World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ragnarok Online

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 am

Hi. I'm Poofy. I've been playing on a Ragnarok Online server called TalonRO. Ragnarok Online is a wonderful MMO that I'm sure many of you would enjoy! The server I have chosen to play on is a private server with a decent population, and it sure would be neat to play with more friends! I've already drug Nour along for the ride and it looks like she drug Earl and Danna along for it as well so now I'm making a topic on it.

https://talonro.com/

I have a long, long, long history with this game so can give advice as well as sugar daddy people with game money or simple gear until they quit figure things out. The game starts with a simple follow the NPCs tutorial which ends with you picking what sort of class you want to be, this will happen pretty quickly after starting the game. Here's a good source on how the class system works in this game.

http://irowiki.org/classic/Classes

You get to pick anything under "First Class" or "Expanded Classes" at first and most of them grow into secondary jobs based off of your first choice. Some of the starting classes are definitely more difficult than others in a leveling sense, with Mages and Archers being some of the easiest to level and (some builds of) Acolytes and Merchants being the hardest... but it's all fairly doable.

I'M SURE I'M MISSING CONVIENCING THINGS TO SAY OR GENERAL INFORMATION BUT INSTEAD I'LL SMASH MY KEYBOARD RANDOMLY HERE. JEKLRJ)J()#$ORI#JFLDF
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Achievement Points : 11
Waifu : Centrik

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 am

Ragnarok has been my thing forever.

http://www.playragnarok.com

Is this the real server?

Add my discord man I'm going to download that private server.

Centrik#8086
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 pm

Hey poof. Which style should I aim for? Assassin Katar or Dual Daggers build? Dual Daggers looks cooler but I don't know if it's better than Katar. Also if I want to go DD, what weapon should I buy? 2 Damascus's first and then go for elemental Damascus's later?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 am

Given how powerful Grimtooth is for leveling and how Sonic Blow is an all around alright skill, you might be better off going with Katar. The only thing that might be a bit of a pain is elemental weaknesses are HUGE in this game and the entry cost on katars is more than daggers. Forged elemental daggers will set you back like 800k each element while elemental katars will set you back anywhere from 1.5mil to 3mil depending on the element. The cost ceiling for daggers is probably higher though since there's a bit of variation on what you can be holding and you always are holding two things. It's not that double dagger is that bad, it's just a giant pain in the ass compared to katars where you have a clear cut, this is my weapon, these are my skills.

Technically you have the flexibility to try both since most of the venom skills are hot garbage, leaving room to get points for both Katar skills and Right/Left Hand Mastery. It'll give you a good idea of what you like more personally. No matter what you do, remember there's a skill/stat resetter on this server (at a cost) and transcending to Assassin Cross when you hit 99 will reset you back to level 1 so you don't have to think too hard on build permanence yet.
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Ok thanks I'm currently trying both.

Also how can I earn money fast? I have been farming on Toy Factory for a day but now they don't give much EXP.

Also, is monthly costume box pernament? And what can I do with copper, golden coins?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:24 am

Depending on your flee and level there's a couple of decent places that also give a good sum of zeny.

Hill Winds is the easiest I can think of off the top of my head which is N, N, W of Lighthalzen. You require 187 flee to dodge them 95% of the time... not too sure how much you know about the dodge formula, but every 1 flee less you have is a 1% higher chance of getting hit. They hit hard so you probably would want like 80% flee and some potions on hand but their health is relatively low so it's easy to kill a whole bunch of them. They drop about 1k worth of loot a kill as their feather and talon sells to NPCs for a fair bit.

If that doesn't work out because of your current level, Verits are pretty neat which are in basement floor 3 of Pyramids. The experience isn't necessarily all that better than Toy Factory (Minorous which are aggressive on the map help and give more exp) but the money can be. You can go both up and down in the Pyramids, so once you enter them you'll want to go to the warp that's in the dead center of the map and not the one on the top left. Once you're on the second floor which has no monsters you want to walk straight down until you reach a staircase going downwards and you're there. Verits drop Immortal Hearts which sells to players for the fluctuating price of 1.5k to 2k a piece and they drop at a 100% rate. You only need 151 to dodge them at full. A command you can use is @whobuy and then the exact name of the item, so in this case "@whobuy Immortal Heart". It'll give everyone who has a shop up buying them, the map they're on and the coordinates. Then it's just a matter of going to what city they're in (it's usually Payon, Prontera or Prontera Mall) finding them and cashing them out for their zeny. Having a merchant character that can auto vend tends to help sell things at a higher amount (for example, the highest @whobuy is 1.6k currently but the lowest @whosell is 1.9k... that just might mean that the highest buyers are bought out and the lowest sellers are too though) but if you don't want to go through with making a merchant slave character this is the easiest way to do it without running around advertising you got hundreds of Immortal Hearts.

I THINK monthly costume box is permanent? I haven't dabbled in much of the aesthetic talon coin items and the way this server does costumes is unique to me but given the variety I see for sale I'd like to assume so... don't take this as fact though, I could be wrong.

Copper Coins can be exchanged for Talon Coins at a rate influenced by the number of people voting for TalonRO as a private server, which is a whole different thing to explain. Basically the "Reward Guru" at the fountain of Prontera will take them and turn them into Talon Coins at a fluctuating exchange rate, where the lowest it can go is 50 copper coins become 1 talon coin. The current exchange rate is 55 copper => 1 Talon and you can expect this to go up and down. Copper coins are usually gotten by voting, participating in server events and getting them as drops, killing monsters on the TamTam maps, which is currently anything in Geffen Fields or Dungeons... which is making High Orcs an insanely great place to level for this month.

Bronze Coins are actually hella cool for leveling sake and is used at the "Rental Master" at the Prontera fountain. They're exchanged to rent really strong armor or weapons for a week, and in some cases is literally like the 3rd best weapon you can get in the game. Generally I don't bother with the armor at all so I can upkeep my weapon every week. In an Assassin's case, "Jamadhar Box" for 110 Bronze Coins would go a long, long way as it has 200 base attack and does an additional 40% attack, which is insanely good vs NPC gear. They're gotten by completing quests from the Hunting Board in Prontera, completing certain quests and killing monsters on the TamTam maps.

...I'm assuming those were the two coin types you were talking about. If you actually meant golden coins and not bronze then... I have never seen golden coins and have no clue, lol.
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Omg thank you poof. I have never earned zeny this easy in my life lol.

I have 181 flee and I'm suitable in Pyramids. Really enjoying stealing all their hearts. In just 5-10 minutes and I can make around 100000z.

Hours ago I was hanging around Anthell. Give me 50000z per 30 mins.

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER. So fast haha.
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 5:37 am

@Kitouski I now have 33m zeny. What build is the best for assassin and what equip should I buy? Thank smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ragnarok Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok Online   Ragnarok Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Ragnarok Online
Page 1 of 1