Year for 2014? PwTxul2

Shocking, right?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Rome 2 Total War Emperor Edition
When released it was rubbish, absolute rubbish. But after some patching and release of 4 amazing DLCs its worthy the title of game of the year blink.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:16 am

Ill go with Leo on DA3. I haven't had so much fun with a game in a while. It has it's minute problems, but gdi its great.

Then again I want to nominate Hearthstone too... Idk so I'll stick with Inquisition.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:10 pm

I just remembered that there was another game from last year that I actually DID get my hands on.

Game of the Year for 2014? Transistor_postcard

I didn't play much of it, but from what I've played, I feel like I've gotten a good grasp of the game.

In my opinion, it's not a very competent game; as in, it's not very difficult, nor very challenging. That said though, everything else about this game is breath-taking. The visuals are stunning, the music is charming, the theme and design is beyond original, and the complexity of the mechanics (even if the game isn't that challenging) are phenomenal. Despite not being all too difficult of a game, I can't help but feel invested in the game, in the characters, in the story.

So despite what little I played of Transistor, I still found this game to be outstanding. And that, is why I nominate Transistor as my GOTY.

Suck my balls, Destiny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year for 2014?   Game of the Year for 2014? Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year for 2014?
Page 1 of 1