World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Digimon general thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Digimon general thread Empty
PostSubject: Digimon general thread   Digimon general thread EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:22 am

The first four episodes parts of Digimon tri came out yesterday or so. Even now, a day later, I feel like I wanna discuss Digimon, let's get a thread up.

Goddamn, watching that was a real nostalgia trip, won't lie. They got the same singers to sing the OP and ED again(rip Kouji Wada, your voice shall be missed but your efforts at trying to sing again brings an honest tear to my eye).

The art style....at first when it was revealed I dug it a lot, the Tsuritama style and all, but seeing it in action I felt the mood of the artstyle was a little off. And the animation quality is Toei quality and I didn't expect much and there were some visually exciting moments but I don't know, I was somewhat disappointed?

Plot, plot, naturally that's the bone of the discussion. How it continues from 01 and to an extent 02(hey fuck you toei i liked 02. i know most people didnt but killing the main 4 just like that kinda hurts you know)...Taichi's gotten emo and fuck it's not been pretty. I actually kinda get where Taichi's coming from, him realizing that collateral damage actually matters and all but they're not really developing that point well. Yes, digimons fighting means collateral damage and collateral damage is bad but it's so damn apparent that if Taichi didn't man the fuck up then things would've gotten much, much worse. Yamato(who's really based by the way) and everyone else raises a good point and all we get from Taichi is him being silent and some flashback to a broken bridge and some uncolored broken phone(was that his or something? he still has his phone though, and i dont see anything resembling a corpse nearby). Taichi's just pussying out and he's not really giving us, the viewers, any points to sympathize with his hesitation and it kinda kills his character and my enjoyment of  him in these four episodes.

The only other thing that really bothered me I guess was Meiko. I'm sorry but a character named Mochizuki Meiko just screams fanfic OC to me(yes i'm aware, the irony). Is she gonna pull a Homura or something? Or will she just be a normal sue? I have a lot of reservations about her but since we've seen very little about her I will withhold the cynicism within me, for a while.

boring things aside, HOLY SHIT hikari is as cute as ever but FUCKING MIMI IS 10/10. HER VERY PRESENCE LIGHTENS UP MY HEART EVERYTIME SHE APPEARS. SHES FUCKING PERFECT. IZUMI YOU HAVE 10/10 PATRICIAN TASTE TOO BUDDY, YOU CAN DO IT. i dont really care about sora

discuss digimon i guess. in general or tri. after finishing the four episodes i was left with a rather empty, kinda lonely feeling so i guess the OVA didn't do too bad.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Digimon general thread   Digimon general thread EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 am

But Danna, does it have the best Digimon? Lilithmon?

Digimon general thread Lilithmon_xw_16
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Digimon general thread   Digimon general thread EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:51 am

i'm sorry dan but 2 was shit
or so i vaguely remember from 10-13 years ago
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Digimon general thread   Digimon general thread EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 2:08 am

for some reason taichi's skin is darker than in the promo posters

and the artstyle was actually somewhat different from the tsuritama style the promo artworks had

idk why, noticed just now
Back to top Go down
Goku~
WDA Member
WDA Member
Goku~

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : goku91919

PostSubject: Re: Digimon general thread   Digimon general thread EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 2:12 am

So did Adventure two legit died from this universe .... wut.Well tho 10-12 years have passed and Idr any of the fight I hardly just remeber the characters so It was like watching a fresh anime to be with chracters I fell familiar and nostalgic with.which comes to Y NO EVO ANIMATION FOR OMEGA MONZ!!!!.Btw get rekt @anyonewhoshippedTKwithanyone weather it be Kari Davis or Matt(onni-chan!!! ;;;;blink ) tho he still loves onni-chan the most
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon general thread   Digimon general thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon general thread
Page 1 of 1