World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some bothering effects...

Go down 
+3
AsianGuy1137
Heyhoe
AsianShadow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Some bothering effects... Empty
PostSubject: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Hey guys,Idk why but this question keeps bothering me..
Which goes,:Jinzo or Skill Drain(without in faceup yet,its facedown)
Or another one,: Gorz or Royal Oppresion
Tell me which goes cuz Im too lazy to look it up.
Anways,thank you guys and tell me which is whcih.
Back to top Go down
Heyhoe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Heyhoe

Waifu : Heyhoe

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 pm

1. If Jinzo is faceup on the field, Skill Drain is useless.

2. Gorz cannot be negated, because its effect triggers during damage step. Royal Oppresion cannot be activated during damage step.

If Gorz is special summoned by taking effect damage, you can use RO to negate Gorz's effect once it triggers.

Hope it helped smile

Last edited by Heyhoe on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Haha I see now,sorry for these noobish questions,I just wanted to know,but anways,this helped alot and thanks. :D
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Heyhoe wrote:
1. If Jinzo is faceup on the field, Skill Drain is useless.

2. Gorz cannot be negated, because its effect triggers during damage step. Royal Oppresion cannot be activated during damage step.

If Gorz is special summoned by taking effect damage, you can use RO to negate Gorz's effect once it triggers.

Hope it helped smile

Not quite true. If Jinzo is summoned after Skill Drain is already active, Skill Drain takes precedence. Same thing for two conflicting continuous effects, whichever was on the field first takes precedence. As for Gorz, if you happen to take effect damage, that's the only instance its summoning can be negated.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:22 pm

yeah,as they said above,those statements are true,to negate gorz's battle damage effect,you'll need solemn warning,since it negates the effect,or something like that,i dont remeber at all,i think al told me once,but can't clearly remember

and about jinzo and skill drain,it depends who was first on the field or last if it was a chain

ie:Normal Summon Jinzo(you chain skill drain to his summon,then skill drain will activate first and therefore negate jinzo effect)

You activate Skill Drain(you chain,i dunno,call of the haunted to the activation of skill drain,when jinzo hits field,his effect would activate first,before skill drain resolves,therefore negating skill drain,and all traps)
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Just so you'll know how to get such situations, as asianguy said the first effect to be there takes precedence, that applies to more than this example, for example Wildheart vs Skill Drain, if Wildheart is on the field and you activate skill drain later it is unaffected, if you have it on the field and summon wildheart/jinzo they lose their effects.

Also remember that Jinzo does not allow traps to be activated at all so while he is face up you can't flip skill drain, so I guess the only case where Jinzo negates skill drain is when an effect which summons him is chained to the initial activation of Skill Drain.

I haven't looked it up before answering so if anyone has something to correct/add go ahead.

Moved to questions.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Zombie_World
Quote :
Vs. "DNA Surgery": Which ever card is activates last has its effect applied (although "Zombie World" will continue to affect the Graveyard and prevent Tribute Summons). Also, if "DNA Surgery" is activated after "Zombie World", then Tribute Summoning an originally Zombie-Type monster is still allowed (even though it is a non-Zombie-Type monster when it is on the field).[6]
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Just to add that this is because it is not the same case, those are relations of negation (or generally cards that affect each other) where that general rule of first come first serve applies. It is true that when 2 cards try to apply a conflicting condition on the field the last to activate applies the effect, but Zombie World and DNA Surgery do not affect each other but the gamestate (monsters, types, graveyard, tributes etc.).

That being said I know it's not as easy to visualize the relationship between the 2 cards in each case and I am a total nerd for getting it, but still, it is different.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:10 am

So what came first: the chicken or the egg? I mean if Jinzo was on field first, skill drain is nulled unless u use other means to negate jinzo for future terms.

Oppression cannot be activated during damage step so Gorz succeeds in summoning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some bothering effects...   Some bothering effects... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some bothering effects...
Page 1 of 1