World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chat tabs!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 am

I was just thinking instead of replacing the cbox and chatango with each other each time something happens why don't we just have 2 active chat tabs and you can switch from one to the other at any time.

Then again I don't know how hard/easy this is to do for Al or how hard/easy it is just switching them each time something happens.

Also it helps incase Al was weirdly inactive for a while or something.

Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:20 am

With JavaScript the difficulty is a 2/10. Or a 4/20.
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 10:10 pm

This would be nice. Work your magic, Irate.

Also reading the chat(which I sorta can do if I exit mobile mode for a while) for a second I thought Al never read Mirai Nikki and was confused as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:01 am

There are some problems with that, specifically that it needs to be hosted externally, and it needs to autorefresh. Also, everybody hates javascript, including this forum, security risk and stuff. Basically, we aren't paying for the code, chat code is a joke, we are paying for hosting and autorefresh. Granted chatango can do the same.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:41 am

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
Are you saying that having both chatango and cbox on the forum with the option to switch between which one is showing would cause problems with their autorefresh? And that you can't use java on the forum?
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 10:37 pm

>implying that Java is equal to JavaScript

*sigh*

It wouldn't be a security risk. I'll whip something up soon.
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Behemoth wrote:
>implying that Java is equal to JavaScript

*sigh*
sry we're filthy commoners
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:06 am

Oh, misread what you were asking for. In that case, we could just have both chats on the forum and have a hide button with html, default for cbox being unhide, default for chatango being hide, we have the same thing on the portal.

As far as security risks go, it's not about your personal code being a security risk or not. Some users/sites disallow the usage of javascript entirelly, period, not picking. Browsers have that option because it allows for faster and more secure browsing, and it's considered simply better for browsing, while forumotion has that option on the admin panel, because it eliminates the security risk with authentications etc.

We used to have javascript disabled ourselves, but digi brought it back for misc stuff, then I kept it to make it snow on Christmas (so if you dislike that one, just disable your javascript) and because we are too small to worry about security risks, but you never know, we may turn it off at any time.

As for the difficulty of switching between them from the admin panel, here's how I've set it up:
The code for both chats is on the same widget that gives us the chat. However one of them is commented (is surrounded by '' at the end) which makes the code have no effect, it's just a comment when you do that. Whenever I switch, I just take the from one chat code and put them on the other, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat tabs!!!!!!!   Chat tabs!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat tabs!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1