World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom Empty
PostSubject: FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom   FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 9:52 pm

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom PfFyUwT
FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom FPKWbWl
I couldn't make up my mind, so you get two logos today!

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite - Out on September 19th for PS4, XONE and PC

It's Mahvel time baby! Well, sort of...
Just yesterday, Capcom released the latest trailer for the upcoming Marvel vs Capcom game, and it has been confirmed that it will be dropping on September 19th. The trailer also highlights some story elements involving Sigma from the Mega Man X series as well as Ultron teaming up to form....Ultron Sigma?

Anyways, a bunch of other characters have been confirmed among the ones we already know. Here's the list down below:

Spoiler:

Now if you noticed something a little off, that's right: Sigma is in fact going to be the first of six DLC characters in the game, which is especially odd considering that Ultron is going to be playable in the initial build of the game at launch. Never change, Capcom. Never change.

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom A222ddc1544125fe67aff79ebcdfdb21

It bears mentioning that there will be three different versions of the game to purchase at launch:

Standard ($60): This is the regular game at the regular store price, unless you live somewhere with inflated prices, then you have my condolences.
Deluxe Edition ($90): This will net you all six DLC characters that will most likely come out at a later date. That's all we know so far.
Collector's Edition ($200): This one nets you all the above in addition to four character statues of Chun-Li (yay), X, Iron Man and Captain Marvel, alongside some Infinity Stone replicas. This one seems like it has a lot of value, so once pre-orders are up and if you want one, you better order as soon as you can because this thing is going to run out almost immediately.

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom 54zZaHz
FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom 3L2nqsU

Now something to consider, and this might bother a lot of fighting game enthusiasts, is that the command inputs are said to be dumbed down in this next iteration. This is confirmed by a reputable source for the game on NeoGAF. One such example being that Ryu's iconic Shoryuken, rather than requiring the classic Z motion that set the standards, is now going to be a double-tap down. This is obviously extremely alarming to a lot of people, but Capcom has stated previously that they do want to build the game to be friendlier to newcomers, and this is one way of how they're doing it.

There's also going to be some pre-order costumes at launch for the game. The costumes are as follows:

Warrior Thor
Gladiator Hulk

Evil Ryu
Command Mission X

Spoiler:

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom Mvcisc21

Capcom also released some early screenshots of the game, which you can find at Shoryuken.com.

If you'd like to see what the fighting game guru himself has to say about this, you can check his video down below.

Sources:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kimo Force on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom   FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 10:15 pm

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom Mvcisc23

For my personal thoughts on this, well, I have concerns. A lot of them. I personally thought that going back to the 2v2 style and focusing less on the sheer insanity of assists was a very welcome change of pace, and harking back to the very original Marvel vs Capcom Clash of Super Heroes on the PlayStation. However, the more "cinematic" aesthetic the game is taking just feels very bland and uninteresting when compared to that of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and previous sprite-based games. Infinite so far just doesn't seem like it has the same flare past games did, and it feels so unpassionate to me.

On top of that, the UI seems so generic and even silly. Meters don't look interesting at all and just seem to have a very cookie cutter aesthetic that's surprisingly less appealing than Street Fighter V's (no offense to the game itself; it's just that one element that I don't like about it). The super meter bar is way too thick that it has any right to be. It looks a bit out-of-place, and it's taking up space that it just doesn't need when that space could be better suited to the actual game itself. I'm not happy with it at all, and I really do hope they change it later down the line as the game could very well still be in early production.

Now graphics aside, I don't know how to feel about the more dumbed down command inputs. I do acknowledge that circle inputs can be a hindrance to certain players, which is most likely where Capcom is going with this. However, I've gotten so used to using circle moves to the point that to omit them entirely is going to take some growing pain. I guess my approval, or disapproval thereof, comes down to how far Capcom takes this. I'm not against change, but change shouldn't come at the expense of people's enjoyment of the game.

I think the best option would be to have something similar to Arc System Works' stylish mode where certain inputs are easier for newcomers minus all the auto-combing and auto-blocking that system comes with; yet I'm not sure if that's a good idea as it could be deemed unfair by a good portion of the community. I'll just wait and see how far Capcom takes.

Concerning the DLC...please let this be how far Capcom takes it. Please! Don't turn into Mortal Kombat X! I personally think Capcom dropped the ball with Marvel vs Capcom 3 hard with how certain features that were expected to be patched into it never were, and instead were in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 which not only included new characters that you couldn't buy for the original, but even released in the same year and still required you to buy Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine separately as DLC. This really soured my opinion on UMvC3 back then, and even though I'm over all that, Capcom, don't do it again. You're already asking for a season pass essentially. Leave it at there, please.

I can already see Leo coming up to counter my arguments, and I am aware that I'm much more hostile towards fighting game DLC than your average fighting game player. Still, those are my early thoughts on the game at the moment, and if you think I don't know what I'm talking about, then that's why I left Max' video up above just in case, since he knows what he's talking about a lot more than I do.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom   FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 7:19 am

Kimo Force wrote:
I can already see Leo coming up to counter my arguments

T-thanks? My position as devil's advocate proceeds me. While I may defend Street Fighter V because I do truly like the game, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite isn't out yet so I don't really have much to defend. I know why sigma is a DLC character, we all know why he is a DLC character, he has been a highly requested character that people will spend extra money on. As far as the special editions go I might get the Collector's Edition because for $200 I get four statues, a LED Infinity Stone collection and steel bookcase? Sign me up.

Graphics are halfway done? It supposedly comes out in September (inb4 delay) so characters models can improve and backgrounds can become livelier. It looks Marvelish so far to me and some characters look better to me here than in UMvC3 (Hulk being an example). The UI could easily change, SFV had a different UI when footage was first shown so if enough people complain I can see a change in UI from them.

Moving on to gameplay, I'll never understand the concept of dumbed down inputs equals a better game for newcomers. Newcomers come and stay if the game is fun. Should've called this game Marvel vs Capcom: Contest of Champions. Let's play optimist here though. Like you pointed out, MvCI can have two modes of playing and that is something that had already been done with UMvC3. So while what was experienced by Ryce and others can be true and even the default there could still be chance of a more traditional play type.

BUT MOVING ON TO THE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS
FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom 25_mvcicostumes02

WHY DOES EVIL RYU LOOK LIKE ASURA CAPCOM!? YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT EVIL RYU DOESN'T HAVE WHITE HAIR OR SHIT THAT GOES AROUND HIS ARMS! I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T PUT ASURA IN I'LL still buy this game cause I buy almost every major fighter that comes out but you know I'll be upset about you not putting Asura in. Come on Capcom, we know you'll never make another Asura's Wraith so at least give him the Captain Falcon treatment and put him in your fighting games.

So who the fuck knows how this will turn out. Kinda hard to think positive when NetherRealm has their Injustice 2 marketing going strong. If the game is fun the MAHVEL community will keep it alive. They've kept MvC3 alive this long. Oh I forgot to mention earlier but I'm completely fine with them going back to the older 2v2 gameplay.

Also are we not going to point out that the main villains for both Injustice 2 and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite are robots?
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom   FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 2:09 pm

If Zero doesn't return, I'm not touching this game with a ten-foot-pole.

On the other hand, if he returns, I MAY pre-order just for the Command Mission X skin. I loved that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom   FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom Empty

Back to top Go down

FGN: I'm Not So Sure About Your Ride, Marvel vs Capcom
Page 1 of 1