World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tab For A Cause

Go down 
+3
Fish
danna45
Behemoth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:05 am

Everybody always opens thousands of tabs on their internet and chrome and firefox. It's just something that happens. When you want a new internet page you don't open a new page, you open a new tab.

This is an app I've had for a while, that basically sets your tab homepage as a widget site with small, out-of-the-way adverts, so that every time you open a tab, they make a tiny amount of money. And you get a Tab For A Cause heart.

You accumulate your hearts and, at any point you want, whether you have 1 or 1000, you can choose how you'll distribute those hearts. Each heart is a token of the amount that your hit on that site, and those adverts, earned the charity.

Thus, when you distribute a heart to a charitable cause, Tab For A Cause will give the corresponding amount of money to that charity. It's literally free charitable giving, you aren't paying for or giving your own money, you're just generating advertising money for a charity which then donates that money to a cause that you want to help.

At the moment I think the only 5 choices of charitable things you can choose are:

-> Human Rights
-> Water
-> Education
-> Health
-> The Environment

Currently, I've not chosen to donate anything into Human Rights, Water, or Education. I've sunk 60 hearts into Health, and 3600 hearts into The Environment.

The impact of that is that, literally through just having an app on my chrome that replaces the tab screen with a slightly different tab screen, I've given the equivalent (If I were entirely donating to water) to giving 5 people clean water to drink for a year.

Which, if you think about it, is a lot, considering how many people use the internet, and how often.
And the fact that this was virtually free.

Collectively, everybody using the app, all put together, have given 3600 people clean water for a year. Which seems quite low - That stat may just be for a week, a month, or a year.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it's not for a year, it's given 3600 people a lifetime of clean water.

So, get tabbing and get donating. More information can be found on the site but if you use my recruitment link, it gives both of us (I think. Might just be me.) a load of bonus hearts, donations made by the people that run the site, just to help get the ball rolling.
The reason I'm posting this now, is the fact that they're going on a recruitment drive and I'd not thought of plugging it before.

http://www.tabforacause.org/?r=11077502

(Just let me know if the link doesn't work for any reason. This recruitment thing is weird as fuck.)

Be charitable, even though this is barely even charity, it's just kind of common sense.
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:23 pm

So if I macro Ctrl+T to press it 1000 times a second, that'd be legit?
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Totally legit. Though it'd probably momentarily lag the shit out of your computer.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 pm

And it's just you that gets the 350 hearts, Fish, just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 pm

I guess that's just half the free charity I thought it would be.

Shucks, guess it's not worth 2 minutes of our time after all.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:00 am

So who's still doing this
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:29 am

Anybody who originally downloaded it, I suppose. Unless they uninstalled it for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Waifu : Sukkito

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:59 am

Does this thing really work?
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:06 am

Yes, did I not explain that in the post?
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

Waifu : EarlS

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:07 am

I'm still doing it since there's really no reason to stop
Back to top Go down
https://www.google.com/
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Waifu : Sukkito

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:19 am

Spending all my hearts on water, I think education and water are two most important areas to as water is life, and education helps all other areas we could donate in I have not mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm

wait it's tab.. not stab..?
fuck..

i guess these hearts won't help much...
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause EmptyTue May 05, 2015 1:48 am

Fish wrote:
Yes, did I not explain that in the post?
Did you? Did you reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly?

Alibaba wrote:
wait it's tab.. not stab..?
fuck..

i guess these hearts won't help much...
That pun took you nearly two weeks...
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Tab For A Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tab For A Cause   Tab For A Cause Empty

Back to top Go down

Tab For A Cause