World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leokane's E3 Favorites

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

Leokane's E3 Favorites Empty
PostSubject: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:44 pm

My favorites cause why not!? Categorized by conferences.
Developer / Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo
Looking back at all the conferences I'd say Sony was my favorite but Fallout 4 is my game of E3.

Developer:

Sony:

Microsoft:

Nintendo:

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:27 am

Glad someone else knows Fatal Frame 5 is coming. Nintendo sure didn't this E3... was seriously waiting for them to say anything about it during the conference.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:57 am

Kitouski wrote:
Glad someone else knows Fatal Frame 5 is coming. Nintendo sure didn't this E3... was seriously waiting for them to say anything about it during the conference.

A shame really that they don't push Fatal Frame 5. Fatal Frame 5 is the perfect game for Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Star Fox Zero was pretty much the hype game though
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Reikan wrote:
Star Fox Zero was pretty much the hype game though

I didn't feel the hype, not a Star Fox fan.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:47 am

Despite being heavily Nintendo bias I really felt their entire conference had no punch or impact. Here are games you've already seen a million times and us talking on them. Here are new games we have gameplay for but we're going to skim over so fast that you know literally nothing about them. Seriously, everyone is speculating the Animal Crossing board game is going to be a completely pointless roll and watch things happen with no interactions and I'm inclined to think the same with how little they showed, which sounds terrible. They dropped a Mario Tennis announcement and said literally nothing about it. They talked about Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World forever. Both look like good games and I'm psyched as hell for Mario Maker but they seriously didn't need to dedicate that much time to two games that have been shown in multiple Nintendo Directs and last years E3. They've even gone on record to say that they have new things developed with the new Zelda game but they didn't want to talk about it because it's launch is far out in the future... didn't stop them from talking about Xenoblade X years and years ago... still waiting for that game to come out, the reason I bought the console. I'm not even saying this from a bitter perspective, at least I got the console with something to look forward to. The entire package was stylish and colorful but I'm left feeling like I learned nothing new.

I'm not one for most mainstream triple A games but "For Honor" and "ReCore" both left me curious enough to make sure I keep them on my radar. SqareEnix's press conference was embarrassing to watch and EA was as infuriating as ever. Sony's and Microsoft's was fine, it's just as time goes on I realize I don't seem to be their target demographic with what they bring to bat. I was ready to drink every time Microsoft said 'Kinect', 'Sports' or 'Call of Duty' but surprisingly I would've drank very little so they've got that going for them.

All in all E3 sucked in my opinion. Besides Fatal Frame which wasn't even mentioned, most hyped for Shenmue 3, which seems to be also coming to PC Master Race so... that's a thing I suppose?

[/rant][/threadjack]#Shenmue3Confirmed
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:11 am

Kitouski wrote:
All in all E3 sucked in my opinion.

lol You're right you weren't the target audience this E3 cause it was so fucking hype.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 am

Kitouski wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXP0UCh2-NE if anyone missed it

And since I am here, I have to mention https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcGHIp8KvY best thing ever, 10/10 (3/10 if american dub)
I just wish E3 wasn't when it was, those damn 3 days. I did catch some treehouse (maybe more than I should have) and it always puts a smile on my face, but I can't say I have been on top of things.

Over all, from what I've caught at least, the stuff I watched over at treehouse were fun and all, but to get out of fanboy mode and try to talk about the other folks, it really did not seem as hype as people make it out to be. Basically, FFVII, shenmue, last guardian, so the things you thought were dead but are not. There were good looking new stuff, but they are mostly still at the vague stage and it would take a lot of trust to get excited about them, trust which the game industry has lost quite a bit of.

To explain better, the sources of hype this time were basically 2.

1: Games coming back from the dead.
In this case I can't be arsed to get too excited while looking at the past, not anymore. It's basically "This generation is being stale, so have some old games! Aren't you excited?!"

2: Games that amount mostly to future promises.
I think I've grown too tired of those, at least from developers I can't seem to trust or even developers that I haven't lost trust in but haven't been able to earn my trust either.

I may have grown too cynical, and maybe my attachment to the PC is moving me away from the console fanfare, but what I am looking for is games that are tangible. I'm not saying be released or no hype, but I am saying I'll trust it when I see it, meaningful gameplay, enough content to show this is happening, the developer actually having faith in their title. And when that happens it's iffy again if that's already been driven to the ground with reveal after reveal of the same thing, at least when it comes to creating hype, so it needs to be at that transitional stage where the meaningful hands on time will happen at E3, and if it's not coming to PC it had better be friggin' amazing (like Genei Ibun Roku!).

That's another reason why I enjoy treehouse so much, there will be good fun games and non-developers will have hands on time with it while the developer can at the same time provide information, in a reasonable timeframe (I really am not comfortable with the ADHD approach of gaming news outlets during E3 of "5 minutes to this game! Now 3 minutes to this game! Now explain everything about this game in 1.5 minutes!").

Maybe I am biased and all, but I am tired of the modern gaming approach of pushing too serious games (or too depressing, or even then realistic colour pallets in general) and pushing social stuff or pushing hype for the sake of it with pieces of meaningless or sidetracking content and pushing the culture of actually playing less. I am burned out to the point where I have to either see a really good game I'd enjoy happening, with all the silliness that's involved, or I just can't be arsed to get excited. And I guess after all this time my bar is set higher as well.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Leokane wrote:
A shame really that they don't push Fatal Frame 5. Fatal Frame 5 is the perfect game for Wii U.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Kingdom Hearts 3 as much as the next person but I knew people who stood in front of Walmart for literally 48 hours before the PS3 release to get one on launch because "it's the console Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out on" and they couldn't be more obvious that it was development hell if they tried when they talked about it on stage. I'm also just as excited for Fallout 4 as anyone else but that was leaked days in advanced. I WANT to be excited for Dark Souls 3 but somehow they took this game and already made it an annual thing. I also want to be excited for the Rare Collection but I already own physical copies of nearly every Rare game that's ever been sold and a digital copy just seems like a downgrade to a chronic collector like me. Nintendo was the only one that made sure E3 wasn't "E3: Cinematic Trailer Edition" where everything is a trailer video and not actual gameplay with Treehouse and showing solid gameplay but... I guess I was hoping to hear about new things for the WiiU given how seldom games come out for the thing and how my hype died for most things still being developed given that I bought the thing 2 years ago because "it's the console Xenoblade is coming out on." Good to see I'm going to enjoy what I know is coming just as much as I could've expected (especially Mario Maker with that Nintendo Championship campaign as well as both Starfox and Genei Ibun Roku in general) but it's sort of a letdown to know I'm only going to be getting 3-4 games this year for the console. Nintendo does do Nintendo Directs like every other month though so I'm holding out on hoping there's more information as it comes and they're just doing it in their strange Nintendo-like way where they're holding out until they have more information on things.

Long story short I'm just getting sick of the WiiU game drought and the corporate circlejerking by everyone else.

Al-Bhed wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXP0UCh2-NE if anyone missed it

I actually caught it live and it was pretty awesome that they showed it off a bit. I think most of the average E3 watchers would've either watched just the Nintendo Direct or read footnotes about it about it though and left it at that... not that it effects me but it does make me worry about Nintendo as a whole given WiiU sales. As far as I'm concerned they have the best exclusive shooter (Splatoon), platformer (practically everything), fighter (SSB4), racer (Mario Kart 8) and soon horror game (Fatal Frame 5) that isn't just ported to the PC as well which is the problem I have with the Xbone/PS4 in their current states. It feels like them neglecting to show off things like Fatal Frame is a bit of a loss, especially given the fact that they were willing to show Bayonetta 2 last year which is also M rated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leokane's E3 Favorites   Leokane's E3 Favorites Empty

Back to top Go down

Leokane's E3 Favorites
Page 1 of 1