World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DnD: Servant Class (Prototype)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

DnD: Servant Class (Prototype) Empty
PostSubject: DnD: Servant Class (Prototype)   DnD: Servant Class (Prototype) EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:24 pm

I thought it might be fun to passively use Droop in our sessions with some level of growth instead of either being a full fledged PC or simply a servant NPC. I remembered seeing https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Slave_(5e_Class) and it being sort of a class that was meant to be worse than your typical class but... it's filled with problems that are both problematic (things that modify quest gold) and thematically weird. (Droop is no longer a slave.) So I decided to edit up my own brew and see what you think. I'd like to stress that this was made with the intentions of making the character competent without it being "on our level". Having Droop the Fighter who grows as well and is as powerful as us just feels wrong.

==========

Servant
You are but a simple servant who holds no special talents but intends on honing them all for the sake of your master. Maybe you're indebted to them... or perhaps you are practically their slave. No matter the reason, you intend to live your life doing what you can to assist others.

Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d6 per Servant level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 6 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4) + Constitution modifier per Servant level after 1st

Proficiency

Armor: Light
Weapons: None
Tools: Two Artisan Tool of your masters choice
Saving Throws: Dexterity and Charisma
Skills: Choose any two skills excluding, Deception, Intimidation and Persuasion.
Starting Items: None

A Life of Servitude
At 1st level, assign one player character within your party the title of "master". You can only choose to multi-class if your master is killed, your services are dismissed or you reach level 10 as a Servant. Upon changing classes you are then locked out of the Servant class and can no longer gain levels in it.

Natural Intuition
At 1st Level, you have the uncanny ability to determine who may be a threat to you and your master. When you successfully attack a opponent, you can use a bonus action to determine whether the creature has hit points higher, lower, or equal to your own.

I Live To Serve
At 1st level, you have learned a lot about who your master is and can replicate some of his abilities just from the time you've spent serving them. You are able to learn two class skills, features, cantrips or spells that your master knows that they obtained at or before level 3. These can be changed once a week during a long rest. Spells learned this way can only be used once per day and do not consume a spell slot.

Self Sacrifice
At 2nd level, when a creature you can see attacks a target other than you that is within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to attempt to protect that target. The attacker must make a Dexterity saving throw. Upon a failed save, you become the new attack target and receive +2 AC for this attack only.

I Live To Protect
At 3rd level you become proficient with simple and improvised weapons.

Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two Ability Scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Job Well Done
At 4th level you can pick any artisan tool to become proficient with it. Alternatively, you can pick any artisan tool you already have proficiency in and become a master in it, doubling your proficiency bonus with that tool.

Helping Hand
When you reach 5th level, you have learned how to respond quickly when others are in need and assist them. You can take the Help action as a bonus action once per round.

I Live To Serve Enhanced
When you reach 6th level, you have spent a much greater amount of time with your master. You are able to learn an additional class skill, feature, cantrip or spells that your master knows that they obtained at or before level 6. This can be changed once a week during a long rest. Spells learned this way can only be used once per day and do not consume a spell slot.

Desperate Protector
At 7th level, when you make a melee attack roll while your master's hit point total is less than half its maximum and they are visible, you can choose to gain advantage on all melee attack rolls for the next minute.

On What Business?
When you reach 8th level, you have handled many people who want to speak with your master as well as his companions. You gain the ability to speak two languages but not how to read and write their script.

Nimble Protector
When you reach 9th level, you have protected the life of your master and his companions many times and have gotten quite dexterous in handling whatever you must use to do so. When you wield a weapon with only one hand, the weapon is considered to have the finesse property for you.

I Live To Serve Mastery
When you reach 10th level, you are attuned with your master's will and know him better than anyone else. You are able to learn an additional class skill, feature, cantrip or spell that your master knows that they obtained at or before level 10. This can be changed once a week during a long rest. Spells learned this way can only be used once per day and do not consume a spell slot.
Back to top Go down

DnD: Servant Class (Prototype)
Page 1 of 1